Hundreds of Lewd Photos Found in Epstein's Mansion - Page 2
He pleads not guilty to sex-trafficking charges involving minors
- Labor chief's role: Eleven years ago, Epstein struck a deal in which he avoided federal prosecution on similar charges and a possible life sentence by pleading guilty to lesser state charges of soliciting a minor for prostitution, reports Reuters. He had to register as a sex offender in Florida and serve 13 months in a county jail. Among the federal prosecutors who orchestrated the deal was Alex Acosta, who is now President Trump's labor secretary. He has defended it as the best option available at the time.
- Photos: Federal agents found hundreds or perhaps thousands of lewd photos of young women or girls during a search of Epstein's Manhattan mansion, reports the AP.
- Old quote: A quote from President Trump about Epstein in 2002 is now in wide circulation. "I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy," Trump told New York magazine. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."
- Newspaper investigation: The Miami Herald and reporter Julie K. Brown took a critical look at the 2008 plea deal last year in an investigation labeled "Perversion of Justice." Start here.
- Reporter: Journalist Brown is getting a lot of kudos in the wake of Epstein's arrest. "I know there is a lot of praise on here for the Herald and myself," she tweeted. "But I have to say the ... REAL HEROES HERE were the courageous victims that faced their fears and told their stories."
- Bombshells to come? A new Herald story floats the possibility that some of Epstein's high-profile friends might face trouble, too. Notably, that includes British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, 57, who the newspaper says has been "accused of working as Epstein’s madam," and Jean-Luc Brunel, who court records suggest partnered with Epstein in a modeling agency.
- Familiar name: One of the prosecutors working the new Epstein case is Maurene Comey, daughter of James Comey, reports CNN.
(Read more Jeffrey Epstein
My Take on This Story
Show results |