From the tragic (World Trade Center attacks, Hurricane Katrina) to the seemingly trivial (Stephen Fry's first Tweet), the Telegraph lists the top 100 defining cultural moments of the decade so far:
- April 2000: Metallica sues music-sharing service Napster.
- October 2001: The iPod is released.
- February 2003: Sacha Baron Cohen hits America.
- March 2003: Michael Moore slams President Bush at the Oscars.
- February 2005: YouTube is created.
- November 2005: Guitar Hero debuts on PlayStation 2.
- May 2006: An Inconvenient Truth premieres.
- January 2007: Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father is published.
- February 2009: Slumdog Millionaire wins eight Oscars.
- June 2009: Michael Jackson dies.
- December 2009: James Cameron's digital 3D epic Avatar will be released.
To see the complete list, which has a decidedly British bent, click the link at right. (Read more Napster