Lady Gaga recently started touting celibacy—a shock considering her lyrics about disco-stick-riding—but she's not the only celebrity who's jumped on that particular bandwagon. The Daily Beast lists 14, some of whom will surprise you:
- Jessica Simpson: Back when she was championing abstinence as a pop starlet, who would have guessed Simpson would one day be John Mayer's "sexual napalm"?
- The Jonas Brothers: The teen idols vowed abstinence until marriage—so now-married Kevin is, one assumes, no longer celibate.
- Paris Hilton: The sex tape star decided to stay celibate for a year in 2006, and claimed at the same time she'd slept with only two men.
- Lenny Kravitz: The rocker gave up sex during a recent tour, and told Maxim in 2008 he'd been celibate for three years.
- Terrence Howard: The Hustle & Flow actor told Elle in 2008 he was done with his "wild years" and had decided to turn his back on premarital sex.
- AC Green: The Los Angeles Laker remained a virgin, even though his teammates tried their hardest to break him, until his marriage in 2002.
- Colin Farrell: The bad boy made headlines in 2009 for swearing off women, but he soon went on to have a baby with Alicja Bachleda-Curus.
For the complete list, click here
(Read more celebrity