New York has an early look at Newsweek columnist Jonathan Alter's book on the Obama White House, The Promise. Tidbits (some newsier than others):
- Obama tells Alter that GOP opposition to the stimulus "helped create the tea-baggers and empowered that whole wing of the Republican Party where it now controls the agenda for the Republicans."
- Obama doesn't think much of the "diplomatic skill set" of Larry Summers (presidential nickname: Dr. Kevorkian) and thought he deserved to get the boot from Harvard.
- Also on Summers: He got whiny when he wasn't on the short list to get the president's Blackberry email address. Rahm Emanuel made it right.
- Notable Rahm f-bombs: "I'm going to kill that f---ing dog," referring to Bo's early accidents and the resulting presidential cleanup duties. "Take your f---ing tampon out and tell me what you want to say," to a male staffer.
- A third party says budgetary stud-muffin Peter Orszag wears a "bad toupee."
(Read more President Obama