President Obama is keeping one of the 22 pens he used to sign the health care bill and doling out the others. The recipients, as noted by the Washington Post:
- The obvious: Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid
- Honoraries: Ted Kennedy's wife, Vicki, and Sister Carol Keehan, a Catholic nun who gave an important endorsement.
- Other lawmakers and bigwigs: Sens. Dick Durbin, Max Baucus, Tom Harkin, and Chris Dodd; Reps. Steny Hoyer, James Clyburn, John Dingell, George Miller, Henry Waxman, Sander Levin, and Charlie Rangel; HHS chief Kathleen Sebelius; and White House adviser Nancy-Ann DeParle.
- Posterity: Two go to the National Archives.
- Who? Phil Schiliro, the White House congressional liaison.
(Read more President Obama