Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Dec 30, 2021 8:43 AM CST
BBC Apologizes Over Dershowitz Interview
He was brought on as legal analyst on Ghislaine Maxwell without reference to his ties to the case
- Like a lot of outlets, the BBC brought on legal analysts to discuss the guilty verdicts of Ghislaine Maxwell . Unlike a lot of outlets, the BBC invited attorney Alan Dershowitz to discuss the case—without disclosing Dershowitz's own deep ties to it, reports Mediaite . Not only was Dershowitz a...
Ruins an Original Banksy
Nov 11, 2021 4:10 PM CST
Christopher Walken Ruins an Original Banksy
On purpose: Actor painted over a rat in scene from BBC's 'The Outlaws'
- In the series finale of BBC comedy-drama
, a character played by Christopher Walken paints over an image of a rat below the name Banksy. And here is where fiction meets reality: Not only was the mural an original Banksy artwork, but Walken really did destroy it on the...
Try to Storm Building
BBC Left in 2013
Aug 9, 2021 5:16 PM CDT
Anti-Vaccine Protesters Try to Storm Building BBC Left in 2013
They found their way to the broadcaster's current headquarters hours later
- Anti-vaccine protesters angry about the BBC's coverage of the pandemic clashed with police officers as they attempted to storm a television building in west London Monday. But they had apparently failed to do their research—the broadcasters moved its news coverage and almost all other operations out of Television...
Jun 15, 2021 1:33 PM CDT
Lockdown Protesters Chase Journalist
Boris Johnson denounces harassment from crowd shouting 'traitor' at BBC reporter
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has denounced protesters of lockdown measures who chased a BBC journalist Monday through London streets. People in the crowd confronted Nicholas Watt, who wore BBC identification, screaming "traitor," before he made a run through the crowd, around a police line, and beyond a...
Princes William, Harry Speak
About Diana's BBC Interview
May 21, 2021 12:05 AM CDT
Princes William, Harry Speak About Diana's BBC Interview
It hurt his parents' relationship, indirectly resulted in Diana's death, William says
- The BBC has admitted it deceived Princess Diana in order to get its bombshell 1995 interview with her, and after the revelation Thursday, Prince William said that interview indirectly led to his mother's death. It also was a "major contribution to making my parents' relationship worse," he...
Inquiry Confirms BBC Lied
to Diana Before Interview
May 20, 2021 10:35 AM CDT
Inquiry Confirms BBC Lied to Diana Before Interview
Network apologizes over Martin Bashir's tactics ahead of famous 1995 sit-down
- In 1995, BBC journalist Martin Bashir sat down with Princess Diana for a bombshell interview in which she revealed details about her unhappy marriage. Now, an independent inquiry has concluded that Bashir had phony bank statements made up ahead of time to suggest that the royal family had been spying...
BBC Gets Slew of Complaints
Over Prince Philip Coverage
Apr 10, 2021 7:31 AM CDT
BBC Gets Slew of Complaints Over Prince Philip Coverage
Some viewers saw it as excessive
- The UK's national broadcaster switched instantly into mourning mode when Prince Philip’s death was announced Friday. The BBC canceled its regular programming and aired special coverage hosted by black-clad news anchors throughout the day. Popular prime-time shows such as the cooking contest
were supplanted. Some Britons saw...
BBC News in
Feb 11, 2021 5:20 PM CST
China Pulls BBC News in Retaliation
Britain had dropped CGTN's license last week
- In a clash that began over allegations of Communist influence on editorial policy, the BBC World Service has been canceled in China. British regulators had pulled the license of China's global television network last week, saying the Communist Party controlled CGTN's editorial policy, which is illegal in Britain....
He May Have Been First
to Report John Lennon's Death
Dec 8, 2020 10:45 AM CST
He May Have Been First to Report John Lennon's Death
WLIR's Steve North remembers that night, as does a BBC reporter at the scene 40 years ago
- On this night exactly 40 years ago, Mark David Chapman fatally shot John Lennon outside the Dakota apartment building where Lennon lived. Two journalists who reported on the events in 1980 reflect on the anniversary:
WLIR's Steve North writes in the Daily Beast that he believes he
BBC Decides Who Will Lead
Probe Into Diana Interview
Nov 18, 2020 1:51 PM CST
BBC Decides Who Will Lead Probe Into Diana Interview
A former Supreme Court judge will lead the investigation
- The BBC’s board of directors has approved the appointment of a retired senior judge to lead an independent investigation into the circumstances around a controversial 1995 TV interview with Princess Diana, the broadcaster said Wednesday. The announcement came after Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, made renewed claims this month...
BBC Agrees to Investigate
Famous Diana Interview
Nov 9, 2020 4:35 PM CST
BBC Agrees to Investigate Famous Diana Interview
Princess' brother has said the family was deceived in 1995 by fake documents
- Under pressure from Princess Diana's brother, the BBC has announced it will commission an outside investigation into how it obtained her family's support in obtaining a 1995 interview. Charles Spencer has accused Martin Bashir, who conducted the interview, of faking documents to make it appear people connected to...
It's a Legendary Interview.
Diana's Brother Wants a Probe
Nov 7, 2020 2:00 PM CST
It's a Legendary Interview. Diana's Brother Wants a Probe
Charles Spencer alleges Martin Bashir interview only happened because of fake documents
- "Well, there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded." As far as celebrity interviews go, it's hard to land a bigger line. That was what Princess Diana said to Martin Bashir of her estranged husband and Camilla Parker-Bowles in a legendary...
at Johnson, but
Not in BBC Clip
Nov 25, 2019 4:00 PM CST
Crowd Laughed at Johnson, but Not in BBC Clip
Network calls it a mistake after editing audience's reaction to question asked of the candidate
- Boris Johnson could well have fretted that a bit of mocking during a debate of British party leaders would made him look bad. Not to worry. When the BBC showed the clip on its newscast the next day, the audience's response to a question asked of Johnson had been...
Prince Andrew on
I Don't Remember
Nov 16, 2019 6:30 AM CST
Prince Andrew on Epstein Accuser: I Don't Remember Meeting Her
In BBC interview, prince also says 2010 stay with Epstein was 'definitely the wrong thing to do'
- Prince Andrew's interview with the BBC airs Saturday night in the UK, and snippets are dribbling out. The 59-year-old royal sits down with BBC Newsnight's Emily Maitlis, who interrogates him about his links to the late Jeffrey Epstein, including on claims by accuser Virginia Giuffre that she was...
'No Holds Barred'
as Prince Andrew
Nov 15, 2019 7:53 AM CST
'No Holds Barred' as Prince Andrew Talks Epstein
BBC Newsnight interview airs Saturday
- Prince Andrew has for the first time answered questions on his ties to the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Queen Elizabeth II's second son sat down with the BBC on Thursday for a "no holds barred interview" that was the result of six months of negotiations with Buckingham...
BBC Host Fired for 'Unthinking
Gag' About Baby Archie
May 9, 2019 8:07 AM CDT
BBC Host Fired for 'Unthinking Gag' About Baby Archie
Danny Baker tweeted pic that showed new royal baby as a chimpanzee
- While the world gobbled up news about the new royal baby this week, a BBC broadcaster had another way of heralding the arrival of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor—and he's since been fired for it. The BBC reports that after the announcement of Archie's birth, Danny Baker, host of...
Attacks BBC Cameraman
Feb 12, 2019 4:52 AM CST
Trump Supporter Attacks BBC Cameraman
Crowd chanted 'Let him go' as man was taken away
- A BBC cameraman became part of the story while covering President Trump's rally in El Paso on Monday night. Ron Skeans says he received a "very hard shove" from a man in a MAGA hat who attacked the BBC and other news crews during the rally. Skeans says...
She Woke Up
From Bike Crash
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 21, 2018 3:00 PM CDT
She Woke Up From Bike Crash and Couldn't Speak English
British woman reverts to the German she grew up with
- Britain's Hannah Jenkins got knocked unconscious when she collided with another bicyclist, and when she woke up in the hospital, she couldn't figure out why the doctors and nurses weren't speaking English. Except, as the BBC explains, they were. Jenkins, however, couldn't understand a thing: The...
Barbie Doll Is
Oct 9, 2018 8:05 AM CDT
Barbie Doll Is Groundbreaking —and Confusing
Doll based on Jodie Whittaker, the first woman to play the Doctor in sci-fi series
- Jodie Whittaker is the 13th person to play the Doctor in
, and the first woman, and that first has prompted yet another. Boing Boing reports on a limited-edition Barbie based on the iconic character, an offering coinciding with Sunday's premiere of the 11th season of the BBC...
a Huge New
Sep 20, 2018 10:55 AM CDT
Netflix Just Picked Up a Huge New Series
'Bodyguard' premieres on the streaming service Oct. 24
premiered on BBC One recently to the highest launch numbers for any new drama on any UK channel in a decade—and Netflix just picked it up. The "terror thriller," as Deadline describes it, is about a war veteran assigned to protect the home secretary in his...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
DeSantis: Wish I'd Been 'Much Louder' Against Trump's COVID Move
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Maxwell Agrees to Revealing Identities of Men in Lawsuit
'Chaos' at Friday Night Concert After Mass Shooting
Chris Evert: I Have Cancer My Late Sister Had
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.