Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
She Tried to Sell
JJ Watt Merch
to Raise Money.
Jul 21, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
She Tried to Sell JJ Watt Merch to Raise Money. Watt Responded
Arizona Cardinals player steps up to help woman fundraising for grandfather's funeral
- A sports fan who tried to hawk some of her JJ Watt merch to help pay for her grandfather's funeral ended up hearing from the Arizona Cardinals defensive end himself. Jennifer Simpson's Wednesday tweet noted that she hoped to sell a Watt-branded jersey from when he played for...
'This Will Not
Jul 20, 2022 2:36 PM CDT
Trump Attends Ivana's Funeral: 'This Will Not Be Easy!!!'
Former president took to Truth Social before joining his eldest kids in NYC
- Former President Donald Trump paid respects to his first wife, Ivana Trump, joining their three children Wednesday at a funeral Mass for the 1980s style icon and businesswoman who helped him build an empire that launched him to the presidency. "A very sad day, but at the same time...
Final Victim of Uvalde Shooting,
'Sweetest Little Boy, Is Buried
Jun 25, 2022 4:00 PM CDT
Final Victim of Uvalde Shooting, 'Sweetest Little Boy, Is Buried
Families, community have a long process ahead of them, experts say
- Funeral services were held Saturday for Uziyah Garcia, 10, the final victim of the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, to be buried. The funeral took place at Immanuel Baptist Church in San Angelo, where the boy lived until last year, the
Dallas Morning News
reports. Nineteen children and two teachers...
'Loss for Ukraine'
Jun 18, 2022 4:40 PM CDT
Hundreds Mourn 'Loss for Ukraine'
Roman Ratushnyi, 24, was an activist and soldier
- Poppies, the blood-red flowers that cover the battlefields of Europe's two world wars, were lain in mourning Saturday on the coffin of yet another dead soldier, this one killed in yet another European war, in Ukraine. The hundreds of mourners for Roman Ratushnyi, 24, included friends who had protested...
Gunfire Rang Out During the
Burial Service. 2 Were Hit
Jun 3, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Gunfire Rang Out During the Burial Service. 2 Were Hit
A juvenile was among the injured after shooting at funeral in Racine, Wis.
After murky initial reports, police now confirm to the
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
that two people at a cemetery in Racine, Wisconsin, were hit when gunfire rang out during a burial service on Thursday. Sgt. Kristi Wilcox tells TMJ4 that one of the injured individuals was flown to a Milwaukee...
Israel Begins Investigation
of Police Actions at Funeral
May 14, 2022 12:40 PM CDT
Israel Begins Investigation of Police Actions at Funeral
Officers beat mourners during procession for Al Jazeera journalist
: Israeli police announced Saturday they're investigating the actions of officers during a journalist's funeral that became violent. International criticism of the officers, who attacked pallbearers trying to reach a church in Jerusalem, has been widespread since the confrontation Friday, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. President Biden is...
Many Families Aren't Applying
for COVID Funeral Funds
Feb 16, 2022 3:58 PM CST
Many Families Aren't Applying for COVID Funeral Funds
Some are struggling with FEMA's strict documentation requirements
- In March last year, the Federal Emergency Management Agency launched a program to reimburse families for funerals for loved ones who died from COVID-19. With daily deaths currently at an average of well over 2,000, it is still a benefit needed by far too many families, but it is...
Feb 5, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Susan Sarandon Apologizes for 'Insensitive' Post
Actress had shared a meme comparing police officers attending an NYPD funeral to 'fascism'
Susan Sarandon is now apologizing for sharing a social media post that compared police officers attending the funeral of a fallen NYPD colleague to "fascism."
reports that on Friday, the 75-year-old actress posted a statement on her Instagram story and on Twitter , where she offered a...
Palace Questioned Lyrics
for Elton John's Diana Tribute
Dec 30, 2021 1:54 PM CST
Palace Questioned Lyrics for Elton John's Diana Tribute
Queen's team feared words about 'England's rose' were too sentimental
- The reworked lyrics for "Candle in the Wind," which Elton John sang at Princess Diana's funeral, were not an immediate hit with Buckingham Palace, according to just-released government documents. In fact, CNN reports, there was a Plan B: A saxophonist was ready to play the melody instead....
They Found a
in Mom's Clothes
Sep 24, 2021 10:29 AM CDT
At Viewing, They Found a Stranger's Body in Mom's Clothes
'We just couldn't understand how this could happen'
- Two daughters of a North Carolina woman who died last month say they walked up to her casket and found another woman's body dressed in their mother's clothes. While such mix-ups happen surprisingly often, per
, Jennifer Taylor and Jennetta Archer say the Sept. 7 viewing at Hunter'...
Tried to 'Run
People Over' at
May 7, 2021 8:15 AM CDT
Cops: Woman Tried to 'Run People Over' at Ex's Funeral
Blair Whitten is accused of speeding through cemetery, driving over gravesites
- There are likely numerous contenders for the "Worst Ex-Girlfriend Ever" title, but a Minnesota woman may have just secured herself a place in the finals. Per court documents cited by the
Twin Cities Pioneer Press
, North Dakota police officers were alerted over the weekend by attendees of a graveside...
Harry, William Follow Coffin,
Though Not Side by Side
Apr 17, 2021 10:49 AM CDT
Harry, William Follow Coffin, Though Not Side by Side
Prince Philip is laid to rest
- Prince Philip was laid to rest Saturday in a funeral that honored his lifetime of service to the UK, the crown, and his wife of 73 years, Queen Elizabeth II, per the AP . The widowed British monarch, setting an example amid the coronavirus pandemic, sat alone at the ceremony,...
FEMA Hotline on Funeral
Costs Is Swamped on Day One
Apr 15, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
FEMA Hotline on Funeral Costs Is Swamped on Day One
More than 1 million people called to take advantage of government assistance for COVID-linked deaths
- More than 564,000 Americans have died of COVID , and the Federal Emergency Management Agency has been trying to help with funeral expenses. On Monday, FEMA opened up a hotline that allowed those who've lost loved ones to the coronavirus to apply for reimbursement of up to $9,000...
Queen Steers Back to Royal
Duties During Mourning Period
Apr 14, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Queen Steers Back to Royal Duties During Mourning Period
Elizabeth gets back to work before funeral for her late husband on Saturday
- As the British royal family prepares for the funeral of Prince Philip on Saturday, the queen is getting back to work. According to the Court Circular , which details the royals' daily events and engagements, Queen Elizabeth hosted a retirement ceremony for Lord Chamberlain Earl Peel, her household's top official,...
Harry, but Not
Apr 10, 2021 3:05 PM CDT
Harry, but Not Meghan, Will Attend Funeral
Service for Prince Philip at Windsor Castle will be limited to 30 guests
- Prince Harry will travel to the UK for his grandfather's funeral, Buckingham Palace announced Saturday. His wife, Meghan Markle, who's pregnant with their second child, won't be with him,
reports. "The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel," a...
She Laid Her Husband to Rest.
3 Days Later, a Racist Letter
Mar 25, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
She Laid Her Husband to Rest. 3 Days Later, a Racist Letter
'How cruel could you be?' Claudia Choi asks after anti-Asian note is sent to her grieving mother
- When Byong Choi died of tuberculosis at age 83 last month, the Korean American's family had to put off his funeral in Orange County, Calif., until March 19 because of COVID restrictions, reports the
. Three days after they finally laid him to rest, a "disturbing and...
FEMA to Reimburse Families
for COVID Funeral Expenses
Mar 25, 2021 12:01 AM CDT
FEMA to Reimburse Families for COVID Funeral Expenses
'Our mission is to help people before, during, and after disasters'
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency is offering help to the families of the more than 540,000 Americans who have died of COVID-19. FEMA says it will reimburse families of those who have died from the virus since Jan. 20, 2020 for funeral expenses of up to $9,000 per...
Attending Teen's Funeral:
Police Chief Whose
Officers Killed Her
Mar 11, 2021 8:03 AM CST
Attending Teen's Funeral: Police Chief Whose Officers Killed Her
'It's all about forgiveness'
- An Oklahoma police chief drove seven hours to attend the Wednesday funeral for a 17-year-old runaway killed by his officers. Muskogee Police Chief Johnny Teehee says he was surprised but "humbled and honored" to be asked to attend the memorial of Farrah Rauch in Blair, Nebraska, where he spoke...
Trump Funeral Guest Hit
Restaurant Worker: Report
Aug 22, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Trump Funeral Guest Hit Restaurant Worker: Report
Seems it all went down at a Fig & Olive restaurant
- Looks like someone in Robert Trump's funeral party got upset Friday night and punched a restaurant worker in the nose, Fox 5 DC reports. NBC News correspondent Geoff Bennett tweeted that he confirmed the assault at a Fig & Olive restaurant in DC: The unnamed mourner "blindsided one...
Body of Civil Rights Icon
Crosses Historic Bridge
Jul 26, 2020 11:19 AM CDT
Body of Civil Rights Icon Crosses Historic Bridge
A procession accompanies the body of Rep. John Lewis across the Edmund Pettus Bridge
- The late US Rep. John Lewis crossed the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, for the final time Sunday as remembrances continue for the civil rights icon, the AP reports. A crowd began gathering near the bridge that became a landmark in the fight for racial justice when Lewis and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Defeated Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
FBI Report Details Angelina Jolie's 2016 Plane Ride With Brad Pitt
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Court in India Sets Free Men Who Raped Woman
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.