Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Book: Prince Charles
Wondered About Archie's Skin
Nov 29, 2021 3:09 AM CST
Book: Prince Charles Wondered About Archie's Skin
A rep for the prince denies the allegation
- When Meghan Markle told Oprah Winfrey there was some concern among the royal family about how dark the skin of her and Prince Harry's son Archie might be, she didn't say who exactly was concerned. According to a new book, it might have been Harry's own father,...
Prince Charles Warns of
a 'Dangerously Narrow Window'
Oct 23, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Prince Charles Warns of a 'Dangerously Narrow Window'
It's taken 'far too long' to prioritize climate change, prince said Saturday, ahead of COP26 summit
- Prince Charles issued a warning to the world days before leaders gather in the UK for crucial United Nations climate talks, saying there's a "dangerously narrow" window to tackle global warning. The heir to the British throne said Saturday that the summit, which starts Oct. 31 in Glasgow,...
Harry? Not on
Sep 15, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
Pettiness From Royals Toward Harry? Not on His Birthday
Upbeat greetings poured in from the queen, William and Kate, Charles and Camilla for prince's 37th
- Earlier this summer, things still seemed tense between Prince Harry and his family back home across the pond. But the UK royals have apparently put any lingering hostilities on the back burner, at least for the day: Harry's 37th birthday on Wednesday. First came a tweeted birthday greeting from...
Piece of One of Diana's
23 Wedding Cakes Is for Sale
Aug 3, 2021 9:08 AM CDT
Piece of One of Diana's 23 Wedding Cakes Is for Sale
Large chunk of icing on marzipan base from 1981 nuptials could go for more than $400 at auction
- If the idea of saving a piece of your wedding cake to devour on your first anniversary grosses you out, you might want to skip the auction for this 40-year-old slice. However, if you're a Princess Diana fan, it may prove to be a sweet offer you can't...
Harry Said He
and Meghan Were
Cut Off. Now, a
Jun 24, 2021 8:46 AM CDT
Harry Said He and Meghan Were Cut Off. Now, a Royals Account
Clarence House spokesperson says Prince Charles funded Sussexes into summer of 2020
- When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey aired in March, one of the claims the Duke of Sussex made was that they'd been cut off financially by the royal family in the first quarter of 2020 and were forced to use an inheritance from Harry'...
Philip's Death Adds Pressure
for Charles to Make Changes
Apr 26, 2021 4:07 PM CDT
Philip's Death Adds Pressure for Charles to Make Changes
Britain's royal family faces difficult choice of which of its efforts to drop
- Prince Charles already was working on plans for changing Britain's royal family when his father died. Now with Prince Philip gone, Queen Elizabeth II having turned 95, and the pandemic still limiting the monarch's activities, the pressure to make those decisions has intensified. Prince Harry has withdrawn, and...
One Effect of
Still Lingers for
in case you missed it
Jun 20, 2020 11:00 AM CDT
One Effect of Coronavirus Still Lingers for Prince Charles
He says he still hasn't got his senses of smell and taste back
- Prince Charles was infected with the coronavirus in March , and one effect apparently still lingers. During the British royal's first face-to-face public engagement since the UK's lockdown began, Charles on Tuesday discussed his experience with COVID-19, which he has previously described as mild. "He did speak of...
Celebrate 15 Years
by Releasing Photo
Apr 9, 2020 2:00 AM CDT
Charles, Camilla Celebrate 15 Years by Releasing Photo
As William, Kate participate in royal engagement via video chat
- Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary Thursday, and to mark the occasion, they've released a new photo of them and their dogs. At
Town and Country
, Chloe Foussianes notes that while the picture is "sweet," it also raises many questions. Why...
Turn of Events
for Prince Charles
Mar 30, 2020 1:24 PM CDT
A Welcome Turn of Events for Prince Charles
He's been cleared to end his coronavirus self-isolation
- Encouraging news for lovers of the British royal family: Prince Charles is no longer in self-isolation. The 71-year-old spent 7 days in that state in Scotland after testing positive for the virus . His symptoms reportedly remained mild, and the BBC reports his doctor has cleared him to end his self-isolation...
Heir to the British Throne
Has the Coronavirus
Mar 25, 2020 6:45 AM CDT
Heir to the British Throne Has the Coronavirus
Prince Charles tests positive
- Prince Charles has the coronavirus and is self-isolating in Scotland, reports the BBC . The 71-year-old's symptoms are said to be mild at this point. He "otherwise remains in good health," says a rep. Camilla has tested negative but is isolating with him in Balmoral. The AP quotes...
Prince Charles Entangled
in $136M Art Fraud Case
Nov 4, 2019 5:35 AM CST
Prince Charles Entangled in $136M Art Fraud Case
Forgeries were allegedly loaned to his charity
- Prince Charles and his charity have been caught up in a royally big scandal over an alleged art hoax involving paintings supposedly worth $136 million. The Claude Monet, Salvador Dali, and Pablo Picasso paintings were loaned to Dumfries House, the headquarters of the Prince's Foundation, by businessman James Stunt,...
Charles Had 90 Minutes to
Change Trump's Mind, Didn't
Jun 5, 2019 10:35 AM CDT
Charles Had 90 Minutes to Change Trump's Mind, Didn't
President, Piers Morgan talk climate change in wide-ranging interview
- President Trump's sit-down with Prince Charles was supposed to last 15 minutes. It went for 90, but that wasn't enough to get Trump on board with Charles' climate stance. In a
Good Morning Britain
interview that aired Wednesday, the president answered a slew of questions from Piers Morgan....
Here Are Some Images
of Trump in London
Jun 3, 2019 10:50 AM CDT
Here Are Some Images of Trump in London
He got a smile from the queen
- Mixing pageantry and political pugilism, President Trump opened a state visit to Britain on Monday by drawing a smile from Queen Elizabeth II and stepping up a long-running feud with London's anti-Trump mayor before his plane had touched down on English soil. Trump and his wife, Melania, flew by...
What Rift? Royals
All Smiles on Christmas
Dec 25, 2018 8:46 AM CST
What Rift? Royals All Smiles on Christmas
The family has walked their Christmas walk, no signs of discord among younger royals
- The British dog-and-pony show known as "watching the royals walk to church on Christmas" is over, and watchers could detect no hint of a reported rift between Prince William and Prince Harry and their wives , reports
Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle "chatted happily," the mag reports,...
Charles at 70:
Think of 'Our Grandchildren'
Nov 14, 2018 8:16 AM CST
Charles at 70: Think of 'Our Grandchildren'
Environmentalist still plans to party
- Britain's Prince Charles is turning 70 with a family birthday party, and a firm commitment to his environmentalist views. Charles is due to have tea on Wednesday with a group of people who are also turning 70 this year, before a Buckingham Palace party thrown by his mother, Queen...
Charles on Why
He'll Keep Mouth
Shut as King: 'I'm
Not That Stupid'
Nov 8, 2018 12:17 PM CST
Charles on Why He'll Keep Mouth Shut as King: 'I'm Not That Stupid'
Prince who's vocal on topics like environment says he won't be once he's crowned
- When he's not having servants iron his shoelaces , Prince Charles has been accused of "meddling" into hot topics such as the environment by strongly voicing his opinions—not a typical stance for royals to take in public debates. And he's defiant about it, telling a BBC documentary...
Meghan and Harry's First
Dance: Her 'Happy Song'
May 21, 2018 6:43 AM CDT
Meghan and Harry's First Dance: Her 'Happy Song'
They've delayed their honeymoon for royal duties
- Britain is winding down from the royal event of the year , but the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Sussex won't be slipping away for a honeymoon just yet: They plan to commence royal duties at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday with an appearance at a garden party in honor...
No One Will Formally
Give Meghan Markle Away
May 18, 2018 6:00 AM CDT
No One Will Formally Give Meghan Markle Away
But Prince Charles will walk her down the aisle
- Prince Charles will stand in—partially—for Meghan Markle's dad on Saturday. Kensington Palace said in a statement released Friday that Markle "has asked His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle of the Quire of St George's Chapel on her Wedding...
Apr 21, 2018 4:30 PM CDT
Prince Charles Stuns Writer With 'Racist' Remark
British writer Anita Sethi is outraged
- Prince Charles has roused a
reporter's ire by allegedly making a racist remark about her,
reports. Anita Sethi met Charles this week at the Commonwealth People's Forum, and when she told him she's from Manchester, he apparently said, "Well, you don't look like...
Gets Her Wish
Apr 20, 2018 8:56 AM CDT
The Queen Reportedly Gets Her Wish
Prince Charles to be next Commonwealth head, per British media
- A day after Queen Elizabeth II's bold move on behalf of her son comes news that should cheer her: British media report that Prince Charles will succeed her as the next head of the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth leaders have reportedly agreed on his appointment as head of the 53-nation...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Crazy Homecoming Scandal May Result in Serious Jail Time
Fauci Says US Could Face 'Fifth Wave' as Omicron Spreads
61 People Have Been Stuck in a Pub Since Friday
After 3 Years, Mystery of Whale Postcards Is Solved
Food Prices May Spike Again, Thanks to a New Shortage
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.