Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Camilla Is Now Queen Consort.
Also: What's a Queen Consort?
Sep 9, 2022 1:35 PM CDT
Camilla Is Now Queen Consort. Also: What's a Queen Consort?
Wife of King Charles III isn't the only royal to see a title shift after death of Queen Elizabeth II
This piece has been updated to reflect William and Kate's new title:
If you think you're going to have a hard time remembering to call Charles "king" instead of "prince" from here on out (don't forget the "III"!), try to master that soon,...
King Charles III
Makes His First Statement
Sep 8, 2022 2:25 PM CDT
King Charles III Makes His First Statement
It's a tribute to the late queen
- The new king of England's first formal statement is, not surprisingly, about his mom. "The death of my beloved Mother , Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family," wrote King Charles III in a statement posted...
Jul 31, 2022 6:03 AM CDT
Prince Charles Charity Has Another Controversy
It took money from family of Osama bin Laden, and report says prince himself brokered deal
- Prince Charles is enduring another batch of negative headlines related to one of his charities, this time over a link to an infamous name. The UK
Times of London
revealed this weekend that the Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund accepted about $1.2 million in 2013 from the family...
Charles: Nothing Shady
in Accepting Bags of Cash
Jun 26, 2022 1:00 PM CDT
Charles: Nothing Shady in Accepting Bags of Cash
Qatari donor turned over $3M for prince's charity
- Prince Charles' office has denied there was any wrongdoing in the heir to the British throne accepting bags full of cash as charity donations from a Qatari politician. The
said the prince was given a total of $3.2 million by Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al...
For Charles and Camilla,
a TV Soap Cameo
May 22, 2022 9:22 AM CDT
For Charles and Camilla, a TV Soap Cameo
Royal couple will appear on the 'EastEnders'
- He's still not the king, but Prince Charles at least gets this: a cameo on the venerable UK television soap
. The BBC reports that Charles and Camilla will appear as themselves in an episode that airs June 2 in which the show pays homage to the queen's...
Queen Won't Open
Parliament This Time
May 9, 2022 6:50 PM CDT
Queen Won't Open Parliament This Time
Given Elizabeth's difficulties getting around, Charles will read speech for her
- Queen Elizabeth II will not attend the opening of Parliament on Tuesday for the first time in nearly 60 years, as she struggles with difficulties in getting around. Buckingham Palace said in a statement Monday that the decision was made in consultation with her doctors and that the 96-year-old had...
Camilla's Future Title
Feb 5, 2022 5:25 PM CST
Queen Announces Camilla's Future Title
King's wife will become queen consort, Elizabeth announces
- The British royal family, whose titles and honorifics have been the subject of debate recently—especially those of Prince Harry , Meghan Markle , and Prince Andrew —settled on a future one Saturday. In a message marking her 70th anniversary on the throne, Queen Elizabeth II announced it's her wish...
Prince William, Duchess Kate
Release Casual Christmas Card
Dec 11, 2021 10:30 AM CST
Prince William, Duchess Kate Release Casual Christmas Card
The photo is from a family vacation
- It’s the most relatable thing in the world: A busy couple with three young kids sends out a card with a photo from a vacation you didn’t even know they went on, and puts the photo on Instagram , too, just in case. Prince William and Kate Middleton released...
Book: Prince Charles
Wondered About Archie's Skin
Nov 29, 2021 3:09 AM CST
Book: Prince Charles Wondered About Archie's Skin
A rep for the prince denies the allegation
- When Meghan Markle told Oprah Winfrey there was some concern among the royal family about how dark the skin of her and Prince Harry's son Archie might be, she didn't say who exactly was concerned. According to a new book, it might have been Harry's own father,...
Prince Charles Warns of
a 'Dangerously Narrow Window'
Oct 23, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Prince Charles Warns of a 'Dangerously Narrow Window'
It's taken 'far too long' to prioritize climate change, prince said Saturday, ahead of COP26 summit
- Prince Charles issued a warning to the world days before leaders gather in the UK for crucial United Nations climate talks, saying there's a "dangerously narrow" window to tackle global warning. The heir to the British throne said Saturday that the summit, which starts Oct. 31 in Glasgow,...
Harry? Not on
Sep 15, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
Pettiness From Royals Toward Harry? Not on His Birthday
Upbeat greetings poured in from the queen, William and Kate, Charles and Camilla for prince's 37th
- Earlier this summer, things still seemed tense between Prince Harry and his family back home across the pond. But the UK royals have apparently put any lingering hostilities on the back burner, at least for the day: Harry's 37th birthday on Wednesday. First came a tweeted birthday greeting from...
Piece of One of Diana's
23 Wedding Cakes Is for Sale
Aug 3, 2021 9:08 AM CDT
Piece of One of Diana's 23 Wedding Cakes Is for Sale
Large chunk of icing on marzipan base from 1981 nuptials could go for more than $400 at auction
- If the idea of saving a piece of your wedding cake to devour on your first anniversary grosses you out, you might want to skip the auction for this 40-year-old slice. However, if you're a Princess Diana fan, it may prove to be a sweet offer you can't...
Harry Said He
and Meghan Were
Cut Off. Now, a
Jun 24, 2021 8:46 AM CDT
Harry Said He and Meghan Were Cut Off. Now, a Royals Account
Clarence House spokesperson says Prince Charles funded Sussexes into summer of 2020
- When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey aired in March, one of the claims the Duke of Sussex made was that they'd been cut off financially by the royal family in the first quarter of 2020 and were forced to use an inheritance from Harry'...
Philip's Death Adds Pressure
for Charles to Make Changes
Apr 26, 2021 4:07 PM CDT
Philip's Death Adds Pressure for Charles to Make Changes
Britain's royal family faces difficult choice of which of its efforts to drop
- Prince Charles already was working on plans for changing Britain's royal family when his father died. Now with Prince Philip gone, Queen Elizabeth II having turned 95, and the pandemic still limiting the monarch's activities, the pressure to make those decisions has intensified. Prince Harry has withdrawn, and...
One Effect of
Still Lingers for
in case you missed it
Jun 20, 2020 11:00 AM CDT
One Effect of Coronavirus Still Lingers for Prince Charles
He says he still hasn't got his senses of smell and taste back
- Prince Charles was infected with the coronavirus in March , and one effect apparently still lingers. During the British royal's first face-to-face public engagement since the UK's lockdown began, Charles on Tuesday discussed his experience with COVID-19, which he has previously described as mild. "He did speak of...
Celebrate 15 Years
by Releasing Photo
Apr 9, 2020 2:00 AM CDT
Charles, Camilla Celebrate 15 Years by Releasing Photo
As William, Kate participate in royal engagement via video chat
- Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary Thursday, and to mark the occasion, they've released a new photo of them and their dogs. At
Town and Country
, Chloe Foussianes notes that while the picture is "sweet," it also raises many questions. Why...
Turn of Events
for Prince Charles
Mar 30, 2020 1:24 PM CDT
A Welcome Turn of Events for Prince Charles
He's been cleared to end his coronavirus self-isolation
- Encouraging news for lovers of the British royal family: Prince Charles is no longer in self-isolation. The 71-year-old spent 7 days in that state in Scotland after testing positive for the virus . His symptoms reportedly remained mild, and the BBC reports his doctor has cleared him to end his self-isolation...
Heir to the British Throne
Has the Coronavirus
Mar 25, 2020 6:45 AM CDT
Heir to the British Throne Has the Coronavirus
Prince Charles tests positive
- Prince Charles has the coronavirus and is self-isolating in Scotland, reports the BBC . The 71-year-old's symptoms are said to be mild at this point. He "otherwise remains in good health," says a rep. Camilla has tested negative but is isolating with him in Balmoral. The AP quotes...
Prince Charles Entangled
in $136M Art Fraud Case
Nov 4, 2019 5:35 AM CST
Prince Charles Entangled in $136M Art Fraud Case
Forgeries were allegedly loaned to his charity
- Prince Charles and his charity have been caught up in a royally big scandal over an alleged art hoax involving paintings supposedly worth $136 million. The Claude Monet, Salvador Dali, and Pablo Picasso paintings were loaned to Dumfries House, the headquarters of the Prince's Foundation, by businessman James Stunt,...
Charles Had 90 Minutes to
Change Trump's Mind, Didn't
Jun 5, 2019 10:35 AM CDT
Charles Had 90 Minutes to Change Trump's Mind, Didn't
President, Piers Morgan talk climate change in wide-ranging interview
- President Trump's sit-down with Prince Charles was supposed to last 15 minutes. It went for 90, but that wasn't enough to get Trump on board with Charles' climate stance. In a
Good Morning Britain
interview that aired Wednesday, the president answered a slew of questions from Piers Morgan....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secret Recording of Pope Is Played in Court
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
He Mountain Biked an Iconic 27-Mile Trail—Uphill
Ukrainians Flee Recaptured City
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.