Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'Felt Like I'd Been Slapped'
Oct 19, 2021 11:49 AM CDT
Exchange: 'Felt Like I'd Been Slapped'
Former co-host writes about on-air barb from Joy Behar that rattled her
- In an excerpt of her memoir
, Meghan McCain writes that a nasty back-and-forth on the air with co-host Joy Behar was the beginning of the end for her on
. It took place in January, just after McCain returned to the show after giving birth to her...
'There Is No
Aug 3, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
'There Is No Good Trump,' McCain Says About Mary
Co-host sits out interview but answers it on Twitter
- Meghan McCain appeared on "The View" as usual Monday, but she wasn't on set when Mary Trump was interviewed. The former president's niece took a shot at her anyway, Deadline reports. "It's a shame that your colleague didn't have the courage to come on...
Jul 1, 2021 2:45 PM CDT
Lone Conservative on
Meghan McCain says this is her last season on the ABC show
is losing its conservative voice. Meghan McCain told viewers of the ABC morning show on Thursday that she's leaving when the current season wraps up at the end of July. "I am just going to rip the Band-Aid off," McCain said as the show began,...
Timberlake, Other Celebs
React to Spears' Testimony
Jun 24, 2021 8:00 AM CDT
Timberlake, Other Celebs React to Spears' Testimony
'No one should EVER be held against their will'
- Britney Spears should be feeling the love after Wednesday's court hearing in Los Angeles, where she pleaded for her 13-year conservatorship to end . The 39-year-old singer said she felt "enslaved" by her father, who "loved the control he had over me," per
. Jamie Spears...
Biden 'Doing Grave
Jun 22, 2021 6:43 AM CDT
Meghan McCain: Biden 'Doing Grave Spiritual Harm'
She's referring to his abortion stance as a Catholic
- As Catholic bishops in the US consider denying President Biden communion due to his support of abortion rights, Meghan McCain has made her feelings known. Abortion is murder, the
co-host said on the show Monday, per the Hill , and for Catholics, it's a cardinal sin. As such, she...
Meghan McCain: Fauci
Doesn't Understand Science
Feb 22, 2021 5:20 PM CST
Meghan McCain: Fauci Doesn't Understand Science
Frustrated about 'inconsistent messaging,' co-host wants expert replaced
- Meghan McCain is "over Dr. Fauci." The co-host of
criticized the vaccine rollout on Monday's show and the coronavirus guidance given by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious diseases, the Hill reports. McCain said he's guilty of "terribly inconsistent...
Sep 29, 2020 9:20 AM CDT
Meghan McCain's Patriotic Baby Is Here
'View' co-host welcomes daughter Liberty Sage with husband Ben Domenech
- Meghan McCain is now a mom. The 35-year-old co-host of
gave birth to her first child, a daughter, on Monday, and
notes the new addition has a most patriotic name. "We are excited to share the happy news that our @MeghanMcCain and her husband Ben Domenech...
Has Happy News
Mar 23, 2020 3:33 AM CDT
Meghan McCain Has Happy News
She's pregnant, and self-isolating as a precaution
- Meghan McCain is pregnant with her first child, the
co-host announced on Instagram on Sunday. She and husband Ben Domenech, whom she married in 2017, didn't expect to announce their pregnancy this way, she writes, but with the coronavirus pandemic, she says her doctor has recommended she be...
Tension Around McCain
Jan 16, 2020 5:30 PM CST
Tension Around McCain Wears Out
The illusion of a civil chat is shattered, Shamira Ibrahim writes
- Over the years, the 22 permanent co-hosts of
have had many arguments in anger while the show generally stuck to its mandate as a civil exchange of ideas. But the constant tension around Meghan McCain's presence has made the program hard to watch, Shamira Ibrahim writes in...
McCain Responds to Whoopi
Shushing Her on the
Dec 17, 2019 12:04 PM CST
McCain Responds to Whoopi Shushing Her on the
Co-hosts got into an argument on Monday's show
- Meghan McCain responded Tuesday to the latest fight she and Whoopi Goldberg got into on
. The co-hosts were discussing the impeachment process on Monday's show, and McCain was trying to explain that, politically, it could be a bad move for the Democrats. After one exchange, Goldberg told...
'I Know It's
to Live Alone
Nov 19, 2019 11:00 AM CST
'I Know It's Terrible': Why Whoopi Wants to Live Alone
The co-host of the 'The View' admits cohabitation isn't for her
- Whoopi Goldberg will have you over, but stay for good? No way. "When you make a commitment to live with someone else, it's a commitment to ask their opinion and listen and work it out with them. I don't want to do that," the 64-year-old said...
Meghan McCain Writes of
Endless Love for Child She Lost
Jul 20, 2019 5:30 AM CDT
Meghan McCain Writes of Endless Love for Child She Lost
'View' co-host reveals she suffered a miscarriage a few weeks ago
- For a few weeks, Meghan McCain kept quiet on a "horrendous experience" she had suffered. No more. In a piece for the
New York Times
co-host goes public with the news that after learning "many months ago" that she was pregnant, she recently suffered a miscarriage,...
May 28, 2019 6:06 AM CDT
'Be Respectful,' Meghan McCain Scolds Klobuchar
'The View' host wants late father left 'out of presidential politics'
- Meghan McCain was not a fan of Amy Klobuchar's anecdote about John McCain reciting names of dictators during President Trump's inauguration speech. "On behalf of the entire McCain family - @amyklobuchar please be respectful to all of us and leave my fathers legacy and memory out of...
Alyssa Milano Defends
Her Controversial Idea
May 14, 2019 9:34 AM CDT
Alyssa Milano Defends Her Controversial Idea
Actress taking flak for her 'sex strike' proposal in response to Georgia abortion law
- Georgia's new "heartbeat bill," as well as other laws around the country targeting abortion rights, has created a whole new maelstrom swirling around a very vocal TV star. Last week,
actress Alyssa Milano went online to propose women go on a "sex strike" to protest...
Meghan McCain's Husband
'Rage Tweets' at Seth Meyers
May 9, 2019 6:41 AM CDT
Meghan McCain's Husband 'Rage Tweets' at Seth Meyers
Ben Domenech has since apologized
- Meghan McCain had a slightly testy exchange about Rep. Ilhan Omar with Seth Meyers on
Tuesday—and her husband took extreme umbrage. In a now-deleted series of tweets, conservative commentator Ben Domenech called Meyers an "untalented piece of s--- who only has his job because he regularly...
McCain's 'You Were at My
Wedding Denise...' Goes Viral
Mar 27, 2019 2:53 PM CDT
McCain's 'You Were at My Wedding Denise...' Goes Viral
'The View' co-host creates Twitter meme with clapback
- Meghan McCain wasn't taking any guff from conservative commentator Denise C. McAllister, and ended up creating a meme with her comeback. McAllister on Monday tweeted a criticism of
which McCain co-hosts, asking readers to explain to her the purpose of the show and noting that it seems...
Cindy McCain Shares the Hate
That Followed Trump's Criticism
Mar 20, 2019 12:34 PM CDT
Cindy McCain Shares the Hate That Followed Trump's Criticism
Senator's widow shares private message she received from a stranger
- "I'm glad he's dead," a stranger told John McCain's widow in a private social media message. Cindy McCain received the message after President Trump renewed his criticism of the longtime senator and POW, tweeting a series of attacks on McCain over the weekend, Today reports....
Year's Most Notable Quote
Comes From Rudy Giuliani
in case you missed it
Dec 15, 2018 12:00 PM CST
Year's Most Notable Quote Comes From Rudy Giuliani
Yale ranks his 'the truth isn't the truth' line as No. 1 for 2018
- Yale Law School is out with its annual list of the year's 10 most notable quotes, and it is not President Trump but one of his attorneys, Rudy Giuliani, that has the No. 1 spot. "The truth isn't the truth." Giuliani uttered it to NBC's...
Senator Praises Meghan
McCain Following Funeral
SUNDAY TALK SHOWS
Sep 2, 2018 3:15 PM CDT
Senator Praises Meghan McCain Following Funeral
The South Carolina Republican praised his friend's child
- On CNN's
State of the Union
, Sen. Lindsey Graham praised Meghan McCain as "her father's daughter" following her headline-grabbing eulogy to her dad that many said appeared to bash President Trump. Former Secretary of State John Kerry appeared on
Face The Nation
and bashed the country's...
Trump Has a Response
for Meghan McCain's Swipe
Sep 2, 2018 5:47 AM CDT
Trump Has a Response for Meghan McCain's Swipe
'MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN,' he tweets from golf course
- John McCain appears to have handed his feud with President Trump down to the next generation, reports
USA Today ,
and the latter took to Twitter to apparently respond to Meghan McCain's swipe at his campaign slogan while eulogizing her father on Saturday. "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN," he...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Researchers May Have Found Anne Frank's Betrayer
'Inexcusable' Assignment at Middle School Spurs Outrage
Friction Is Heating Up Between Trump, DeSantis
Skier May Face Manslaughter Charges After Deadly Collision
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.