Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Fan Fatally Falls From Stadium
Escalator After Steelers Game
Oct 3, 2022 3:31 AM CDT
Fan Fatally Falls From Stadium Escalator After Steelers Game
Unidentified man died at hospital
- A spectator at Sunday's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Jets died following a fall on an escalator at Acrisure Stadium, the AP reports. The Pittsburgh Department of Public Safety said police and emergency service personnel were alerted after a male spectator fell around 4:45pm, shortly...
Steelers QB Haskins
Was Drunk When
He Was Fatally
May 24, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Steelers QB Haskins Was Drunk When He Was Fatally Struck: Report
Toxicology report is out
- According to a toxicology report, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was drunk when he was fatally struck on a Florida highway after running out of gas . The 24-year-old was hit and killed by a dump truck in the wee hours of April 9, and an investigation report says that the...
Ran Out of Gas
Apr 21, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
Steelers Quarterback Ran Out of Gas Before Being Fatally Struck
According to a newly released 911 call from Dwayne Haskins' wife
- Dwayne Haskins was walking along a highway to get gas before he was fatally hit by a dump truck last week, according to a newly released 911 call. Haskins' wife, Kalabrya Haskins, called the emergency line after she could no longer reach her husband by phone, CNN reports. "My...
Dies After Being
Hit by Truck
Apr 9, 2022 12:30 PM CDT
Steelers Quarterback Dies After Being Hit by Truck
Dwayne Haskins, 24, starred at Ohio State
- Dwayne Haskins, a Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback who starred at Ohio State—throwing 50 touchdown passes in a single season and finishing third in the Heisman Trophy voting—died Saturday after being struck by a truck. He was 24. Haskins was in South Florida to train with other Steelers skill position...
Retires After 18 Seasons
Jan 27, 2022 10:04 AM CST
Steelers' Roethlisberger Retires After 18 Seasons
'Big Ben' leaving the game at 39
- Big Ben is out. Longtime Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Thursday that he's retiring after 18 seasons, reports CNN . "The time has come to clean out my locker, hang up my cleats, and continue to be all I can be to my wife and children," the...
Sideline Another Star QB
Nov 14, 2021 5:45 AM CST
COVID Protocols Sideline Another Star QB
Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger cannot play Sunday
- Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID-19 list and will miss the Steelers' game Sunday against the Detroit Lions. The Steelers announced Saturday night that Roethlisberger was ruled out for the game, per the AP . Roethlisberger is the second prominent quarterback in two weeks to miss a...
Apr 30, 2021 5:15 PM CDT
First-Round Pick Celebrates at Homeless Shelter
Football star Najee Harris visits a place that helped him and his family when they needed it
- Now that he's on top, Najee Harris went back to a place that helped him when he was down. The first-round pick in the NFL draft took food on Thursday to a Bay Area homeless shelter where he and his family lived for several years when he was growing...
Takes $5M Hit
Mar 4, 2021 5:50 PM CST
Quarterback Takes $5M Hit
Ben Roethlisberger signs restructured deal to stay with the Steelers
- Ben Roethlisberger has signed up for another season with the Pittsburgh Steelers, after agreeing to take one for the team. The quarterback agreed to slice his salary from $19 million to $14 million, ESPN reports, which reduces the effect on the team's salary cap by more than $15 million,...
and Bad News
Nov 10, 2020 10:55 AM CST
For NFL's Roethlisberger, Good News and Bad News
Steeler QB achieves a milestone, but he also must isolate as a COVID risk
- The last few days have brought a milestone and a health precaution for the NFL's Ben Roethlisberger:
When Roethlisberger led his Pittsburgh Steelers to a comeback win over Dallas on Sunday, he lifted the team to an 8-0 record. That guarantees Roethlisberger won't have a losing season
Team Sends Dinner
Nov 5, 2020 5:55 PM CST
Team Sends Dinner to Vote-Counters
Steelers had a meal catered for workers who'd had a 22-hour shift
- The Pittsburgh Steelers, who know something about working up an appetite, had dinner brought in for 65 people counting ballots Wednesday night. The Allegheny County poll workers are in the thick of Pennsylvania's continuing effort to decide the state's presidential winner. They worked 22 hours straight in a...
NFL Star Facing Punishment
Over This Play
Nov 15, 2019 9:27 AM CST
NFL Star Facing Punishment Over This Play
Browns' Myles Garrett smashed opponent's head with helmet
- The Cleveland Browns finally achieved two consecutive wins with Thursday's 21-7 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers—but as Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield notes, "it feels like we lost." Indeed, "this season is unofficially officially over" for the 4-6 Browns, whose "best player … shouldn't...
Steelers QB Has a Scary Day
Oct 6, 2019 3:30 PM CDT
Steelers QB Has a Scary Day
Mason Rudolph eventually got up and walked off the field
- Life as the Pittsburgh Steelers backup quarterback got scary Sunday when Mason Rudolph crumpled from a knockout blow,
reports. The 24-year-old had scrambled on third down and thrown successfully for a conversion when Baltimore Ravens linebacker Matt Judon hit him from behind and safety Earl Thomas from the...
A Star QB Is Done
for the Season
Sep 16, 2019 11:17 AM CDT
A Star QB Is Done for the Season
Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger suffers an elbow injury
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-2. That's bad. This is much worse for the team's fans: Star QB Ben Roethlisberger is out for the season with an elbow injury, reports the
. Roethlisberger left Sunday's game against Seattle in the second quarter and did not return. The...
Fire Chief Steps Down After
Calling NFL Coach Racial Slur
Sep 27, 2017 2:49 PM CDT
Fire Chief Steps Down After Calling NFL Coach Racial Slur
Paul Smith was upset Steelers remained in tunnel during Sunday's national anthem
- A Pennsylvania fire chief has stepped down from his position after posting a racial slur about the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. "[Mike] Tomlin just added himself to the list of no good N-----s. Yes I said it," Paul Smith wrote on Facebook after the NFL team remained...
NFL Player Who Stood Alone
Says He Is 'Embarrassed'
Sep 26, 2017 6:33 AM CDT
NFL Player Who Stood Alone Says He Is 'Embarrassed'
It was a mix-up, says Steelers' Villanueva
- Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva stood alone during the national anthem while the rest of the team stayed in the tunnel before Sunday's game in Chicago—but he says it was an "embarrassing" mix-up, not a personal stand against NFL protests. Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who...
After 2 Blowouts,
the Super Bowl Is Set
Jan 22, 2017 8:47 PM CST
After 2 Blowouts, the Super Bowl Is Set
Patriots will play the Falcons on Feb. 5
- It's the Patriots vs. the Falcons in this year's Super Bowl. Tom Brady and New England easily beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, 36 to 17, while Atlanta routed the Green Bay Packers, 44-21. The championship game will be played Feb. 5 in Houston. In the New England game, the...
Fake Fire Alarm Wakes Up
Steelers in Boston Hotel
Jan 22, 2017 1:44 PM CST
Fake Fire Alarm Wakes Up Steelers in Boston Hotel
An East Boston man not affiliated with Patriots is charged
- If the Steelers are a wee bit groggy Sunday evening when they play the Patriots in the AFC championship game, a hotel prankster can be blamed. Police say a 25-year-old man from East Boston pulled the fire alarm at the Logan Airport Hilton, where the Steelers are staying, about 3:...
Jan 16, 2017 11:17 AM CST
Steelers Coach Foiled by Facebook Live
Mike Tomlin caught on live video bad-mouthing the Patriots
- Oh, the irony. After the Pittsburgh Steelers won Sunday night and earned the right to play the Patriots in the AFC championship, a member of the team can be heard pleading in the locker room, “Be cool on social media, man! This is about us, nobody else, man!”...
Steelers Coach Has Brilliant
Comeback to Bradshaw Slam
Dec 28, 2016 11:03 AM CST
Steelers Coach Has Brilliant Comeback to Bradshaw Slam
And subtle, too
- NFL analyst Terry Bradshaw raised eyebrows recently when he derided the current coach of his former team—that would be Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers—as not so much a coach as a "cheerleader guy," notes NBC Sports . Tomlin's response is great: He begins with self-deprecation,...
Steelers Win a Crazy One
Jan 9, 2016 11:32 PM CST
'Impossible' Meltdown: Steelers Win a Crazy One
Bengals self-destruct in epic fashion
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are heading to Denver. The Cincinnati Bengals are heading to another long offseason after a meltdown as ugly and ill-timed as it was complete. Chris Boswell kicked a 35-yard field goal with 14 seconds remaining as the Steelers somehow pulled out an 18-16 victory in a AFC...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.