Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Bob Saget Tribute
Jan 11, 2022 7:19 AM CST
Kimmel Cries Through Heartfelt Bob Saget Tribute
'He would write sometimes just to tell me he loved me'
- Jimmy Kimmel paid tribute to his friend Bob Saget on Monday night, though it was a struggle. As the Week reports, "he did not make it 20 seconds before choking back tears." The late night host, speaking before the audience had been allowed into the theater, summed up...
Star Was 'the
Kindest of Persons'
Sep 7, 2021 7:03 AM CDT
Star Was 'the Kindest of Persons'
Actors including Wendell Pierce, Edward Norton remember Michael K. Williams
- Celebrities, including many of Michael K. Williams' co-stars on
, are paying tribute to the Emmy-nominated actor, who was found dead in his Brooklyn home on Monday. "The depth of my love for this brother, can only be matched by the depth of my pain learning of his...
Oct 31, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
'RIP That Great Man, That Great Actor'
Hollywood pays tribute to screen legend Sean Connery
- No one could say "Bond, James Bond," quite like he did. But tributes to the life of Sean Connery—who died Saturday at age 90—reveal a deeper awe and affection for a man who touched many lives around him,
reports. Among their reactions:
This Would Have Been
Big Birthday for John Lennon
Oct 9, 2020 9:48 AM CDT
This Would Have Been Big Birthday for John Lennon
Paul McCartney posts tribute to his fellow Beatle's 80th
- It's hard enough to wrap our heads around the fact that John Lennon was killed nearly 40 years ago. Now another fact to make our jaws drop: He would've been 80 years old Friday. And as tributes circulate on the internet , one "heartfelt message" in particular is...
Is Back, With
a New Name
Oct 7, 2020 10:25 AM CDT
Retailer's RBG 'Dissent Collar' Is Back, With a New Name
Banana Republic has already sold out of 'Notorious Necklaces,' but it's working on getting more
- In 2012, Banana Republic bestowed a special gift upon Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at the Women of the Year Awards gala hosted by
: a crystal necklace that she could wear with her black robe as one of her signature "statement" collars. "This is my dissenting...
In View of WH, a Visual of
Our 'Tsunami of Grief'
Oct 5, 2020 8:17 AM CDT
In View of WH, a Visual of Our 'Tsunami of Grief'
20K empty black chairs each represented 10 dead Americans at DC tribute event held Sunday
- On Sept. 26, a ceremony in the White House's Rose Garden to announce Amy Coney Barrett as President Trump's Supreme Court nominee was attended by dozens who didn't wear masks or social distance . A week later, a small group of people who've lost loved ones to...
Lost a Giant'
Jul 18, 2020 9:00 AM CDT
Remembering John Lewis: 'We Have Lost a Giant'
Tributes pour in from Obama, MLK Jr.'s family, and more
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has ordered flags at the US Capitol to be flown at half-staff in honor of Rep. John Lewis, who died Friday at the age of 80 after a battle with pancreatic cancer. Tributes and statements are now pouring in for the civil rights legend and longtime...
Madonna Posts Son's George
Floyd Tribute, Gets Slammed
May 29, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Madonna Posts Son's George Floyd Tribute, Gets Slammed
Teen son David's dance honoring Floyd is deemed 'exploitive,' 'tone-deaf'
- Madonna likely meant well with a tribute to George Floyd that she posted on social media Thursday, but the video featuring one of her sons has received more backlash than applause. E! News reports on the three-minute clip , which shows David Banda—the 14-year-old adopted by Madonna in 2006 from...
They Can't Protest His Death
Together. Instead, They'll Run
May 7, 2020 9:10 AM CDT
They Can't Protest His Death Together. Instead, They'll Run
Virtual demonstration on Friday will honor birthday of Ahmaud Arbery, jogger shot dead in Georgia
- Runners around the country will lace up their shoes Friday in honor of Ahmaud Arbery, the 25-year-old black man gunned down while jogging in Georgia on Feb. 23. Arbery's high school football coach, Jason Vaughn, is asking supporters to run 2.23 miles—a representation of Arbery's date...
They Went for a
The Next Day,
Singer Fell Ill
Apr 27, 2020 11:10 AM CDT
They Went for a 'Gorgeous' Hike. The Next Day, Singer Fell Ill
Adam Schlesinger girlfriend Alexis Morley details Fountains of Wayne co-founder's final days
- It was shocking to the music world when Adam Schlesinger, one of the founders of Fountains of Wayne, died from COVID-19 earlier this month. But how suddenly the coronavirus felled the 52-year-old is underscored in an emotional Instagram post put up by his girlfriend, Alexis Morley,
You've Seen His Crosses After
Tragedies. It Has Taken Its Toll
Dec 27, 2019 9:54 AM CST
You've Seen His Crosses After Tragedies. It Has Taken Its Toll
Greg Zanis retires from 23-year-old project honoring victims of national tragedies, after 27K crosses
- An Illinois carpenter who's made tens of thousands of white crosses for victims of tragedies in the US—e.g., mass shootings , terror attacks, natural disasters—is finally turning in his hammer after more than two decades. Greg Zanis, who says he's built close to 27,000 crosses...
Tribute for Nurse
Who Gave Her All
Jun 12, 2019 8:52 AM CDT
'Extremely Emotional' Tribute for Nurse Who Gave Her All
More than 100 co-workers lined hospital hall to honor late Mary Desin before organ transplant
- If you happened to be at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Hamot hospital on Friday, you may have stumbled across what a nurse's son described as an "extremely emotional" scene in one of the hallways. That nurse, per ABC News , was Mary Desin, an employee of...
Kate Spade's Husband: 'You
Were the Zig to My Zag'
Jun 7, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
Kate Spade's Husband: 'You Were the Zig to My Zag'
Andy Spade pens emotional tribute to late designer to commemorate one-year death anniversary
- Wednesday was the one-year anniversary of the death of Kate Spade, who took her own life at the age of 55, and the designer's husband made sure the day didn't pass without a heartfelt tribute to his "Superwoman." In a Thursday Instagram post , Andy Spade noted...
To Honor Humboldt,
Canadians Grab Their Sticks
Apr 10, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
To Honor Humboldt, Canadians Grab Their Sticks
Thousands in Canada (and around the world) are using #PutYourSticksOut
- It started when a resident of Humboldt, Saskatchewan, left a hockey stick standing on the porch. "The boys might need it … wherever they are," the person wrote in a text to TSN hockey analyst Brian Munz, referring to the 15 people killed Friday when a bus carrying...
Feb 12, 2017 10:13 PM CST
George Michael Tribute Gets Adele Cursing
But she recovered for powerful performance; Prince also honored
- David Bowie wasn't the only major performer we lost last year, and the Grammys made sure to pay tribute to two others. First host James Corden spoke on the late George Michael, noting how the performer's music "had an honesty and openness that excluded no one"...
Son Stunned by
to His Dad
Feb 25, 2016 7:30 AM CST
David Bowie's Son Stunned by Lorde's Tribute to His Dad
'Just ... beautiful'
- David Bowie's son didn't exactly rave about Lady Gaga's tribute to his late dad at the Grammys earlier this month, but he had kinder words for Lorde, who performed Bowie's "Life on Mars?" at the Brit Awards in London Wednesday, the
Bowie in Cosmic
Feb 15, 2016 10:38 PM CST
Gaga Channels Bowie in Cosmic Tribute
She even came with a new Bowie tattoo
- Lady Gaga showed up on the Grammys red carpet all Ziggy Stardusted-up in her Marc Jacobs getup and platform heels , ostensibly to get her pumped for her much-talked-about tribute to David Bowie (she even got a giant tattoo of Bowie on her torso over the weekend, per the
NFL Player Honors Mom Lost to Breast Cancer in Big Way
Oct 15, 2015 2:24 PM CDT
NFL Player Honors Mom Lost to Breast Cancer in Big Way
Steelers' DeAngelo Williams wants to wear pink all year
- "My hair is pink, my heart is pink, and my toenails are pink." That's the confession Pittsburgh Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams offers in a video he posted to Twitter Sunday, and the reason he did so shows his heart is as large as it is colorful....
Turn Down Lights
for Lauren Bacall
Aug 14, 2014 12:18 PM CDT
Broadway Will Turn Down Lights for Lauren Bacall
And did so last night for Robin Williams
- Broadway will turn down the lights for a minute tomorrow night in homage to one of its own, Lauren Bacall. Saluting the actress's "distinct presence on stage and screen during a career that spanned decades," the Broadway League's executive director said that "along with her...
McGovern Was a
Oct 21, 2012 4:19 PM CDT
McGovern Was a 'Complicated Person'
President Obama, Mitt Romney among those honoring George McGovern
- Tributes are rolling in for George McGovern, the Democrat who served three Senate terms and lost a landslide election to President Richard Nixon in 1972. He died today at age 90.
"George actually was a very complicated person," said Newt Gingrich, reports Politico . "He said, 'One
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Teenager Thought He Bought a Percocet. It Killed Him
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Few in GOP Differ With Trump on Constitution
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.