Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
50 Feet Up
Guy Puts Knife to Own Neck
Aug 31, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
50 Feet Up
Building, Guy Puts Knife to Own Neck
Darrow Erikksan, recently arrested for assault on a police officer, faces new charges
- A man described as emotionally disturbed climbed 50 feet up the 721-foot
New York Times
building Tuesday night before holding a knife to his neck. A group of onlookers gathered around 7:30pm to watch as Port Authority police officers and firefighters worked to get Darrow Erikksan safely off the...
Spears' Ex Hears Fate
Over Wedding Crash
Aug 13, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Spears' Ex Hears Fate Over Wedding Crash
Jason Alexander convicted of trespassing after showing up uninvited at star's June nuptials
- A man once briefly married to Britney Spears has been convicted of aggravated trespassing and battery at the pop star's June wedding. Jason Alexander, 40, pleaded no contest to the two misdemeanor counts in a California court, prosecutors in Ventura County announced Thursday. The Ventura County judge sentenced him...
He Says He
Aug 5, 2021 9:10 AM CDT
He Says He Was Nearly Lynched. Now He's Been Charged
Black activist Vauhxx Booker hit with assault, trespassing charges a year after Indiana incident
- Last summer, a Black Indiana activist says he was attacked by a group of white men and nearly lynched (he claims a noose was mentioned) as he walked with a friend to a park, and the video showing the incident went viral. Two men, Sean Purdy and Jerry Cox II,...
Protesters Converge on Home
of Man Accused of Racist Rant
Jul 6, 2021 8:19 AM CDT
Protesters Converge on Home of Man Accused of Racist Rant
Edward Mathews, arrested Monday, says he was drunk when he hurled racial slurs at neighbor
- A Friday confrontation between a white New Jersey man and his Black neighbor led to an arrest on Monday, police say—but not before dozens of people showed up at his home to protest. Per NBC Philadelphia , a video on social media shows the Friday incident, which took place in...
Disney World Tourist's
Defense: the Prices
Apr 4, 2021 12:30 PM CDT
Disney World Tourist's Defense: the Prices
Visitor objected to trespassing arrest after refusing temperature check
- Kelly Sills spent a lot of money on his Disney World vacation last month, but he wasn't interested in the complimentary temperature check. He was stopped after skipping a temperature screening tent, part of the park's coronavirus protocols, the
reports. Sills was asked to go back...
Man Found Living at O'Hare
for Months Cited COVID Fears
in case you missed it
Jan 23, 2021 11:58 AM CST
Man Found Living at O'Hare for Months Cited COVID Fears
Police say Aditya Singh stayed at the airport undetected from Oct. 19 through Saturday
- O'Hare International Airport employees called 911 on Saturday after asking a man for his ID and discovering the airport badge he presented had been reported missing months earlier. Then the story got much, much weirder. Authorities say that man, 36-year-old Aditya Singh, had been living in a secured area...
Man Uses Most Unusual Way to
Take Down Biden Signs: Cops
Oct 26, 2020 6:53 AM CDT
Man Uses Most Unusual Way to Take Down Biden Signs: Cops
James Blight accused of stealing bulldozer, taking signs in mostly Black Fla. neighborhood
- If you're a resident in Haines City, Fla., whose Joe Biden yard signs remain intact, consider yourself lucky that the bulldozer didn't end up at your place. That bulldozer, police say, was stolen from a local construction site by a young white man and used to terrorize a...
in 'Triple Trouble'
After Latest Stunt
Oct 1, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
'French Spiderman' in 'Triple Trouble' After Latest Stunt
Alain Robert climbed a 545-foot-high skyscraper in Frankfurt, Germany, wearing cowboy boots
- German police say urban climber Alain Robert faces a criminal investigation and fine after scaling one of Frankfurt's tallest buildings on Thursday. Robert, known as the "French Spiderman" for his daring stunts, clambered to the top of rail company Deutsche Bahn's 545-foot-high office building in Germany's...
Busted in Most
Aug 26, 2020 7:44 AM CDT
Ammon Bundy Busted in Most Unusual Way
Anti-mask activist arrested for trespassing at State Capitol; cops wheeled him out in chair he was in
- Anti-government activist Ammon Bundy has been pushing back on COVID-19 safety measures for months, and those efforts came to a head this week at the Idaho Capitol, leading to his arrest Tuesday. The
reports that as state lawmakers gathered Monday for a special legislative session on coronavirus-related issues,...
Ky. AG's Home
Jul 15, 2020 10:04 AM CDT
87 Arrested After Swarming Ky. AG's Home
Dozens converged upon residence co-owned by Daniel Cameron to call for justice for Breonna Taylor
- Nearly 90 people were arrested Tuesday evening outside a home co-owned by the Kentucky attorney general after holding what organizers deemed a "call to action seeking justice" for Breonna Taylor . WDRB reports that protesters with the social justice group Until Freedom converged at around 4:30pm upon the lawn...
Liberty University President
Wants Journalists Arrested
Apr 9, 2020 9:17 AM CDT
Liberty University President Wants Journalists Arrested
Photographer, reporter named in warrants following critical articles
- The president of Liberty University, who last month suggested the media was inflating the threat of the coronavirus in an effort to damage President Trump, now says warrants have been issued for two journalists who visited his partly re-opened school. Jerry Falwell Jr. said Wednesday that the warrants apply to...
Cops: Guy Attacked
Tried to Storm Cockpit
Jan 13, 2020 5:03 AM CST
Cops: Guy Attacked Flight Attendant, Tried to Storm Cockpit
'If he did actually get into that cockpit, Lord knows what would have happened'
- Passengers on a flight into New Jersey from DC had a scare as the United Express plane started to land in Newark on Thursday evening, reports NBC New York . Passenger Mike Egbert says that Matthew Dingley got up and went into a "full sprint" toward the cockpit, ramming into...
Second Chinese Woman
Stopped at Mar-a-Lago
Dec 19, 2019 4:20 PM CST
Second Chinese Woman Stopped at Mar-a-Lago
Jing Lu, 56, faces loitering charges
- For the second time this year, a Chinese woman has been arrested on the grounds of President Trump's Mar-a-Lago club in Florida. Security guards stopped Jing Lu on Wednesday and told her to leave, the AP reports. Police said that after she returned and began taking photos, they arrested...
Woman Who Climbed Into
Lion's Den: 'I Am the Lion Now'
Nov 8, 2019 7:10 AM CST
Woman Who Climbed Into Lion's Den: 'I Am the Lion Now'
Myah Autry is in custody on trespassing charges after stunt at Bronx Zoo went viral
- A woman who climbed into a lion's exhibit at New York City's Bronx Zoo in September has turned herself in to police. The
Asbury Park Press
reports that Myah Autry, said to be in her early 30s, has been charged with criminal trespassing after being taken into custody...
Cops: Drunk Pitcher Enters
Doggy Door, Gets Tased
Oct 11, 2019 10:28 AM CDT
Cops: Drunk Pitcher Enters Doggy Door, Gets Tased
Not Jacob Nix's finest day
- A San Diego Padres pitcher tried to crawl through a doggy door into the bedroom of an Arizona couple, who responded with a Taser when they couldn't grab their gun, police say. A woman called police around 3:30am Sunday, saying her husband had discovered a man crawling through...
Trial of Mar-a-Lago
Crasher Is Over
Sep 11, 2019 4:31 PM CDT
Trial of Mar-a-Lago Crasher Is Over
Yujing Zhang convicted of trespassing, lying to Secret Service
- Yujing Zhang's desire to meet President Trump and his family turned the Chinese businesswoman into an American felon. A 10-woman, two-man federal jury convicted Zhang on Wednesday of trespassing at the president's Mar-a-Lago club in March and lying to Secret Service agents. The 33-year-old Shanghai consultant faces up...
'Nightmare Date' Hounded
Man Beyond Belief: Cops
Jan 5, 2019 10:00 AM CST
'Nightmare Date' Hounded Man Beyond Belief: Cops
Police release body-cam footage of Jacqueline Ades
- Think 65,000 unwanted text messages constitute stalking? Try 159,000, with threats to boot—at least according to police documents. Jacqueline Ades has already been charged with stalking and criminal trespassing for allegedly hounding a man she dated once after meeting him on a dating website for millionaires called...
A Reach Down, a
Slap on a Hippo's
Butt, Now a
Aug 14, 2018 12:01 PM CDT
A Reach Down, a Slap on a Hippo's Butt, Now a Crime Probe
LAPD looking for man who smacked the backside of 4-year-old hippo at Los Angeles Zoo
- By now, everyone should know not to get too close to hippos in the wild or in captivity, but a California man didn't get the memo. Officials at the Los Angeles Zoo tell the
Los Angeles Times
they've recruited the LAPD to help look for a most unusual...
Podcast Star Pleads Guilty
Oct 17, 2017 11:05 AM CDT
Podcast Star Pleads Guilty in Alabama
Tyler Goodson of 'S-Town' is taking the rap for felony burglary, misdemeanor theft and trespassing
- An Alabama man featured in the hit podcast
pleaded guilty Monday to criminal charges linked to events that occurred in the serial, per the AP . Tyler Goodson, 26, of Woodstock, pleaded guilty to a felony burglary charge and two misdemeanor counts of theft and criminal trespassing and will get...
Man Accused of Illegally
Seeking Drinking Buddies
Sep 18, 2017 12:25 PM CDT
Man Accused of Illegally Seeking Drinking Buddies
Sean Haller made himself at home in two women's houses with a couple of 12-packs
- Police say a drunken Pennsylvania man who didn't want to drink alone forced his way into a woman's home and sat down with two 12-packs of beer, the AP reports. Sean Haller of Stewartstown faces charges including criminal trespassing and remained in the York County jail on Monday....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Black Guest Badgered by Staff Member at Palace Event
She Was Behind Some of Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Hits
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
After Serving 8 Years, Infomercial Pitchman Could Be Jailed Again
A Sleeping Giant Awakes, With Plenty of Spectators
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.