Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Clinton Brings Up
'Duly Elected' Hitler
in Remarks on Trump
Nov 9, 2023 8:08 AM CST
Clinton Brings Up 'Duly Elected' Hitler in Remarks on Trump
'I think it would be the end of our country as we know it' if he wins in 2024, she says
- Seven years to the day after she lost to Donald Trump in the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton appeared on the
and warned that it would be a disaster for America if he wins again in 2024. "I think it would be the end of our country as we...
Hitler Image on Scoreboard
Prompts Apology by MSU
Oct 22, 2023 8:00 AM CDT
Hitler Image on Scoreboard Prompts Apology by MSU
University blames outside content provider for quiz image
- Michigan State showed Adolf Hitler's image as part of a pregame quiz on videoboards before playing No. 2 Michigan on Saturday night, and later apologized for the content provided by an outside source. Hitler and Austria, his birthplace, flashed on the videoboards long enough for some on social media...
Fan Booted From
US Open After
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 9, 2023 12:10 PM CDT
Fan Booted From US Open After Yelling Something 'Unbelievable'
'He just said the most famous Hitler phrase there is,' complained German player Alexander Zverev
- The US Open was temporarily marred by a fan incident that ended up getting said fan thrown out of the annual tennis championships in Queens, New York. Yahoo Sports reports that Germany's Alexander Zverev was well on his way to beating Italy's Jannik Sinker on Monday evening, but...
Moms for Liberty Newsletter
Quotes Adolf Hitler
Jun 23, 2023 1:38 AM CDT
Moms for Liberty Newsletter Quotes Adolf Hitler
Right-wing group later apologizes
- An Indiana chapter of the controversial Moms for Liberty group has apologized after quoting Adolf Hitler in its newsletter. The Hamilton County chapter of the nonprofit, which says it advocates for parental rights but has been branded as an extremist group by an anti-hate watchdog organization, put out an issue...
Hitler Speech Broadcast
on Austria Train
May 15, 2023 1:27 PM CDT
Hitler Speech Broadcast on Austria Train
2 suspects allegedly had key to intercom system
- Two men in Austria were arrested after excerpts of speeches from history's least popular Austrian were played over a train's loudspeaker system. Passengers say they were shocked to hear around 30 seconds of an Adolf Hitler speech on the intercity train from Bregenz to Vienna, along with the...
Hitler Admirer Receives
4 Years in Capitol Attack
May 8, 2023 6:25 PM CDT
Hitler Admirer Receives 4 Years in Capitol Attack
Hatchet Speed said Jewish people control President Biden
- A former Navy reservist who told an undercover FBI agent about his admiration for Adolf Hitler and discussed a plan to "wipe out" the nation's Jewish population was sentenced on Monday to four years in prison for storming the US Capitol. US District Judge Trevor McFadden ordered Virginia...
Screenshots Live Forever, as
Santos Is Now Finding Out
Jan 27, 2023 6:09 AM CST
Screenshots Live Forever, as Santos Is Now Finding Out
Patch.com unearths old social media posts, comments, including one that jokes about Hitler
- George Santos has identified as a "Latino Jew," "clearly Catholic," and, famously, "Jew-ish," but whatever he actually is wouldn't excuse what the Anti-Defamation League is calling "deeply offensive" social media remarks he apparently made that have recently been unearthed. Former friends and...
Ye Just Keeps on
Talking About Hitler
Dec 6, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Ye Just Keeps on Talking About Hitler
'Jewish people, forgive Hitler,' rapper says in interview with Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes
- Kanye West's "unhinged" tour continues. After bringing white supremacist Nick Fuentes to meet with former President= Trump , followed by an appearance on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' show in which West proclaimed "I like Hitler" and "I love Nazis," the 45-year-old rapper showed up in an...
Children's Museum Worker
Fired for Halloween Costume
Nov 2, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Children's Museum Worker Fired for Halloween Costume
Man who wandered downtown Madison, Wis., in Hitler outfit is said to have cognitive disabilities
- A Wisconsin man has lost his job at the Madison Children's Museum over his choice of Halloween costume. Per a Monday statement from the museum, the unidentified employee was spotted Saturday night wandering around the city's downtown "dressed and otherwise [portraying] himself as Hitler." Madison.com...
Sale of Hitler's Watch
Jul 30, 2022 7:22 AM CDT
Criticism Surrounds Sale of Hitler's Watch
An anonymous bidder paid $1.1M for it on Thursday
- It turns out there were two controversial auctions won by anonymous bidders on Thursday. The BBC reports that a watch thought to have belonged to Adolf Hitler has sold for $1.1 million, below its $2 million to $4 million estimate. Alexander Historical Auctions in Maryland described the gold Andreas...
Hitler Feared Getting Sick,
per Newly Revealed Letters
Jun 6, 2022 8:20 AM CDT
Hitler Feared Getting Sick, per Newly Revealed Letters
'If there is something bad, I absolutely have to know,' Nazi dictator said to doctor
- Screaming at Nazi rallies apparently does a number on your voice, and it seems to have spurred Adolf Hitler to see an ear, throat, and nose specialist for at least a decade. Now, details on letters written by that doctor about the World War II-era dictator have been released. Per...
May 5, 2022 1:40 PM CDT
Israel: Putin Apologized Over Hitler Comment
Russia's foreign minister said Hitler had 'Jewish blood'
Israel says Vladimir Putin has apologized for his foreign minister's controversial remarks about Hitler, reports the BBC . Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Putin apologized during a phone call for the comments made by Sergey Lavrov that Hitler had "Jewish blood," like Ukraine's leader. Bennett...
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan
Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Apr 25, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Video tweeted out by Ukraine government account showed Hirohito's photo next to Hitler, Mussolini
- Ukraine has a brand-new word —"ruscism," roughly translated as "Russian fascism"—to describe what's happening now within its war-torn borders. But its thoughts on defeating fascism went a little awry over the weekend, after a government account tweeted a video that compared Japan's...
Tenn. Lawmaker Cites Hitler
as Example for the Homeless
Apr 15, 2022 7:58 AM CDT
Tenn. Lawmaker Cites Hitler as Example for the Homeless
Frank Niceley: After living on streets, Hitler 'went on to lead life that got him in the history books'
- A Republican lawmaker in Tennessee stunned his colleagues Wednesday when he shared the story of a homeless man who turned his life around—Adolf Hitler. During a debate on a bill banning homeless encampments on public property, State Sen. Frank Niceley told lawmakers he "wanted to give a little...
After Twice Praising Hitler,
an Apology From Peru's PM
Apr 8, 2022 8:21 AM CDT
After Twice Praising Hitler, an Apology From Peru's PM
Anibal Torres' comment comes amid a political crisis
- Peru's prime minster has apologized for his praise of Adolf Hitler—the latest blow to a government already facing a political crisis over soaring inflation and corruption allegations. Anibal Torres, 79, had been speaking in a cabinet session in the Junín capital of Huancayo, the site of ongoing...
New Book Examines Hitler's
Nov 19, 2021 5:30 PM CST
New Book Examines Hitler's Fatal Miscalculation
Declaring war on US wasn't just madness, authors say
- The fates of nations could have gone in various directions in early December 1941. Japan might have attacked British installations in Asia instead of Pearl Harbor. Italy and the Vichy government of France could have followed through on negotiations to form a close alliance. And Adolf Hitler might have avoided...
Amazon Changes Logo
That 'Looked Like Hitler'
Mar 4, 2021 7:11 AM CST
Amazon Changes Logo That 'Looked Like Hitler'
'Looks like a happy little cardboard Adolf to me'
- Amazon changed its app logo earlier this year—then changed it again following complaints that it looked too much like Adolf Hitler. The logo that replaced the old image of a shopping trolley showed ripped blue tape over Amazon's smile logo, which reminded some users of Hitler's toothbrush...
'Hitler Was Right on One
Thing,' Lawmaker Says
Jan 8, 2021 2:00 AM CST
'Hitler Was Right on One Thing,' Lawmaker Says
Illinois congresswoman now faces calls to resign
- There's no way any sentence that begins with "Hitler was right on one thing" can possibly end well. A newly elected Illinois congresswoman is currently discovering that fact firsthand. Rep. Mary Miller, a Republican, can be heard on video taken at a "Moms for America" rally held...
Elected in Landslide
Dec 3, 2020 12:21 PM CST
'Adolf Hitler' Elected in Landslide
Namibian councilman has no plans for world domination
- The people of Oshana, Namibia, have spoken, electing a regional councilman by the name of Adolf Hitler. His full name is Adolf Hitler Uunona—he's named in election materials as Adolf H. Uunona—and like his namesake, he's no stranger to politics, having served as a councilman for...
State Police Boss Is Out After
Expose by Young Journalists
Nov 3, 2020 2:17 PM CST
State Police Boss Is Out After Expose by Young Journalists
High school publication reported slideshow quoted Adolf Hitler urging violence
- Rodney Brewer is resigning as commissioner of the Kentucky State Police, days after Louisville high school journalism students reported previously used training materials had quoted Adolf Hitler recommending the "perpetually constant" use of violence. Brewer, who was named to the position in January by the governor, will be gone...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.