Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Is First Pick in
the NFL Draft
Apr 28, 2022 9:33 PM CDT
'Athletic Freak' Is First Pick in the NFL Draft
Jacksonville Jaguars go with Travon Walker
- Placing more emphasis on pro potential than college production, the Jacksonville Jaguars chose Georgia pass rusher Travon Walker with the top pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night, the AP reports. The Jaguars took the 6-foot-5, 272-pound “athletic freak” over Michigan star Aidan Hutchinson, who set a school...
'One of Most
Be at NFL Draft
Apr 19, 2022 1:30 AM CDT
'One of Most Recognizable Figures' Won't Be at NFL Draft
Mel Kiper Jr. is not vaccinated against COVID-19
calls Mel Kiper Jr. "one of the most recognizable figures in NFL draft media"—but the ESPN NFL draft analyst won't be attending this year, because he's not vaccinated against COVID-19. "I completely support everyone determining what's best for their individual...
NFL Linebacker Retires at 27:
'Too Many Concussions'
Apr 17, 2022 9:32 AM CDT
NFL Linebacker Retires at 27: 'Too Many Concussions'
Arizona's Kylie Fitts missed much of last season
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kylie Fitts won't be back next season, or any season after the that. The 27-year-old announced on Instagram that he's retiring to protect his health, reports NBC's ProFootball Talk . “Due to too many concussions and the severity of my recent one, it is...
Bad Timing on Brady's
'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
Apr 15, 2022 8:18 AM CDT
Bad Timing on Brady's 'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
It sold for more than $500K just hours before the star quarterback un-retired
The unfortunate soul who bought a football at auction billed as Tom Brady's "last" touchdown pass won't have to shell out more than $500,000 after all. Hours after the winning bid was placed, Brady announced he was un-retiring and would play again. Now, CBS Sports...
Dies After Being
Hit by Truck
Apr 9, 2022 12:30 PM CDT
Steelers Quarterback Dies After Being Hit by Truck
Dwayne Haskins, 24, starred at Ohio State
- Dwayne Haskins, a Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback who starred at Ohio State—throwing 50 touchdown passes in a single season and finishing third in the Heisman Trophy voting—died Saturday after being struck by a truck. He was 24. Haskins was in South Florida to train with other Steelers skill position...
Bias Suit Against
NFL Adds 2 Coaches
Apr 7, 2022 4:11 PM CDT
Bias Suit Against NFL Adds 2 Coaches
Steve Wilks and Ray Horton have held the head job for one season between them
Two former NFL coaches have signed on to a pending lawsuit accusing the NFL of racial discrimination in its hiring practices: Steve Wilks and Ray Horton. Wilks served as a head coach for one season for the Arizona Cardinals, ESPN reports. Lawyers said he was installed as a "...
NFL Owners Vote to
Change Playoff OT Rules
Mar 29, 2022 8:58 PM CDT
NFL Owners Vote to Change Playoff OT Rules
Both sides now guaranteed to get the ball in overtime
- It took a few years, and for many fans that probably was too long. Still, the NFL has heard the cries of "unfair" and has adjusted its overtime rules. Only for the postseason, though. The league is changing the sometimes controversial overtime rules to guarantee each side gets the...
Mar 29, 2022 8:21 AM CDT
NFL Unveils New Diversity Requirement
All teams required to have a female or minority offensive coach
- NFL teams will be required to employ a "female or a member of an ethnic or racial minority" as an offensive assistant coach for the upcoming season, according to diversity efforts announced Monday during annual owners meetings in Palm Beach, Fla. The league will reimburse teams up to $200,...
Buffalo Taxpayers Will Pay
Record Sum for NFL Stadium
Mar 28, 2022 1:57 PM CDT
Buffalo Taxpayers Will Pay Record Sum for NFL Stadium
$850M in public money will go to project, which will keep team in area for 30 years
- It looks like the Bills will be playing football in Buffalo for another three decades under a new deal with some eye-popping figures. Local taxpayers will shell out $850 million toward construction of a new stadium, which Politico reports is a record sum of public money for an NFL arena....
Weird NFL Name
Coincidence Goes Viral
Mar 25, 2022 11:26 AM CDT
Weird NFL Name Coincidence Goes Viral
Tampa Bay teammates Shaq Mason and Shaq Barrett are named after the same 2 people
- Unless you're Joe or Bob, it's probably not every day you come across someone with the same name as you. It's even rarer to come across someone named after the same person as you. But two teammates on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have that in common—and...
Big College Star Is Injured,
Reaction Speaks Volumes
Mar 21, 2022 9:03 AM CDT
Big College Star Is Injured, Reaction Speaks Volumes
Maybe 'someone should’ve checked on him' before moving to next drill, observer writes of David Ojabo
- The injury itself was big news in the football world: Star Michigan linebacker David Ojabo went down with a torn Achilles while auditioning in front of NFL scouts on Friday, reports Yahoo Sports . Ojabo was expected to be a top-10 pick in the next NFL draft, but the injury might...
Mar 19, 2022 1:15 PM CDT
John Clayton's NFL Coverage Stressed Detail
'The Professor' covered the league for newspapers, radio, and ESPN
- John Clayton, a longtime print and broadcast NFL reporter who was inducted into the writers' wing of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, died Friday. He was 67 and died after a brief illness, the Seattle Seahawks announced. Clayton had been a radio sideline reporter for the team for the...
Former NFL Linebacker's
Cause of Death Revealed
Mar 17, 2022 4:40 PM CDT
Former NFL Linebacker's Cause of Death Revealed
Parys Haralson suffered a stroke at age 37
It was a stroke that killed 37-year-old former NFL player Parys Haralson last year. The Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office determined that Haralson suffered a ruptured blood vessel or vessels in the brain and listed the manner of death as "natural," reports
Tom Brady's Retirement
From NFL Is Already Over
Mar 13, 2022 7:02 PM CDT
Tom Brady's Retirement From NFL Is Already Over
He announces he will be back with Tampa Bay
- He announced his retirement, then hinted at a change of heart , and now that change of heart is official: Tom Brady will return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as quarterback next season, reports NFL.com . Brady himself announced the move. "These past two months I’ve realized my place...
Grand Jury: Texans QB Won't
Face Criminal Charges
Mar 12, 2022 8:45 AM CST
Grand Jury: Texans QB Won't Face Criminal Charges
Masseuses have sued Deshaun Watson over allegations of sex harassment, assault
Thanks to a grand jury decision this week, Deshaun Watson won't be indicted in Texas after lawsuits brought by nearly two dozen women who accuse him of harassment and sexual assault. ESPN reports that, for more than six hours on Friday, prosecutors from the Harris County DA's...
Woman Sues Jerry Jones,
Says He's Her Father
Mar 10, 2022 1:02 PM CST
Woman Sues Jerry Jones, Says He's Her Father
Cowboys owner already paid a settlement to the woman's mother
- A 25-year-old woman who grew up in North Texas is suing Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, alleging he's her biological father, per the AP . Alexandra Davis says in a lawsuit filed last week in Dallas County that she was conceived from a relationship Jones had with her mother, Cynthia...
in NFL History
Mar 8, 2022 12:26 PM CST
Aaron Rodgers Just Signed Biggest Deal in NFL History
Quarterback agrees to 4-year, $200M deal with the Green Bay Packers
- Aaron Rodgers has had a controversial and downright strange year. This should make him feel better: The 38-year-old quarterback has signed a four-year, $200 million deal with the Green Bay Packers, and that $50 million-a-year clip makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, reports CBS Sports . Ian Rapoport...
for Betting on
Mar 8, 2022 3:00 AM CST
Falcons Player Suspended for Betting on NFL Games
Calvin Ridley defends himself on Twitter
- For endangering the integrity of the sport by betting on games, Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley has been suspended by the NFL for at least the next season, the AP reports. Ridley won’t play in 2022 and there is no guarantee for the NFL future of the player...
Aaron Rodgers Is Going
Through Some Things Online
Feb 22, 2022 11:49 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers Is Going Through Some Things Online
Green Bay QB gushes over ex Shailene Woodley, leaves 'cryptic' hints on NFL future
- Aaron Rodgers and fiancee Shailene Woodley reportedly split up last week, but it seems the Green Bay Packers quarterback is still processing his feelings, and in a very public way. He also may have dropped a hint about his uncertain NFL future. Page Six reports that the 38-year-old posted an...
NFL Says It Knew Eminem
Would Take a Knee
Feb 14, 2022 6:17 AM CST
NFL Says It Knew Eminem Would Take a Knee
Reports before the game suggested otherwise
- Eminem caused a social media buzz when he took a knee during the Super Bowl halftime show . It seemed to be a clear show of support for exiled QB Colin Kaepernick , and all the more interesting because of reports before the game—notably in
—that the NFL had...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
Inside the Push to Stop Iceland's 'Blood Mare' Practice
Terrified Buffalo Store Worker Called 911. She Says Dispatcher Hung Up
Dubya Makes 'Freudian Slip of the Century'
Man Marks 50 Years of Eating Big Macs Daily
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.