Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Young Would-Be Voters
Answer Taylor Swift's Plea
Sep 21, 2023 9:19 AM CDT
Young Would-Be Voters Answer Taylor Swift's Plea
Pop star credited with boosting voter registrations through an Instagram post
- After boosting the economy , Taylor Swift thought she might as well boost voter registration, too. Vote.org has credited the singer with helping to register more than 35,000 new voters Tuesday on National Voter Registration Day. "I've been so lucky to see so many of you guys...
a Taylor Swift
Sep 13, 2023 12:45 PM CDT
Gannett Is Looking for a Taylor Swift Beat Reporter
Gannett thinks pop star is 'relevant, influential, and innovative—just like us'
- There's much ado made about Taylor Swift—her loves , broken records , seismic events , generosity on the road , and potential to keep the US out of a recession . The list goes on and on and on so long that the nation's largest newspaper company, which the
New York Times
Sep 1, 2023 11:45 AM CDT
'Exorswift' Isn't Happening, People
New 'Exorcist' film moves opening date so it won't conflict with Taylor Swift's Oct. 13 concert tour flick
- If you were hoping for another "Barbenheimer," you're not getting it. Friday the 13th (of October) was set to be the release date for both
The Exorcist: Believer
and for Taylor Swift's concert film about her Eras Tour. Now, however, Universal, the distributor for the horror...
Aug 21, 2023 2:53 PM CDT
Taylor Swift Entering Literary Canon at Colleges
Ghent University in Belgium has a serious literature course coming up in the fall
- It's not the first college course centered on the songs of Taylor Swift, but it might be one of the more ambitious. A professor at Ghent University in Belgium is offering a class called "Literature (Taylor's Version)," a play on the singer's recent song releases,...
Union to Taylor Swift:
Please Postpone LA Shows
Aug 3, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
Union to Taylor Swift: Please Postpone LA Shows
Singer urged to show solidarity with striking hotel workers
- Taylor Swift is concluding the US leg of her earthshaking Eras Tour with six sold-out shows near Los Angeles starting Thursday night, but union officials and politicians have urged her to postpone them in solidarity with striking hospitality workers. In an open letter asking the singer to "Speak Now"...
Doles Out Big
Aug 1, 2023 7:36 AM CDT
Report: Swift Doles Out Big Surprise to Tour Truckers
Singer is said to have paid each trucker on Eras Tour a $100K bonus
- Taylor Swift isn't only having a seismic effect on the cities she performs in—she's also having an earthshaking impact on the wallets of truckers hauling her gear for her Eras Tour. The 33-year-old star performed at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, on Saturday, and TMZ...
Taylor Swift's Concerts
Have Literally Gone Seismic
Jul 28, 2023 12:00 PM CDT
Taylor Swift's Concerts Have Literally Gone Seismic
Activity from Seattle concerts had 2.3 magnitude, beating out 2011 'Beast Quake' at Seahawks game
- When commentators say Taylor Swift's concerts are "seismic," they're not simply using a colorful descriptor—they're detailing what appears to be an actual physical manifestation of Swifties' rabid fandom. As part of her Eras Tour, the 33-year-old performer took to the stage at Seattle's...
Jul 17, 2023 12:00 PM CDT
Taylor Swift Just Moved Past Barbra Streisand
She now has 12 No. 1 albums, the most by any woman in history
- Taylor Swift's newly released
Speak Now (Taylor's Version)
album has, to nobody's surprise, debuted at No. 1 on the charts. And with that distinction comes a slew of notable milestones:
She now has 12 No. 1 albums, the most of any woman in history, reports the
Us Out of a
Jul 14, 2023 11:04 AM CDT
Could Taylor Swift Keep Us Out of a Recession?
Federal Reserve gives nod to her Eras Tour, 'influx' of fans for their economic impact
- Taylor Swift has been impressing fans and critics alike during her current Eras Tour, and ticket sales show no signs of slowing. But it's more than just her music that's been having an impact—the Federal Reserve says the singer has had a marked effect on the economy,...
Go to a Show,
Then Forget It
Jun 10, 2023 5:30 AM CDT
Odd Problem for Swifties: Go to a Show, Then Forget It
'Post-concert amnesia' is a thing, psychologists say; also fans find end-run around scalpers
- As the Taylor Swift Eras Tour rolls on, two stories illustrate just how much of a phenomenon it is for her fans. One involves ticket sales, the other a strange experience being called "post-concert amnesia." On the first, the
Wall Street Journal
reports that three friends have teamed...
Jun 6, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Another Breakup for Taylor Swift
It's over between her and 1975 frontman Matty Healy
- Taylor Swift has come to the end of another romance, this one very brief. The singer was first spotted with Matty Healy, frontman for The 1975, in early May, shortly after her six-year relationship with Joe Alwyn ended , and Healy showed up at all three of her Nashville concerts and...
Taylor Swift Fans
Make $13 Donations
After Man's Death
Apr 26, 2023 2:41 PM CDT
Taylor Swift Fans Make $13 Donations After Man's Death
Jacob Lewis was struck by allegedly drunk driver after leaving Swift's Houston concert
- A Houston man is facing a felony murder charge after he allegedly struck and killed a man who'd just left a Taylor Swift concert. Jacob Lewis, 20, and his 26-year-old sister departed Houston's NRG Stadium early Saturday only to have their vehicle break down on the Southwest Freeway....
of 6 Years
Apr 9, 2023 6:10 AM CDT
Taylor Swift Splits From Boyfriend of 6 Years
She and British actor Joe Alwyn are reportedly no longer together
- With Taylor Swift touring again , gossip sites have taken note of a conspicuous absence: her boyfriend of six years, British actor Joe Alwyn, has been nowhere in sight. Now Entertainment Tonight reports that the two have split amicably, and
confirms. The 33-year-old Swift and the 32-year-old
Mar 18, 2023 5:45 PM CDT
Taylor Swift Keeps Promise With 44-Song Performance
Reviews praise singer's commitment in first concert of Eras Tour
- Taylor Swift promised her fans, bruised by the Ticketmaster debacle , that she would present every aspect of her 10-album career when she took to the stage for her new tour—"a journey through all of my musical eras," she said. In the first concert Friday night in Glendale,...
Top 10 List
for Income Is
All Men, Plus
Feb 13, 2023 4:13 PM CST
Top 10 List for Income Is All Men, Plus Taylor Swift
Forbes puts singer's pay at $92M for 2022, ahead of all other female entertainers
- Taylor Swift joined the male-dominated list of the 10 highest-paid entertainers for 2022, the only woman on the
list. The singer ranked ninth, per CNBC , after pulling in $92 million. Demand for her music was clear: Her songs held all Top 10 spots on the Billboard Hot 100 in...
Gaga Up for Second Oscar,
but Rihanna in the Mix
Jan 24, 2023 2:43 PM CST
Gaga Up for Second Oscar, but Rihanna in the Mix
In a surprise, entry from Taylor Swift does not get a best-song nomination
- Lady Gaga and Rihanna earned Oscar nominations Tuesday in a best original song category that found Taylor Swift left out, per the AP . Gaga was nominated for " Hold My Hand " from
Top Gun: Maverick
, while Rihanna became a first-time nominee through " Lift Me Up, " a song...
Senators Sound Skeptical
Jan 24, 2023 1:56 PM CST
Ticketmaster Apologizes, Senators Sound Skeptical
Head of parent company Live Nation testifies at Senate hearing
- The parent company of Ticketmaster was grilled Tuesday by senators over its stranglehold of the industry and the debacle over the sale of Taylor Swift tickets . The big question now is whether anything will change. Some highlights:
Joe Berchtold, head of parent company Live Nation, apologized for the
Taylor Swift Shakes Off
'Shake It Off' Lawsuit
Dec 13, 2022 6:02 PM CST
Taylor Swift Shakes Off 'Shake It Off' Lawsuit
Copyright infringement suit dropped weeks before trial
- Taylor Swift has finally shaken off the long-running lawsuit over lyrics in her hit "Shake It Off." Songwriters Sean Hall and Nathan Butler, who claimed Swift copied their line "Playas, they gonna play, and haters, they gonna hate," told a judge Monday that they are dropping...
Dec 10, 2022 1:35 PM CST
Taylor Swift Strikes Deal to Direct
Searchlight project will be her first feature film
- Having been honored for her directing of two short films, Taylor Swift is moving to a longer form. Calling her "a once in a generation artist and storyteller, Searchlight Pictures has announced that it has a deal for the pop star to direct a feature film,
Dec 5, 2022 10:35 AM CST
Swifties Lawyering Up Against Ticketmaster
Taylor Swift fans join lawsuit after ticketing debacle
- Ticketmaster may face more trouble over the debacle it made of its attempt to sell Taylor Swift concert tickets. Fans of the singer—self-anointed Swifties—have filed a lawsuit against the company and parent LiveNation alleging "fraud, price-fixing, and antitrust violations,” reports Pitchfork . The suit further alleges that...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
'Open Secret' at Chicken Slaughterhouses: Kids at Work
In an Unannounced Outing, Carters Attend Plains Festival
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.