Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Paris Hilton: 'Our Hearts
Are Exploding With Love'
Jan 25, 2023 10:05 AM CST
Paris Hilton: 'Our Hearts Are Exploding With Love'
Reality star, 41, welcomes baby boy via surrogate with husband Carter Reum
- Life for Paris Hilton is about to become not as simple, though in a most joyous way. TMZ reports that the 41-year-old reality-TV star, who starred on
The Simple Life
with Nicole Richie in the mid-aughts, has welcomed her first child with her husband, author and entrepreneur Carter Reum. "...
At Memorial Service for
Lisa Marie, a Surprise Reveal
Jan 23, 2023 7:53 AM CST
At Memorial Service for Lisa Marie, a Surprise Reveal
Daughter Riley Keough has a daughter, making Elvis a great-grandfather
- Lisa Marie Presley's memorial service at Graceland on Sunday was a star-studded occasion , with Sarah Ferguson speaking and musical tributes by the likes of Axl Rose, Alanis Morissette, and Billy Corgan. But amid the speeches and songs was a surprise reveal, one easy enough to miss for those not...
After Heartbreak, a 'Blessed
Day' for Teigen, Legend
Jan 14, 2023 9:00 AM CST
After Heartbreak, a 'Blessed Day' for Teigen, Legend
Stars reportedly welcome third child after earlier pregnancy loss, joining 2 older siblings
- Friday the 13th tends to get a bad rap, but yesterday saw not only a big Mega Millions winner —it apparently marked an exciting new addition to the household of Chrissy Teigen and John Legend. At a private concert on Friday, the 44-year-old singer announced the news that his...
Couple Said to
After Baby Dies
Dec 30, 2022 12:00 PM CST
Couple Said to Reject Modern Meds Charged After Baby Dies
Cops: Pennsylvania mom didn't call 911 when newborn started 'turning blue'; now, involuntary manslaughter charges
- A Pennsylvania couple who say they don't believe in conventional medicine and failed to take their ailing newborn son to the hospital are now facing involuntary manslaughter charges after the infant died. NBC News cites a release from the office of state Attorney General Josh Shapiro that lays out...
Parents Lose Fight
to Keep Baby From
Getting Vaccinated Blood
Dec 7, 2022 8:08 AM CST
Parents Lose Fight to Keep Baby From Getting Vaccinated Blood
New Zealand's health service granted temporary medical custody
- A 4-month-old boy in need of heart surgery was on Wednesday ordered into the temporary medical custody of health officials by a New Zealand court, in a contentious case that has attracted international press. His parents have refused to proceed with the surgery unless their son only be given blood...
Dad: My Baby ODed
on Fentanyl at Public Park
Dec 2, 2022 12:34 PM CST
Dad: My Baby ODed on Fentanyl at Public Park
10-month-old now OK; San Francisco city officials, media trying to confirm exactly what happened
- A nanny's trip this week to a Bay Area public park with 10-month-old twins in her care turned terrifying, with the family and local authorities sharing that one of the boys was exposed to fentanyl during their visit. Wendy Marroqui tells NBC Bay Area that she took Senna and...
'We Will Never Forgive':
Strike Kills 2-Day-Old Ukrainian
Nov 23, 2022 10:00 AM CST
'We Will Never Forgive': Strike Kills 2-Day-Old Ukrainian
Overnight rocket attack destroys hospital maternity ward in southern Ukraine
- A maternity unit in Ukraine's southern Zaporizhzhia region held a single mother and newborn when it was struck by a Russian missile overnight, reports the BBC . The baby, a 2-day-old boy named Kyrylo Kamyanskyi, didn't survive the attack; his mother Maria and a doctor who suffered some burns...
Who Wants to Give Birth in a
Hurricane? No One, but She Did
Sep 30, 2022 2:54 PM CDT
Who Wants to Give Birth in a Hurricane? No One, but She Did
Cape Coral resident Amanda Mahr's baby is named George, not Ian
- Amid the nightmarish news out of Florida in the wake of Ian, a bright spot comes via a 10-pound, 6-ounce package delivered in Cape Coral. The
New York Times
reports on the plight of 36-year-old Amanda Mahr, and her husband, Matthew, 37, as they hunkered down to ride out the...
Couple Saves Injured Baby
Allegedly Abandoned by Dad
Sep 27, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Couple Saves Injured Baby Allegedly Abandoned by Dad
Texas' McClain family found 9-month-old in their shed after man appeared to steal neighbor's truck
- A Texas family got quite the surprise over the weekend after finding an infant in their backyard shed, amid troubling circumstances. Katharine and John McClain say they were awoken early Saturday by the loud sounds of a truck driving away from their neighbor's house on the outskirts of Livingston,...
Researchers Say This Is How
to Get a Crying Baby to Sleep
Sep 14, 2022 11:48 AM CDT
Researchers Say This Is How to Get a Crying Baby to Sleep
Researchers recommend a process that takes 10 to 13 minutes
- For any parent who has wished there was a magic solution to get their crying newborn back to sleep, good news: Japanese researchers say they've found it. In a study published Tuesday in
, researchers sum up the crux of the issue: "Approximately 20%–30% of infants...
Here Are the Best, Worst
States to Have a Kid
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Here Are the Best, Worst States to Have a Kid
Massachusetts is the No. 1 state, in WalletHub's assessment; Alabama comes in last
- If you're thinking of starting a family, or want to expand the one you have, there are some US states that may be better than others, from the birthing process onward. WalletHub looked at nearly three dozen metrics for all 50 states and DC, in four main categories: cost,...
These Were 2021's
Top Baby Names
May 6, 2022 1:40 PM CDT
These Were 2021's Top Baby Names
Olivia, Liam take No. 1 spots, per Social Security Administration rankings
- Olivia and Liam have a stubborn streak. Not anyone in particular with those names, but the names themselves, which rose, once again, to the top of the Social Security Administration's annual list of top baby names. For the 2021 version of the rankings, Olivia sees the No. 1 spot...
Deputy Heard Baby's Cries
Amid Fire, Started Climbing
Apr 27, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Deputy Heard Baby's Cries Amid Fire, Started Climbing
William Puzynski saves 1-year-old girl from 3rd-floor balcony in Orlando
- A local sheriff's deputy was in the right place at the right time when an apartment building in Orlando, Fla., went up in flames over the weekend. Per WKMG , William Puzynski of the Orange County Sheriff's Office was on patrol around 4am Saturday when a call was radioed...
Mom Who Left Baby in Woods
in 1993 Convicted of Murder
Apr 5, 2022 11:05 AM CDT
Mom Who Left Baby in Woods in 1993 Convicted of Murder
Ohio's Gail Eastwood-Ritchey now faces life in prison in 'Geauga's Child' case
- An Ohio woman who abandoned her newborn in the woods nearly 30 years ago was convicted of murder Monday and now faces up to life in prison. Gail Eastwood-Ritchey was "stoic" as the verdict was read in court, though one of her lawyers "widened his eyes, seeming stunned,...
Cops: Mom Left 8-Month-Old
Alone in Field Overnight
Mar 19, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Cops: Mom Left 8-Month-Old Alone in Field Overnight
8-month-old Niguel Jackson was found after hourslong search in Louisiana: 'Baby was tough'
- A woman showed up at a fire station in Baton Rouge, La., on Tuesday evening for unspecified medical assistance, but it wasn't until Wednesday morning, when she was being taken to a facility for treatment, that she happened to mention her baby, authorities say. That mention led to what...
After COVID and
for Mom, Infant
Feb 26, 2022 9:00 AM CST
After COVID and 2-Month Wait, Emotional Reunion for Mom, Infant
'I got to finally see my baby that I was waiting for so long to see,' says NH's Macenzee Keller
- After giving birth, most new moms can't wait to see their child. For Macenzee Keller, it would take more than two months, as she fought for her life against COVID-19 while under sedation and breathing with the help of machines. Mother and child were reunited on Feb. 3 when...
Birth 'Was Uneventful Other
Than Being at 30,000 Feet'
Feb 1, 2022 7:25 AM CST
Birth 'Was Uneventful Other Than Being at 30,000 Feet'
Baby born over the Atlantic on flight from Ghana to US
- No one wants to hear "Is there a doctor on board?" while they're halfway through an 11-hour journey over the Atlantic. Luckily for one mom-to-be, there was not only a doctor, but also a nurse and a former nurse on United Airlines Flight 997, and they all helped...
Nanny Hit by
Baby With a Push
Dec 22, 2021 9:45 AM CST
Nanny Hit by Truck Saved Baby With a Push
Arcellie Muschamp of Brooklyn in critical condition after brain surgery
- A nanny shoved a stroller carrying a 1-year-old out of the path of a pickup truck in New York City on Monday before the vehicle slammed into her instead. "The stroller came to a stop on its side against a row of parked cars," feet from 52-year-old mother...
Birth of Baby Takes
Tesla Owners for Ride
Dec 19, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Birth of Baby Takes Tesla Owners for Ride
Mom delivered in Tesla on autopilot
- A Pennsylvania woman and her husband knew their new baby was coming soon when she went into labor in September, but they didn't know how soon. Nor did Keating and Yiran Sherry know that they wouldn't even make it to the hospital before little Maeve was born. Per...
There's a New Chip Off
the Boris Johnson Block
Dec 9, 2021 7:21 AM CST
There's a New Chip Off the Boris Johnson Block
UK prime minister's wife gives birth to baby girl, the couple's second child together
- After a week of not-great headlines , Thursday finally brought one that Boris Johnson may not mind: He's a dad, again. The
reports that the UK prime minister's wife, Carrie Johnson, has given birth to a baby girl in London. No word on a name yet, but "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Oscars Reviewing Rules After Controversial Nomination
Dallas Zoo Adds Another Mystery to the List
Woman Allegedly Killed Lookalike She Found on Instagram
TikTok Trend Leads to More Bad News for Kia, Hyundai Owners
With Laverne, Cindy Williams Skipped Through Milwaukee
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.