Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
In Jan. 6 Texts,
Said Trump Doctor
Apr 20, 2022 3:23 PM CDT
In Jan. 6 Texts, Militia Members Said Trump Doctor 'Needs Protection'
Oath Keepers discussed protecting several Trump allies during riot
- Members of the far-right militia group the Oath Keepers discussed providing protection to some of then-President Trump's top allies surrounding the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, including Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson, Roger Stone, and Michael Flynn, newly-released text messages show. Several group members—including Joshua James, who has pleaded guilty...
Rioter Who Grabbed
Pelosi's Lectern Is 'Ashamed'
Feb 25, 2022 10:45 AM CST
Rioter Who Grabbed Pelosi's Lectern Is 'Ashamed'
Adam Johnson sentenced to 75 days over the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol
A Capitol rioter photographed with Nancy Pelosi's lectern is going to prison, though not for long. A federal judge on Friday sentenced Adam Johnson of Florida to 75 days in prison, plus a $5,000 fine for his role in the Jan. 6 events, reports NBC News . Johnson...
After Graham Balks at Pardons
for Rioters, a Trump Slam
Feb 2, 2022 11:50 AM CST
After Graham Balks at Pardons for Rioters, a Trump Slam
'He's a RINO,' former president tells Newsmax
- Donald Trump has added another Republican to his list of supposed RINOs : his ally Lindsey Graham. The former president lobbed the insult—that's "Republican in name only"—at the Republican senator from South Carolina on Tuesday after Graham refused to back the idea of presidential pardons for...
Judge Doesn't Believe Accused
Attacker Was Trying to Help
Oct 2, 2021 12:10 PM CDT
Judge Doesn't Believe Accused Attacker Was Trying to Help
Man charged with taking DC cop's badge, radio denied bond in hearing Friday
- The man who took DC cop Michael Fanone’s badge and radio said he was just trying to help, and a federal judge isn’t buying it. Thomas Sibick has been in jail since he was arrested in mid-March on several charges including assaulting police, WUSA reports. In a hearing...
Six Capitol Insurrection Officers
Recommended For Discipline
Sep 12, 2021 5:45 AM CDT
Six Capitol Insurrection Officers Recommended For Discipline
'Violations were sustained'
- The US Capitol Police said Saturday it has recommended disciplinary action in six cases after an internal review of officer behavior stemming from the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol. The department's Office of Professional Responsibility opened 38 internal investigations and was able to identify 26 of...
McCarthy Pulls All Jan. 6 Picks
After Pelosi Objects to 2
Jul 21, 2021 2:10 PM CDT
McCarthy Pulls All Jan. 6 Picks After Pelosi Objects to 2
He refuses to submit any names after Pelosi rejects Trump allies
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy submitted his picks for the committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack Tuesday. But the Republican included two congressmen, Reps. Jim Banks of Indiana and Jim Jordan of Ohio, who vocally supported objections to finishing the electoral vote count and formalizing President Biden’s election....
Judge Orders 'QAnon Shaman'
to Take Competency Exam
Jun 28, 2021 12:01 AM CDT
Judge Orders 'QAnon Shaman' to Take Competency Exam
Lawyer argues months in prison have caused client to deteriorate
- The man who wore no shirt, a fur-lined hat with horns, face paint, and carried a spear with a flag on it into the US Capitol Building during the Jan. 6 attack has been ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation. You may know Jacob Anthony Chansley as Jake Angeli...
US Capitol Police Still Fleeing
Months After Attack
May 23, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
US Capitol Police Still Fleeing Months After Attack
Union says around 70 Capitol Police have left due to trauma and budget woes
- Over 70 members of the US Capitol Police have left the department in the wake of the January 6 attack by followers of former President Donald Trump. Per
, that number was cited by the department's union, whose chair, Gus Papathanasiou, blamed budget woes and the lingering trauma of...
Lawmakers Agree to Deal
to Investigate Capitol Attack
May 14, 2021 11:19 AM CDT
Lawmakers Agree to Deal to Investigate Capitol Attack
House could vote on proposed bipartisan commission next week
- House lawmakers have reached a bipartisan deal to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol, and it does not include a look at violence alleged to have come from left-wing groups last summer, as some Republicans had hoped. The proposed 10-person commission would focus only on the attack...
Rioter Seen in
Pelosi Office Released
Apr 28, 2021 6:59 AM CDT
Rioter Seen in Pelosi Office Released
Richard Barnett to move to home confinement pending trial
- Richard Barnett got his wish. The man photographed sitting at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol has been released on bond almost four months after his arrest , and nearly two months after an outburst in court over his continued detention. A judge...
Feb 16, 2021 9:46 AM CST
McConnell: Trump's Behavior 'Unconscionable'
But minority leader defends his vote to acquit former president
- So much for Sen. Ron Johnson's hope that Mitch McConnell would "zip his lips" on former President Trump . The Senate minority leader has penned a
Wall Street Journal
op-ed accusing Trump of inciting insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6 while also defending his vote to acquit the...
Slain Capitol Police Officer
Gets Honor Given to Rosa Parks
Feb 3, 2021 2:00 AM CST
Slain Capitol Police Officer Gets Honor Given to Rosa Parks
Brian Sicknick is lying in honor in the Capitol Rotunda
- The remains of Brian Sicknick, the Capitol Police officer who died from injuries sustained during the Jan. 6 riot at the US Capitol, are lying in honor at the Capitol Rotunda, and on Tuesday night, the president and first lady paid their respects. President Biden, who had already spoken with...
Woman Who Allegedly
Stole Pelosi's Laptop Arrested
Jan 19, 2021 6:22 AM CST
Woman Who Allegedly Stole Pelosi's Laptop Arrested
Riley June Williams accused of theft during US Capitol riot
- Federal authorities arrested a woman whose former romantic partner says she took a laptop from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office during the riot at the US Capitol earlier this month. Riley June Williams was arrested Monday, according to a Justice Department official. It’s not yet known when her...
Giuliani Says He's Working
on Impeachment Defense
Jan 17, 2021 5:09 PM CST
Giuliani Says He's Working on Impeachment Defense
The Trump campaign says no decisions have been made regarding legal representation
- Despite reports that he’s on the outs with President Trump, Rudy Giuliani says he’s gearing up to defend the president in his historic second impeachment trial allegeding that he incited insurrection in Washington DC during a Jan. 6 rally. “I'm involved right now,” Giuliani told...
Records Show Trump Allies'
Fingerprints on DC Rally
Jan 17, 2021 3:50 PM CST
Records Show Trump Allies' Fingerprints on DC Rally
Members of the president's reelection campaign were listed on a rally permit
- Members of President Trump’s failed reelection campaign played key roles in orchestrating the rally that spawned a deadly assault on the US Capitol, according to an AP analysis, undercutting claims the event was the brainchild of the president's grassroots supporters. Pro-Trump nonprofit Women for America First hosted the...
Prosecutor: Capitol Rioter
Planned to 'Take Hostages'
Jan 16, 2021 10:12 AM CST
Prosecutor: Capitol Rioter Planned to 'Take Hostages'
Larry Brock was photographed on the Senate floor holding zip-tie handcuffs
- A retired Air Force officer who was part of the mob that stormed the US Capitol on Jan. 6 and was photographed holding zip-tie handcuffs on the Senate floor planned to capture lawmakers, a federal prosecutor said. “He means to take hostages. He means to kidnap, restrain, perhaps try,...
MyPillow CEO Visits WH, Brings
Notes Hinting at 'Martial Law'
Jan 16, 2021 8:15 AM CST
MyPillow CEO Visits WH, Brings Notes Hinting at 'Martial Law'
Photographer's snapshot of Mike Lindell's paperwork offered up some very interesting tidbits
- The MyPillow guy hinting at martial law? That's apparently how it looked after a visit by Mike Lindell to the White House on Friday, when a
photographer caught a shot of the CEO's notes as he entered the West Wing. Jabin Botsford was the one who...
Proud Boys Leader:
'We're Going to
Take a Chill Pill'
Jan 15, 2021 1:00 AM CST
Proud Boys Leader: 'We're Going to Take a Chill Pill'
Henry 'Enrique' Tarrio says group will stay away from DC on Inauguration Day
- The leader of the Proud Boys has been banned from the nation's capital , and now he says the rest of the group is likely to stay away from Washington, DC, as well on Jan. 20. "We’re going to take a chill pill," Henry "Enrique" Tarrio,...
After 2nd Impeachment, Trump
Condemns Capitol Violence
Jan 13, 2021 5:50 PM CST
After 2nd Impeachment, Trump Condemns Capitol Violence
But he doesn't mention being impeached
- President Trump has released a video condemning the violent insurrection he fomented at the Capitol last week, per the AP . The video came out Wednesday after he was impeached by the House for a record second time, this time with Republican votes. Trump also called on his supporters to remain...
Before Impeachment, Trump
Issued Call to 'Ease Tensions'
Jan 13, 2021 4:30 PM CST
Before Impeachment, Trump Issued Call to 'Ease Tensions'
'There must be no violence,' he said
- A week after President Trump rallied a crowd of his supporters—some of whom went on to storm the US Capitol—with unfounded claims of election fraud and a declaration that, “You’ll never take back our country with weakness," he is urging calm amid reports of more...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Only a Whirlwind Can Save Mars Lander
Elite Cyclist Shot, Killed at 25
Report: Before Mass Shooting, 15 Accepted Suspect's Invite
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
Madison Cawthorn Issues Defiant Message After Loss
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.