Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jack Dorsey Apologizes
to Twitter Employees
Nov 5, 2022 3:30 PM CDT
Jack Dorsey Apologizes to Twitter Employees
Co-founder says he expanded the company too fast
- Jack Dorsey tweeted his regrets Saturday for the mass layoffs at Twitter, saying he expanded the company too rapidly. A day after new owner Elon Musk began cutting half of Twitter's workforce, the company's co-founder tweeted a message to the "past and present" staff, CNBC reports. "...
Elon Musk Gives
Twitter Investors Hope
May 26, 2022 12:54 AM CDT
Elon Musk Gives Twitter Investors Hope
As Jack Dorsey leaves the company's board of directors
- Jack Dorsey left Twitter's board of directors Wednesday, in a move that had been planned and announced when Dorsey resigned as CEO in November. Dorsey is the last of the social network's founders to cut formal ties with the company, NBC News reports. His term on the board...
Guy Tries to Sell Dorsey NFT
for $50M, Gets High Bid of $280
Apr 14, 2022 9:05 AM CDT
Guy Tries to Sell Dorsey NFT for $50M, Gets High Bid of $280
Auction didn't go well for crypto businessman Sina Estavi, who bought Dorsey's first tweet for $2.9M
Some people flip houses; others, NFTs. But for Sina Estavi, his attempt to pull off the latter didn't bring in the return on investment he'd hoped for. Last year, the CEO of blockchain firm Bridge Oracle scooped up the non-fungible token of Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey's...
Dec 2, 2021 7:59 AM CST
Goodbye, Square. Hello, Block
Payments company headed up by Jack Dorsey gets a name change
- It's been a big week for Jack Dorsey, who announced he's stepping down as CEO of Twitter because "the company is ready to move on from its founders." Now, news on the other firm he heads up, the financial services and payments company Square Inc.: It'...
Jack Dorsey: Yes,
I'm Leaving Twitter
Nov 29, 2021 10:29 AM CST
Jack Dorsey: Yes, I'm Leaving Twitter
CEO confirms that he's leaving his post, effective immediately
This file has been updated throughout with confirmation of early reports
.) Jack Dorsey is leaving his role as CEO of Twitter. After CNBC reported the news on Monday, Twitter and Dorsey himself confirmed. "I've decided to leave Twitter because I believe the company is ready to...
Got a Warning
About Coup ...
From a Prince
Nov 10, 2021 2:51 AM CST
Jack Dorsey Got a Warning About Coup ... From a Prince
Prince Harry says he sent Twitter boss an email on Jan. 5, never got a reply
- On Jan. 5, Prince Harry sent Jack Dorsey an email. "I warned him his platform was allowing a coup to be staged," the British royal said at the virtual RE:WIRED conference Tuesday. The following day, a mob stormed the US Capitol, and Harry says he never got...
Buyers Bid Millions For
Jack Dorsey's First Tweet
Mar 7, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Buyers Bid Millions For Jack Dorsey's First Tweet
Offers for the Twitter co-founder's post have reached $2.5M
- Jack Dorsey's first ever tweet is up for auction and bids have reached $2.5 million. You read that right, someone wants to offer about what some Americans might earn in a lifetime for the Twitter co-founder's 2006 message "just setting up my twttr." And it'...
Twitter CEO: Trump Ban
Represents a 'Failure'
Jan 14, 2021 2:00 AM CST
Twitter CEO: Trump Ban Represents a 'Failure'
But Jack Dorsey says it was still the right move
- Jack Dorsey mused in a long Twitter thread Wednesday over one question: Was the social media network's banning of President Trump the right move? Ultimately, the Twitter CEO says that it was, because "offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real," and there were...
Twitter Might Want
to Think This Through
Jan 9, 2021 5:10 PM CST
Twitter Might Want to Think This Through
Columnist writes the implications are many, surely, but unclear
- Twitter's decision to permanently bar President Trump is in opposition to a decades-long movement to banish media filters. It raises many questions, John Harris writes in Politico , and he poses the first one to Twitter itself: "Are you sure about this?" The implications of Twitter's move aren'...
Facebook, Twitter CEOs
Face Angry GOP Senators
Nov 17, 2020 7:03 PM CST
Facebook, Twitter CEOs Face Angry GOP Senators
Lawmakers accused them of anti-conservative bias
- Two social media CEOs appeared for another grilling by a Senate panel Tuesday, with senators from both parties expressing concerns about their content moderation policies. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey appeared remotely at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, where Republican lawmakers accused them of anti-conservative bias,...
Ted Cruz to Twitter CEO:
'Who the Hell Elected You?'
Oct 28, 2020 1:28 PM CDT
Ted Cruz to Twitter CEO: 'Who the Hell Elected You?'
He accuses Dorsey of committing felony
- Sen. Ted Cruz gave Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey an earful at a testy Senate Commerce Committee hearing Wednesday. The Republican slammed Dorsey over the company's decision to restrict tweets relating to a controversial
New York Post
story about Hunter Biden , the
reports. "Mr. Dorsey, who the hell...
Oct 15, 2020 1:38 PM CDT
Controversy Widens Over
Story on Bidens
Senate panel plans to subpoena Twitter CEO over restrictions on story
- The controversy over a
New York Post
story about Joe and Hunter Biden is apparently not going to fade quickly. The Senate Judiciary Committee plans to vote next week to subpoena Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey over the site's decision to restrict tweets and retweets about the story, reports the...
Twitter in 'Very Early Phases'
of Building Subscription Model
Jul 24, 2020 9:18 AM CDT
Twitter in 'Very Early Phases' of Building Subscription Model
Jack Dorsey says test version will be out this year
- With ad revenues down sharply, Twitter is looking at another way of making money: getting people to pay for using Twitter. CEO Jack Dorsey says the company is in the "very, very early phases of exploring" a subscription plan for the social media site and will likely launch a...
Twitter CEO Announces New
Company Holiday 'Forevermore'
Jun 10, 2020 8:42 AM CDT
Twitter CEO Announces New Company Holiday 'Forevermore'
Jack Dorsey says Twitter will make Juneteenth an official company holiday for US workers
- As company after company puts out ads and sends out emails expressing their support for black Americans in the wake of the killing of George Floyd ,
notes that some, especially in the tech world, have been slammed for being all talk, no action. Twitter is looking to separate itself...
Pull the Plug
May 31, 2020 8:07 AM CDT
Please, Jack, Pull the Plug on Trump
Maureen Dowd wants Twitter CEO to take away the president's 140-character bully pulpit
- Calling the president of the United States and Twitter "a match made in hell," Maureen Dowd is calling for Jack Dorsey to "pull the plug on" President Trump's account. "You could answer the existential question of whether @realDonaldTrump even exists if he doesn’t exist...
Now Has a Label
on His Tweets
May 28, 2020 3:43 PM CDT
Chinese Spokesman Now Has a Label on His Tweets
'Get the facts' caution is the same message added to Trump's posts
- More than two months after it was posted, an accusation by a Chinese government spokesman has received a "Get the facts" label from Twitter—the same caution that was added to a couple of President Trump's tweets this week. Zhao Lijian of the foreign ministry had tweeted , "...
Move in Twitter War:
May 28, 2020 12:55 AM CDT
Trump's Next Move in Twitter War: Executive Order
Though it's not clear how much authority POTUS has to regulate social media
- President Trump's feud with Twitter continues. The latest: White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters Wednesday night that the POTUS will soon sign an executive order aimed at social media companies, the AP reports. White House strategic communications director Alyssa Farah said the move would come Thursday, but...
Widower of Scarborough Aide
Asks Twitter to Act on Trump
May 26, 2020 10:50 AM CDT
Widower of Scarborough Aide Asks Twitter to Act on Trump
Timothy Klausutis wants president's murder conspiracy tweets deleted
- The widower of a former congressional staffer of Joe Scarborough has gone directly to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey with a plea: Delete President Trump's conspiracy theories suggesting that Scarborough killed his wife. Trump has been pushing the idea hard of late that Scarborough, now at MSNBC, played a role...
May 21, 2020 1:15 PM CDT
Jack Dorsey Spends Big on Universal Basic Income
Twitter CEO donates $5M to be distributed through Andrew Yang's program
- Jack Dorsey, the billionaire CEO of Twitter and Square, is donating $5 million to the nonprofit created by Andrew Yang to make the case for a universal basic income in America. Dorsey, a donor to the former Democratic presidential candidate's campaign, announced the donation to Humanity Forward while appearing...
Twitter: Our Employees Never
Have to Go Back to the Office
May 12, 2020 1:08 PM CDT
Twitter: Our Employees Never Have to Go Back to the Office
So long as they have a job that can be done remotely
- It's pajama pants forever for Twitter employees—should they want that life. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Tuesday told his workforce that they will be permitted to work from home forever, with the exception of those jobs that can't be done remotely, like server maintenance. A rep speaking...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops: 'Catfishing' Leads to Triple Homicide
Court Sides With Man Fired for Avoiding Workplace 'Fun'
Wolf Researchers: 'We Just Open-Mouthed Stared at Each Other'
One of US' Oldest Kidnapping Cases Has a Surprise Ending
Merriam-Webster Chooses Its Word of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.