Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oct 13, 2021 7:35 PM CDT
Facebook Moves Against Bullying Campaigns, Adds Celebrity Protection
After whistleblower's testimony, company takes certain internal chat groups private
- Mentioning that Wednesday was National Bullying Prevention and Awareness Day, Facebook announced a number of steps to protect people from harassment on its site. Antigone Davis, Facebook's global head of safety, posted the new policies, Engadget reports, saying they're intended to better protect users—"particularly those who...
3 Women Charged in NYC
Restaurant Melee Over COVID
Oct 6, 2021 10:25 AM CDT
3 Women Charged in NYC Restaurant Melee Over COVID
Carmine's says there's no proof its hostess used a racial slur
Three woman who were recorded allegedly attacking a NYC restaurant hostess in a September dust-up over proof of vaccination were arraigned Tuesday on charges of third-degree assault, attempted assault, and harassment. The
New York Post
reports Sally Rechelle Lewis, 49; Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin, 44; Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, 21, could...
Couple Sues eBay Over
Roaches and Other Harassment
Jul 21, 2021 4:40 PM CDT
Couple Sues eBay Over Roaches and Other Harassment
David, Ina Steiner say company was trying to 'stifle their reporting on eBay'
- A Massachusetts couple subjected to threats and other bizarre harassment from former eBay employees filed a civil lawsuit against the Silicon Valley giant on Wednesday. David and Ina Steiner say in their lawsuit filed in Boston federal court that the company engaged in a conspiracy to "intimidate, threaten to...
FBI: Woman, 46, Cyberbullied
Teen Boys for Years
Apr 23, 2021 9:10 AM CDT
FBI: Woman, 46, Cyberbullied Teen Boys for Years
'Traumatized' victims were forced to change their numbers, and seek therapy
- A California woman could face 10 years behind bars for an alleged years-long harassment campaign against three boys who dated a girl identified as her "co-conspirator." According to a DOJ press release, "In each case, after the relationship ended, [Ramajana Hidic] Demirovic engaged in a campaign to...
Tucker Carlson's New Fight
Is With a
Mar 12, 2021 9:53 AM CST
Tucker Carlson's New Fight Is With a
Newspaper says he launched a 'calculated and cruel' campaign against Taylor Lorenz
- A debate over online harassment started with a tweet from
New York Times
tech reporter Taylor Lorenz. For International Women's Day, "please consider supporting women enduring online harassment," she said. "It’s not an exaggeration to say that the harassment and smear campaign I’ve had...
2 CBS Execs on Leave
After Newspaper Exposé
Jan 26, 2021 1:21 PM CST
2 CBS Execs on Leave After Newspaper Exposé
Peter Dunn and David Friend accused of racism, sexism in 'Los Angeles Times' investigation
- Two high-level CBS executives have been suspended after the
Los Angeles Times
reported that employees accused them of sexist and racist behavior. Peter Dunn and David Friend are on administrative leave while an outside investigation is conducted, per the
New York Times
. Dunne is president of CBS television stations, and...
Cops: Disney Worker in Fla.
Helped Victim of Assault in Pa.
Jan 25, 2021 8:36 AM CST
Cops: Disney Worker in Fla. Helped Victim of Assault in Pa.
Employee alerted police after woman calling for Disney tickets indicated she was in trouble
- A quick-thinking Disney World worker may have helped save a life nearly 1,000 miles away. According to Northern York County Regional Police, the Orlando employee got an alarming phone call close to midnight on Jan. 9, with the Pennsylvania woman on the other end at first making a normal...
Billionaire Offers to End 'Petty'
$1M Fight. Foe Says Nope
in case you missed it
Dec 12, 2020 12:10 PM CST
Billionaire Offers to End 'Petty' $1M Fight. Foe Says Nope
It's all over an expensive lawn sculpture Pimco co-founder erected in his yard in Laguna Beach
- "I do not willingly back down from a fight," says billionaire Bill Gross, who's engaged in a legal battle with his Laguna Beach neighbor over a $1 million lawn sculpture. But even the Pimco co-founder says he's had enough of this "petty" disagreement amid a...
Black Professor Ordered
to Show ID in Her Home
Aug 25, 2020 1:44 AM CDT
Black Professor Ordered to Show ID in Her Home
Danielle Fuentes Morgan, in her home, was told to prove she's on the Santa Clara faculty
- Black people can face harassment anywhere in America, Danielle Fuentes Morgan said, even on the campus of a peaceful Jesuit university. "I wasn't surprised," she told the
t. "I was just hurt that it was taking place in this place that I love."...
After Woman Tapes Sign to
Door, Neighbors Face Charges
Aug 18, 2020 3:05 PM CDT
After Woman Tapes Sign to Door, Neighbors Face Charges
Black woman says she was harassed for years
- A Long Island couple accused of waging a years-long campaign of harassment against their Black neighbor were arrested Monday. John McEneaney, 57, was charged with criminal mischief and harassment and Mindy Canarick, 53, was charged with criminal tampering, NBC reports. Registered nurse Jennifer McLeggan says the harassment began as soon...
They Retweeted a Cop's
Photo, Got Charged
With a Felony
in case you missed it
Aug 9, 2020 1:15 PM CDT
They Retweeted a Cop's Photo, Got Charged With a Felony
New Jersey police say it was 'cyber harassment'
- Five people are facing felony charges for tweeting or retweeting a photo of a New Jersey cop in a Blue Lives Matter face mask. When protester Kevin Alfaro tweeted a photo of the Nutley officer, saying, "If anyone knows who this b---- is throw his info under this tweet,...
Asked to Wear Masks, Guys
Instead Start Trader Joe's Brawl
Jul 29, 2020 7:50 AM CDT
Asked to Wear Masks, Guys Instead Start Trader Joe's Brawl
Numerous charges stem from July 14 assault at Manhattan store
- Eight employees of a Trader Joe's in New York City were reportedly injured in a confrontation with two men who refused to wear masks. Employees had asked the men to leave the Manhattan store on East 32nd Street around 8:50pm on July 14 as they weren't following...
Feds: EBay Staff Sent Roaches,
Pig Fetus to Critical Couple
Jun 16, 2020 9:35 AM CDT
Feds: EBay Staff Sent Roaches, Pig Fetus to Critical Couple
6 former employees charged in scheme to harass newsletter staff
- Six former employees of eBay were so "enraged" over a newsletter for eBay sellers that they sent the authors a pile of horrible stuff, including live cockroaches and spiders, a preserved pig fetus, and a bloody pig-face mask, say federal authorities. Involvement in the scheme to "emotionally and...
Only Girl on School
She Scored Twice
Mar 5, 2020 12:48 PM CST
Fans Mocked Only Girl on School Hockey Team. She Scored Twice
Fans yelled insults about Alyssa Wruble, put up a 'gender reveal' sign
- With two older brothers, a longtime love of ice hockey, and a competitive streak that enables her to brush off low-key trash-talking during games, Pennsylvania teen Alyssa Wruble knows what it is to be tough. As the only girl on Northampton Area High School's varsity team, the 17-year-old tells...
Cops: Man Made Woman Watch
to Confront Her 'Racism'
Feb 18, 2020 9:04 AM CST
Cops: Man Made Woman Watch
to Confront Her 'Racism'
Robert Noye allegedly threatened the woman in his home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- An Iowa man was arrested Monday after being accused of employing an unusual attempt to school a woman on prejudice and discrimination. The
reports that 52-year-old Robert Lee Noye is facing charges of first-degree harassment and false imprisonment after he allegedly forced a woman at his Cedar Rapids home...
Man Gets 15-Plus Years
for Burning Pride Flag
Dec 20, 2019 10:15 AM CST
Man Gets 15-Plus Years for Burning Pride Flag
Adolfo Martinez said it was his 'honor' to set LGBT banner on fire in Ames, Iowa
- An Iowa man will have a lot of time to reflect on how burning an LGBTQ flag in June wasn't the right move. The AP reports that Adolfo Martinez, 30, was convicted last month, and Wednesday he was sentenced to at least 15 years behind bars for an arson...
Over Worker Suicides
Dec 20, 2019 9:50 AM CST
Bosses Jailed Over Worker Suicides
French court recognizes 'institutional harassment'
- In a landmark case, three former executives at France Telecom have been jailed over workplace policies linked to the suicides or attempted suicides of more than 30 employees. Ex-president and CEO Didier Lombard, deputy Olivier Barberot, and Louis-Pierre Wenès, former director of human resources, were sentenced Friday to a...
She Scolded His Parking,
3 Years of Stalking Followed
Dec 16, 2019 2:29 PM CST
She Scolded His Parking, 3 Years of Stalking Followed
Frank Abbott Sweeney, 76, is sentenced to 51 months
- If a 4-year sentence for sending some harassing postcards sounds overly harsh, consider the case of Frank Abbott Sweeney. The 76-year-old Boise, Idaho, man was sentenced to 51 months in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to six counts of stalking, and the
reports it all began with a...
Cops: NY Woman Harassed
Toddler With Rare Disorder
Nov 11, 2019 8:11 AM CST
Cops: NY Woman Harassed Toddler With Rare Disorder
Krista Sewell is accused of stalking 2-year-old Anna, who has condition that makes her skin split
- "Over the past year, I have fought a battle I never thought I would fight and I felt fear no mother should feel," says Jennie Riley. The battle the upstate New York mom refers to is that of a harassment campaign against her toddler, allegedly carried out by...
Feel Like Shouting
Not Smart in NYC
Oct 1, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
Feel Like Shouting 'Speak English'? Not Smart in NYC
City issues ban on discriminatory rhetoric like 'illegal alien,' threatening to call ICE to harass
- New York City is cracking down on xenophobia, with new guidelines that ban calling people "illegal aliens" in an attempt to "demean, humiliate, or harass" them; threatening to call Immigration and Customs Enforcement in an attempt to discriminate; or telling anyone to "speak English" or "go...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Climber Found Box of Gems on Mont Blanc in 2013. Now, a Windfall
Guy Who Helped Shooting Suspect's Parents Identifies Self
CEO's 'Cold' Zoom Call: 'I Come to You With Not Great News'
Black Couple 'Whitewashed' Home, Saw Appraisal Jump
Restaurant Apologizes for Asking Cops to Leave
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.