Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Toddler to Release First Album,
Recorded While Still a Fetus
Feb 3, 2021 8:44 AM CST
Toddler to Release First Album, Recorded While Still a Fetus
Luca Yupanqui's 'Sounds of the Unborn' comes out on April 2
- If Nirvana hadn't named its final studio album
, Luca Yupanqui may have had the perfect name for her own debut. Instead, the US toddler will have to settle for the slightly wordier
Sounds of the Unborn
when her album drops on April 2, the results of her...
Has a Midnight
Jul 23, 2020 10:10 AM CDT
Taylor Swift Has a Midnight Surprise
30-year-old star is dropping her 8th studio album, 'Folklore,' tonight
- Taylor Swift has been keeping busy lately fighting with Kanye and Kim , releasing coronavirus PSAs , and pushing back at President Trump. She's been so busy, in fact, that we almost forgot she does music for a living—until her surprise tweet Thursday morning to announce that later on, at...
Dalai Lama Marks 85th
Birthday in a Big Way
Jul 6, 2020 10:15 AM CDT
Dalai Lama Marks 85th Birthday in a Big Way
Spiritual leader's first album, 'Inner World,' drops to help us 'transcend our differences'
- If you've been anxiously waiting for the Dalai Lama's first album to drop, your wait is over (and the album can help you with some of that residual anxiety).
debuts Monday, on the occasion of the Buddhist spiritual leader's 85th birthday, leaving him on track...
Elvis Held This
Record for 60
Just Broke It
Feb 24, 2020 7:47 AM CST
Elvis Held This Record for 60 Years. Bieber Just Broke It
The Biebs claims 7th No. 1 album as solo artist at age 25; Presley was 26 when he did the same
- Nearly six decades ago, Elvis Presley won bragging rights to an impressive feat: In 1961, with his
album, the 26-year-old King became the youngest individual to have seven No. 1 albums on the US charts. The late legend's record just got smashed, however, at the hands of...
Here Are 2018's
10 Best Albums
Nov 26, 2018 6:00 PM CST
Here Are 2018's 10 Best Albums
These are some of the year's most beloved releases
- The sheer volume of music (no pun intended) available to listeners both casual and obsessive in the streaming age is vast to say the least. But in this era of self-curated and Spotify-created playlists,
wants folks to know the art of the album is still alive and well. To...
There's Still Time
Sep 26, 2017 9:40 AM CDT
There's Still Time to Overthrow 2017's Most Popular Album
Drake comes in at No. 1 (so far) with 'More Life'
- The year's not yet over, but inquiring minds are already wondering if Lorde has managed to trump Lana and whether it's Jay-Z's tunes or the surprise return of his hyphen that continues to capture people's attention (it appears to be the former). 24/7 Wall St. has...
The 10 Best
Jun 24, 2017 12:44 PM CDT
The 10 Best Heavy Metal Albums Ever
'Rolling Stone' list includes 2 from Black Sabbath
- Maybe 1986 should be remembered as a standout year in the world of heavy metal. Why? Well, three of the top 10 albums on
's list of the 100 greatest metal albums of all time were released that year. The best of the best metal albums from...
10 Best Albums
Dec 5, 2016 11:03 AM CST
10 Best Albums of 2016
David Bowie and Leonard Cohen's final goodbyes make the list
- This year has been a long one, a fact not lost even on the escapist music world. In the preface to its annual "best albums" list,
notes that "2016 was seemingly hardwired to self-destruct," complete with "explicitly political R&B molotovs" from Beyonce and...
Jul 4, 2015 8:54 AM CDT
5 Best of Albums of 2015, So Far
Paste runs them down
- The folks at Paste are taking stock at the halfway point of the year to list the best of albums of 2015 to date. Their top 5:
Father John Misty,
I Love You Honeybear
Its "most striking moments meditate on the sublime and deeply complicated art of sharing life
Music's Vinyl Revival
Is Getting Ridiculous
Mar 19, 2013 4:40 PM CDT
Music's Vinyl Revival Is Getting Ridiculous
Jason Heller: This movement may have 'jumped the shark'
- Jason Heller loves vinyl albums, so much so that he accumulated 6,000 LPs at the height of collecting frenzy. He's done now, though, he writes in an essay headlined "Has the vinyl revival gone too far?" at AV Club . Consider that Kenny Rogers is coming out with...
Only 1 Album
Jan 28, 2012 10:23 AM CST
10 Notable Bands With Only 1 Album
Lauryn Hill, Jeff Buckley, and the Sex Pistols make the list
- It's one way to avoid the sophomore slump: Paste counts down 10 singers or bands whose first album set the music world abuzz and whose official second album simply never materialized:
Popular on Newser
Great Barrier Reef Just 'Gave Birth'
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.