Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Suspect in Murder
of Illinois Family Found
Dead in Vehicle
Sep 20, 2023 5:45 PM CDT
Suspect in Murder of Illinois Family Found Dead in Vehicle
Investigators believe Nathaniel Huey Jr. shot himself after police chase, crash
- A suspect in the killings of a Chicago-area family and their three dogs died on a highway in Oklahoma on Wednesday, authorities say. Romeoville Deputy Chief Chris Burne said 31-year-old Illinois resident Nathaniel Huey Jr. and a woman also considered a person of interest were in a vehicle that police...
Idaho Shooting Suspect: I
'Lost It' After Man Exposed Self
Jun 21, 2023 11:45 AM CDT
Idaho Shooting Suspect: I 'Lost It' After Man Exposed Self
31-year-old charged in shooting deaths of 4 neighbors
- The 31-year-old Idaho man charged in the killings of four neighbors says he "lost it" after one of the victims exposed himself to his wife and daughters five days earlier. As NBC News reports, Majorjon Kaylor stands charged with four counts of murder in the deaths of his downstairs...
Text From Rapist
Among 7 Dead in
Is All on You'
May 3, 2023 10:30 AM CDT
Text From Rapist Among 7 Dead in Oklahoma: 'This Is All on You'
Family members say Jesse McFadden lashed out on eve of child pornography trial
- Family members of some of the seven people found dead Monday on the rural Oklahoma property of Jesse McFadden believe the convicted rapist killed his wife, his three teenage stepchildren, and two friends of his stepdaughter before killing himself in the hours before he was to appear in a Muskogee...
Woman Says Oklahoma Victims
Include Daughter, 3 Grandkids
May 2, 2023 4:35 PM CDT
Woman Says Oklahoma Victims Include Daughter, 3 Grandkids
She says Jesse McFadden was controlling, 'standoffish'
- Officials in Okmulgee County, Oklahoma haven't confirmed the names and causes of death of all seven people found dead on a rural property Monday, but a grim picture is emerging through statements from family members. Janette Mayo tells the AP that the sheriff's office informed her late Monday...
Nashville Killer Planned
'Mass Murder' for Years: Police
Apr 3, 2023 5:04 PM CDT
Nashville Killer Planned 'Mass Murder' for Years: Police
Shooter studied other mass murderers, department says
- The killer of six people at a Nashville school planned the attack for months, police said Monday—preparation that included studying other mass murderers. The plans were detailed in journals found in Audrey Hale's car and bedroom, a department statement said. They're now being reviewed by Nashville investigators...
Before Arrest, Canada Suspect
Broke Into Woman's Home
Sep 8, 2022 6:19 AM CDT
Before Arrest, Canada Suspect Broke Into Woman's Home
Police sources say Myles Sanderson died from self-inflicted wounds
- Four days of fear in Saskatchewan ended Wednesday with the arrest of the only surviving suspect in Sunday's stabbing rampage—but Myles Sanderson died soon afterward , meaning authorities may never know his motive. Police sources tell the
that the 32-year-old died from self-inflicted wounds and a knife was...
Mounties Say Possible Sighting
of Suspect Was False Alarm
Sep 6, 2022 6:54 PM CDT
Mounties Say Possible Sighting of Suspect Was False Alarm
Officers searching for Myles Sanderson had surrounded home on Saskatchewan reserve
This story has been updated with new developments
. The Mounties said Tuesday that Myles Sanderson , the surviving suspect in Sunday's stabbing rampage, was not on the James Smith Cree Nation, the Indigenous reserve in Saskatchewan where many of the 10 dead and 18 injured were found. Hours earlier, people...
10 Killed, 15 Wounded
in Canada Stabbing Rampage
Sep 4, 2022 7:25 PM CDT
10 Killed, 15 Wounded in Canada Stabbing Rampage
Police in Saskatchewan are searching for 2 suspects after apparently random attacks
- A series of stabbings at an Indigenous community and at another town nearby in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan left 10 people dead and 15 wounded, Canadian police said Sunday as they searched for two suspects. The stabbings took place in multiple locations on the James Smith Cree Nation and...
Utah Teen Pleads Guilty to
Killing Mother, 3 Siblings
Jul 19, 2022 8:49 PM CDT
Utah Teen Pleads Guilty to Killing Mother, 3 Siblings
Colin Jeffery Haynie was 16 years old when he tried to kill his entire family
: A Utah man pleaded guilty Tuesday to fatally shooting his mother and three siblings in early 2020, when he was 16 years old. Colin Jeffery Haynie, now 19, killed his mother and one of his sisters as they returned from her school pickup, then waited for two more siblings...
2008 'Lane Bryant' Murders
Receive New Interest
Feb 2, 2022 3:29 PM CST
2008 'Lane Bryant' Murders Receive New Interest
2 new detectives have been put on the case
- A mass murder that took place at a Chicago-area Lane Bryant 14 years ago remains unsolved, but authorities hope a new pair of detectives will change that, FOX 32 reports. Four customers and two employees—all women—were shot at close range during what was likely an attempted robbery at...
Cops Seek Suspect
After 4 'Gruesome' Killings
Jun 2, 2021 3:16 PM CDT
Cops Seek Suspect After 4 'Gruesome' Killings
Police say Cohen Bennet Hancz-Barron should be considered 'extremely dangerous'
- Three children and a woman were found slain Wednesday morning in a Fort Wayne home, and police asked for the public’s help finding a man they called the suspect in the killings. Police said Cohen Bennet Hancz-Barron, 21, was last seen driving a stolen pickup truck and is "...
Cops: Maryland Man's Killing
Rampage Started With Parents
Mar 29, 2021 6:08 PM CDT
Cops: Maryland Man's Killing Rampage Started With Parents
Police have 'no idea' why Joshua Green killed 4 before setting his apartment on fire
- Police in Maryland say they have "no idea" why a 27-year-old man killed four people, including his parents, before taking his own life Sunday. Investigators say Joshua Green's rampage started at his parents' home in Baldwin, where the bodies of 58-year-old Douglas Green and 62-year-old Olivia Green were...
Cops: Spa Shootings Suspect
Blamed 'Sexual Addiction'
Mar 17, 2021 12:22 PM CDT
Cops: Spa Shootings Suspect Blamed 'Sexual Addiction'
They say Robert Aaron Long denied racism was the motive for 8 Atlanta-area killings
- The 21-year-old man accused of killing eight people Tuesday at three Atlanta-area massage parlors, most of them women of Asian descent, claims racism wasn't the motive, police say. Cherokee County Sheriff Frank Reynolds says Robert Aaron Long indicated he has issues, "potentially sexual addiction," and "may...
'Twitter Killer' Hears His Fate
Dec 15, 2020 6:40 AM CST
'Twitter Killer' Hears His Fate
Takahiro Shiraishi gets death after pleading guilty to murdering, dismembering 9 in Japan
- The "Twitter Killer" of Japan has heard his fate, and he didn't react. Takahiro Shiraishi received the death penalty Tuesday after pleading guilty in September for the murder and dismemberment of nine people, and the judge who handed down the sentence had to ask if the "stone-faced"...
7 Shot Dead at
Marijuana Grow House
Sep 8, 2020 6:13 PM CDT
7 Shot Dead at Marijuana Grow House
No arrests made after California slayings
- A possible robbery attempt turned into mass murder at a California grow house on Labor Day. Police say seven people were shot dead early Monday at the apparently illegal operation in Aguanga, Riverside County, NBC Los Angeles reports. Police say that after deputies responded to a reported assault with a...
Man Who Killed 8
Gets 4 Death Sentences
Feb 28, 2020 12:34 AM CST
Man Who Killed 8 Gets 4 Death Sentences
Willie Godbolt blamed devil for Mississippi murders
- A Mississippi man was given four death sentences by a jury on Thursday, hours after he spoke in court and blamed the devil for his actions the night eight people were shot to death . Willie Cory Godbolt, 37, was convicted Tuesday of the May 2017 slayings of eight people, reports...
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh'
Treatment, Does This to Protest
Feb 26, 2020 9:50 AM CST
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh' Treatment, Does This to Protest
Mass murderer went on hunger strike after he says he was 'targeted by staff' in Indiana federal prison
- In a Feb. 13 letter, mass murderer Dylann Roof told the AP he was "several days" into a hunger strike in protest of "harsh" treatment inside a federal prison in Indiana. The 25-year-old white supremacist said he'd been "targeted by staff," "verbally harassed and...
Juvenile Utah Boy Held
in Murder of His Family
Jan 19, 2020 7:21 AM CST
Juvenile Utah Boy Held in Murder of His Family
4 dead, 1 injured in Friday night shooting
- A Utah family is shattered after a Friday night shooting that left four members dead, one injured, and a teenage boy charged with firing the weapon that inflicted the carnage, reports the
Salt Lake Tribune
. Police haven't made identifications or clarified relationships, but say all involved lived at the...
2019 Was a Bad Year
for One Kind of Killing
Dec 14, 2019 11:30 AM CST
2019 Was a Bad Year for One Kind of Killing
From Burkina Faso to California, houses of worship came under deadly fire
- On Dec. 1, a band of assailants opened fire on worshippers at a small-town Protestant church in Burkina Faso, an impoverished West African country where the Christian minority is increasingly a target of attacks. The victims included the pastor and several teenage boys; regional authorities attributed the attack to “...
White Girl Accused of
Plotting 'Horrific' Attack
Nov 19, 2019 4:25 PM CST
White Girl Accused of Plotting 'Horrific' Attack
But Georgia police say they arrested her in time
- Georgia police have arrested a 16-year-old girl for allegedly planning to attack and murder people in a mostly black church—with knives, no less, ABC News reports. The girl, who is white and remains unidentified, has been charged with criminal attempt to commit murder. Her alleged target: Bethel African Methodist...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Surfer Hit the Water, Heard 'Crunch, Crunch, Crunch'
Fetterman Takes On Senate Dress-Code Fury With Boebert Jab
'Like Living in a Horror Film' After Minks Escape From Farm
A Day Into Military Assault, Victory Is Declared
One Republican Comes to Garland's Defense in Hearing
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.