Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Connecticut State Trooper Has
Kept His Sandy Hook Promise
Dec 14, 2022 6:55 AM CST
Connecticut State Trooper Has Kept His Sandy Hook Promise
Survivors, family members, first responders, and others look back on 10th anniversary of massacre
- Wednesday is the 10th anniversary of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary , in which a gunman massacred 20 first-graders and six adults in Newtown, Connecticut. In the decade since, the victims' families have struggled with a painful new life without their loved ones, and the town of Newtown has...
Experts: Alex Jones
Looking at Financial Ruin
Oct 14, 2022 9:27 AM CDT
Experts: Alex Jones Looking at Financial Ruin
Unable to pay the full penalty, 'he may be forced to live a subsistence type of life'
- The $965 million awarded to 15 Connecticut plaintiffs who suffered from Infowars host Alex Jones' promotion of the lie that the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School was a hoax is "the largest defamation verdict in US history, certainly on compensatory damages," University of California law professor...
Sep 23, 2022 2:36 PM CDT
After Rant, Alex Jones Delays Next Testimony
Lawyer says it's an effort to 'lower the temperature' in Connecticut courtroom
- Given Alex Jones' angry outburst in court on Thursday, his lawyer has decided he's in no hurry to put the Infowars host back on the stand. Norm Pattis told the Connecticut court Friday he'll call Jones to the stand next week,
reports. "We think that...
Alex Jones Arrives at Court,
Calls Judge a 'Tyrant'
Sep 20, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
Alex Jones Arrives at Court, Calls Judge a 'Tyrant'
Infowars host is again facing penalties for his Sandy Hook conspiracy theories
- A defiant Alex Jones arrived at a Connecticut courthouse Tuesday, declaring his innocence despite already being found liable for spreading the lie that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax, per the AP . A jury has been hearing evidence for a week to determine how much Jones must...
Alex Jones of
Aug 26, 2022 5:00 AM CDT
Lawyers Accuse Alex Jones of Hiding Assets
'Alex Jones is not financially bankrupt; he is morally bankrupt'
- Lawyers for the families of Sandy Hook victims say Alex Jones has been shuffling millions of dollars between relatives and companies while claiming to be bankrupt. The families have asked a federal bankruptcy court to appoint a trustee to take charge of Free Speech Systems, the parent company of the...
Roger Stone Asks
People to Donate
to Alex Jones
Aug 8, 2022 12:30 AM CDT
Roger Stone Asks People to Donate to Alex Jones
Trump ally made the call after punitive damages verdict came out
- Roger Stone is calling for supporters to send donations to Alex Jones after the Infowars host was ordered to pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre. Jones was also hit with a verdict of $4.1...
of Slain 6-Year-Old
Aug 3, 2022 12:10 AM CDT
Alex Jones Takes Stand, Addresses Parents of Slain 6-Year-Old
Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis got into a heated exchange with him later
- The parents of Jesse Lewis, who was murdered at 6 years old in the Sandy Hook massacre, took the stand Tuesday in the trial to determine what damages Alex Jones owes for defamation. Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis said the conspiracy theorist Infowars radio host made their lives "hell,...
Amid Trial, Alex Jones
Makes Bankruptcy Move
Jul 31, 2022 8:45 AM CDT
Amid Trial, Alex Jones Makes Bankruptcy Move
He puts parent company of Infowars into Chapter 11 protection
- Amid the first of three trials to determine how much he must pay because of his admitted Sandy Hook lies, Alex Jones made an unexpected financial move on Friday, reports
. Jones put Free Speech Systems, the parent company of his Infowars media empire, into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection....
Flips Off Another
in Alex Jones Case
Jul 29, 2022 9:08 AM CDT
One Attorney Flips Off Another in Alex Jones Case
Things got testy after court adjourned
- Things got testy in an Austin courtroom this week in Alex Jones' Sandy Hook trial . Video from the Law & Crime Network catches Jones attorney Andino Reynal flipping the middle finger to Mark Bankston, an attorney for Sandy Hook parents. As the
reports, their exchange happened after court...
Sandy Hook Family Has a
Dollar Amount for Alex Jones
Jul 27, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Family Has a Dollar Amount for Alex Jones
They say he should pay them $150M
- For the first time, a Sandy Hook victim's family has named a price they believe Alex Jones should pay for defaming them with his lies about the Dec. 14, 2012, mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. The lawyer for the parents of Jesse Lewis, one of the 20...
Jul 26, 2022 7:59 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Parents Get Their Turn Against Jones
They will testify about the toll his lies took in trial to determine how much he owes
- Alex Jones' legal and financial troubles for spreading lies about the Sandy Hook mass shooting reach a critical point Tuesday as a trial begins in Texas to determine how much he owes. And as the
New York Times
reports, parents of the young victims will testify themselves about how Jones'...
After $75K in Fines,
Alex Jones Finally
Sits for Deposition
Apr 7, 2022 1:19 AM CDT
After $75K in Fines, Alex Jones Finally Sits for Deposition
He then immediately applied for the money to be returned to him
- Alex Jones was questioned Wednesday by lawyers for families of Sandy Hook victims in Connecticut, where a judge had ordered the Infowars host to face mounting fines until he appeared for a deposition, the AP reports. Relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012...
to Be Fined
$25K a Day
Until He Is
Mar 31, 2022 1:03 AM CDT
Alex Jones to Be Fined $25K a Day Until He Is Deposed
Right-winger claimed he was sick, but he somehow made it into studio to record his radio show
Alex Jones will be fined $25,000 for each weekday that he fails to appear for a deposition in a lawsuit brought against him by the families of some of the victims of the Sandy Hook elementary school mass shooting. A Connecticut judge found him in contempt of court...
Nix Alex Jones'
Mar 30, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families Quickly Nix Alex Jones' Settlement Offer
Lawyers say Jones is just trying to 'escape a public reckoning'
- Infowars host Alex Jones offered to pay $120,000 per plaintiff to resolve a lawsuit by relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims who said he defamed them by asserting the massacre never happened, according to court filings Tuesday. The offer was quickly rejected by the families, the AP...
Judge Makes Rare Move in
Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Nov 15, 2021 12:06 PM CST
Judge Makes Rare Move in Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Infowars host is guilty by default in Connecticut defamation case, just as he was in Texas
- Alex Jones is now 0 for 4 in defamation cases brought by parents of victims in the Sandy Hook school shooting. On Monday, a judge in Connecticut took the rare step of finding Jones guilty by default because he repeatedly refused to hand over documents pertinent to the trial, reports...
Jones Loses Sandy Hook
Cases by Default
Oct 1, 2021 10:55 AM CDT
Jones Loses Sandy Hook Cases by Default
Conspiracy theorist repeatedly failed to comply with orders to provide documents
- Alex Jones has lost two more court cases and is going to have to pay more damages to the families of children killed in a mass shooting he claimed was a hoax. A Texas judge has issued two rare default judgments against Jones and his conspiracy theorist media outlet, Infowars,...
Gunmaker Goes After Sandy
Hook Kids' School Records
Sep 4, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Gunmaker Goes After Sandy Hook Kids' School Records
Parents want them sealed
- The gunmaker being sued by parents of students killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting has subpeonaed the school records of nine slain students and educators, per the CT Post . Per the
, Remington Arms--maker of the firearm used by a 20-year-old gunman to kill 26 at the Newtown,...
Gunmaker Has a Number
for Sandy Hook Families
Jul 29, 2021 8:40 AM CDT
Gunmaker Has a Number for Sandy Hook Families
Gunmaker offers $33M in lawsuit, though it's far less than what families of shooting victims sought
- Remington has made an offer to the nine Sandy Hook families that are suing it. The settlement number the gunmaker has come up with, presented in Tuesday court documents: $33 million, subject to approval by the Alabama judge overseeing its bankruptcy case, per CNN . That means each family would receive...
Sandy Hook Families:
Us 18K Cartoons
Jul 8, 2021 10:50 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families: Gunmaker Sent Us 18K Cartoons
Motion tied to suit alleges Remington handed over tens of thousands of 'random' files to stall
- A gunmaker sued in 2014 by nine Sandy Hook families has spent seven years pulling together tens of thousands of documents for discovery proceedings, claiming it was using "extensive resources" to do so. Now, in a complaint filed last week in Connecticut Superior Court, lawyers for those families allege...
to See Shooter's
Computer in Gun Suit
Feb 13, 2020 5:56 PM CST
Newtown Families to See Shooter's Computer in Gun Suit
Remington faces accusation it marketed rifle to at-risk civilians
- Families of those killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting will have access to the shooter's computer as part of their lawsuit against gun maker Remington. A state Superior Court judge in Waterbury, Connecticut, signed off on a stipulated agreement Thursday between the families and Remington that will...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
China Has an Innocent Explanation for Its Balloon
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
Judge Wants Answers After Jan. 6 Defendant Recants Guilt
Pedophile Former Pop Star Released After 8 Years
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.