Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Judge Makes Rare Move in
Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Nov 15, 2021 12:06 PM CST
Judge Makes Rare Move in Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Infowars host is guilty by default in Connecticut defamation case, just as he was in Texas
- Alex Jones is now 0 for 4 in defamation cases brought by parents of victims in the Sandy Hook school shooting. On Monday, a judge in Connecticut took the rare step of finding Jones guilty by default because he repeatedly refused to hand over documents pertinent to the trial, reports...
Jones Loses Sandy Hook
Cases by Default
Oct 1, 2021 10:55 AM CDT
Jones Loses Sandy Hook Cases by Default
Conspiracy theorist repeatedly failed to comply with orders to provide documents
- Alex Jones has lost two more court cases and is going to have to pay more damages to the families of children killed in a mass shooting he claimed was a hoax. A Texas judge has issued two rare default judgments against Jones and his conspiracy theorist media outlet, Infowars,...
Gunmaker Goes After Sandy
Hook Kids' School Records
Sep 4, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Gunmaker Goes After Sandy Hook Kids' School Records
Parents want them sealed
- The gunmaker being sued by parents of students killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting has subpeonaed the school records of nine slain students and educators, per the CT Post . Per the
, Remington Arms--maker of the firearm used by a 20-year-old gunman to kill 26 at the Newtown,...
Gunmaker Has a Number
for Sandy Hook Families
Jul 29, 2021 8:40 AM CDT
Gunmaker Has a Number for Sandy Hook Families
Gunmaker offers $33M in lawsuit, though it's far less than what families of shooting victims sought
- Remington has made an offer to the nine Sandy Hook families that are suing it. The settlement number the gunmaker has come up with, presented in Tuesday court documents: $33 million, subject to approval by the Alabama judge overseeing its bankruptcy case, per CNN . That means each family would receive...
Sandy Hook Families:
Us 18K Cartoons
Jul 8, 2021 10:50 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families: Gunmaker Sent Us 18K Cartoons
Motion tied to suit alleges Remington handed over tens of thousands of 'random' files to stall
- A gunmaker sued in 2014 by nine Sandy Hook families has spent seven years pulling together tens of thousands of documents for discovery proceedings, claiming it was using "extensive resources" to do so. Now, in a complaint filed last week in Connecticut Superior Court, lawyers for those families allege...
to See Shooter's
Computer in Gun Suit
Feb 13, 2020 5:56 PM CST
Newtown Families to See Shooter's Computer in Gun Suit
Remington faces accusation it marketed rifle to at-risk civilians
- Families of those killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting will have access to the shooter's computer as part of their lawsuit against gun maker Remington. A state Superior Court judge in Waterbury, Connecticut, signed off on a stipulated agreement Thursday between the families and Remington that will...
Arrested in Florida
Jan 28, 2020 3:10 AM CST
Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theorist Arrested in Florida
Wolfgang Halbig harassed parents of slain children
- A Florida man obsessed with harassing the parents of murdered children has been arrested and charged with unlawful possession of the personal identification of another person. Authorities say Wolfgang Halbig—who has long claimed that the December 2012 massacre of 20 children and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School...
for $100K Over
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 AM CST
Alex Jones, Infowars Hit for $100K Over Sandy Hook
Judge orders conspiracy theorist to pay court costs, legal fees to family of slain Newtown boy Jesse Lewis
- Alex Jones and his Infowars website haven't even gone to trial yet regarding a lawsuit brought against him by a Sandy Hook family, but the case has already put him nearly $130,000 in the hole, not counting his own expenses. Per the Daily Beast , in addition to an...
Sandy Hook Families' Suit a
Go After SCOTUS Decision
Nov 12, 2019 10:55 AM CST
Sandy Hook Families' Suit a Go After SCOTUS Decision
Supreme Court refuses to hear gun-maker Remington's appeal in complaint
- Family members of the children killed in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School are free to move forward with their lawsuit against gun-maker Remington . The Supreme Court said Tuesday it wouldn't hear the case, meaning a March ruling by the Connecticut Supreme Court stands, per CNBC . In...
He Said Boy Didn't Die at Sandy
Hook, Now Must Pay Boy's Dad
Oct 16, 2019 4:32 PM CDT
He Said Boy Didn't Die at Sandy Hook, Now Must Pay Boy's Dad
Noah Pozner's dad awarded $450K in defamation case
- A jury in Wisconsin has awarded $450,000 to the father of a boy killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting after he filed a defamation lawsuit against conspiracy theorist writers who claimed the massacre never happened. A Dane County jury on Tuesday decided the amount James Fetzer must...
Brother of Sandy Hook
Hero Makes Public Move
Jul 17, 2019 10:18 AM CDT
Brother of Sandy Hook Hero Makes Public Move
Republican JT Lewis is running to be a Connecticut state senator
- JT Lewis was 12 years old when he learned his 6-year-old brother, Jesse, had been shot in the head at Sandy Hook Elementary School after helping some of his classmates escape alive . The horrific event transformed Lewis into an advocate in his teenage years—he received an award for courage...
Lawyers Say Alex Jones
Sent Them Child Porn
Jun 18, 2019 1:27 AM CDT
Lawyers Say Alex Jones Sent Them Child Porn
Conspiracy theorist says he's being framed
- A bizarre twist in the Sandy Hook lawsuit against Alex Jones: Lawyers for the families of school massacre victims say the Infowars host sent them child pornography in email files turned over as part of the defamation lawsuit, reports the
The lawyers say they reported the images to...
Made Me Say
Was a Hoax
Mar 30, 2019 6:00 AM CDT
Alex Jones: 'Psychosis' Made Me Say Sandy Hook Was a Hoax
Radio host said in deposition that he's since learned the truth is 'more in the middle'
- Families of Sandy Hook victims aren't backing down going after Alex Jones for helping to spread conspiracy theories about the 2012 massacre, but now the radio host is offering up a new reason for his actions: He had a mental disorder. Per the
, Jones gave a three-hour deposition...
Wife of Sandy Hook Dad Who
Took His Life Speaks Out
Mar 29, 2019 8:59 AM CDT
Wife of Sandy Hook Dad Who Took His Life Speaks Out
Jennifer Hensel posts note to GoFundMe in wake of Jeremy Richman's suicide
- The wife of the Sandy Hook Elementary School parent who committed suicide on Monday has spoken out on her husband's death in a note published to a GoFundMe campaign started in support of her family. Jennifer Hensel and Jeremy Richman's daughter, Avielle, was one of the 20 students...
'Heartbroken' Father of Girl
Killed at Sandy Hook Dies
Mar 25, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
'Heartbroken' Father of Girl Killed at Sandy Hook Dies
Jeremy Richman started a foundation for research to prevent violence
- The father of a first-grader killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings was found dead Monday. Police say the cause of death isn't known yet, the
reports, but it appears that Jeremy Richman killed himself. Avielle Richman was one of the 20 first-grade students and six...
Sandy Hook Families'
Gun Lawsuit Can Proceed
Mar 14, 2019 12:50 PM CDT
Sandy Hook Families' Gun Lawsuit Can Proceed
Suit can go to trial, Connecticut's top court decides
- The families of the Sandy Hook massacre victims can sue the companies that manufactured and sold the semiautomatic rifle the shooter used—a ruling the
New York Times
calls "a major blow to the firearms industry." In a 4-3 ruling Thursday, the Connecticut Supreme Court decided to let...
Alex Jones to
Be Deposed in
Sandy Hook Suit
Feb 14, 2019 10:00 AM CST
Alex Jones to Be Deposed in Sandy Hook Suit
Ruling celebrated by plaintiff Mark Barden
- Another loss for Alex Jones: The Infowars host must sit for a five-hour deposition by lawyers representing the families of Sandy Hook victims, who allege defamation over his claims that the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Conn., was a hoax. Bridgeport Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis issued the blow on...
On 6th Anniversary
of Sandy Hook, a
Dec 14, 2018 12:08 PM CST
On 6th Anniversary of Sandy Hook, a Nerve-Wracking Morning
Sandy Hook Elementary students sent home after bomb threat called in; it appears it was a hoax
- The sixth anniversary of the Sandy Hook shooting is a hard-enough day for the community of Newtown, Conn.—and it was made worse Friday morning by a bomb threat that forced Sandy Hook Elementary School to be evacuated. The Newtown Police Department says it was on the receiving end...
New Adam Lanza Documents
Paint a Disturbing Picture
Dec 10, 2018 5:34 AM CST
New Adam Lanza Documents Paint a Disturbing Picture
He wrote of his 'scorn for humanity'
- Newly released journals and other Adam Lanza documents don't directly state a reason for his monstrous crime—but they do paint a picture of a severely disturbed young man descending into isolation and hate. The documents include medical and school records as well as communications up until just days...
Court Orders Release
of Adam Lanza's Journals
Oct 24, 2018 6:19 AM CDT
Court Orders Release of Adam Lanza's Journals
Sandy Hook killer detailed 'personal beliefs'
- The world may soon learn more about what drove Adam Lanza to carry out one of the most disturbing mass murders in American history. Connecticut's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that state police have to release journals and documents belonging to Lanza, the 20-year-old who killed 20 children and six...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
FBI: Images Show Dark Truth About Renowned Collector
She Feared Her Partner Would Kill Her. Death Came Differently
Climber Found Box of Gems on Mont Blanc in 2013. Now, a Windfall
Mother Chases Down Leopard To Rescue Son
Guy Who Helped Shooting Suspect's Parents Identifies Self
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.