Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
late night host
Stories 1 - 20 |
on Gun Rules:
'This Is Now
May 26, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Kimmel on Gun Rules: 'This Is Now Our Fault'
Late-night hosts tackle the mass shooting in Texas
- Late-night hosts dug into the Texas mass shooting during their Wednesday monologues, often with emotional pleas:
He said he knew when he started his show he'd have days in which he'd have to talk about school shootings before segueing into lighter fare. He added that he
COVID Revisits Late-Night TV
May 2, 2022 6:02 PM CDT
COVID Revisits Late-Night TV
Jimmy Kimmel says he's tested positive and picks a guest host
- No sooner does one late-night TV host return from a bout with COVID-19 than another has to take his leave. Jimmy Kimmel announced Monday that he's got the coronavirus, Deadline reports. "Our daughter brought us covid (even though we specifically asked her not to)," he tweeted , adding...
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off
Ultimate April Fools' Joke
Apr 2, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off Ultimate April Fools' Joke
The 2 Jimmys swapped coasts, and shows, on Friday night, to the surprise of their audiences
- For two years, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel have been cooking up an April Fools' Day scheme, and on Friday night, the late-night hosts pulled it off, in an epic way. Per
The Hollywood Reporter
, the comedians swapped shows, with Fallon heading to Los Angeles, and Kimmel heading to New...
Bob Saget Tribute
Jan 11, 2022 7:19 AM CST
Kimmel Cries Through Heartfelt Bob Saget Tribute
'He would write sometimes just to tell me he loved me'
- Jimmy Kimmel paid tribute to his friend Bob Saget on Monday night, though it was a struggle. As the Week reports, "he did not make it 20 seconds before choking back tears." The late night host, speaking before the audience had been allowed into the theater, summed up...
Cringe or Applaud, Madonna
Deftly Took Over
Oct 8, 2021 12:55 PM CDT
Cringe or Applaud, Madonna Deftly Took Over
Fallon appeared flustered during 'off the rails' interview
- Madonna did what she does best Thursday night on the
. Not singing, not dancing, but giving people something to argue about. How a person feels about her quoting writer and activist James Baldwin is likely to be how that person feels about Madonna altogether. "Artists are here...
Colbert Uses Willy Wonka
to Explain Congress
Sep 30, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
Colbert Uses Willy Wonka to Explain Congress
He sings about 'reconciliation' in a top hat
- Congress is nearing the end of a monumental week , one in which lawmakers are trying to avert a shutdown as they consider two huge pieces of legislation that could decide the fate of President Biden's legislative agenda. Stephen Colbert attempted to explain all this Wednesday night, in particular the...
Kimmel Roasts Caitlyn Jenner
Over Election Finish
Sep 16, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
Kimmel Roasts Caitlyn Jenner Over Election Finish
She received about 1% of the vote in California recall election
- In coverage of Gavin Newsom's easy win in California's gubernatorial recall election, it was easy to miss the results for candidate Caitlyn Jenner . She wasn't exactly in the conversation among top finishers:
Jenner received a mere 1.1% of the vote on the question of
She Called Out James Corden,
Is Now Getting Death Threats
in case you missed it
Jul 3, 2021 10:30 AM CDT
She Called Out James Corden, Is Now Getting Death Threats
Petition creator Kim Saira wants an apology for segment she sees as anti-Asian
Late Late Show
host James Corden has vowed to reform his occasional "Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts" segment, but that's not enough for critics who call it racist. Some 46,000 people have signed a Change.org petition demanding a public apology, a donation to Asian...
Jun 22, 2021 11:36 AM CDT
Paul Rudd Shows One Final Clip for Conan
And if you know their history, you already know what it is
- Conan O'Brien's TBS show is in its final week, and Mashable notes that Paul Rudd visited Monday night to cap a long-running gag. For roughly 20 years, every time Rudd came on O'Brien's show as a guest to plug a movie, he instead used a bizarre...
Jun 8, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
6 Late-Night Jokes About Trump's Pants
No, he didn't wear them backward, but that didn't stop the hosts
- There's a reason #Trumppants has been trending the last few days, even if it is a pretty strange one. After images surfaced online (see the aforementioned hashtag), the internet seemed convinced that Donald Trump wore his pants backward in North Carolina on Saturday, notes NPR . He did not. If...
Colbert's Show to Take
a Big Step Next Month
May 24, 2021 9:30 AM CDT
Colbert's Show to Take a Big Step Next Month
Late-night host to return to live in-studio tapings with vaccinated audience starting June 14
- CBS said Monday that Stephen Colbert's late-night show will return to doing live episodes on June 14, with a vaccinated audience in New York's Ed Sullivan Theater.
The Late Show
, late night's top-rated entertainment program, produced 205 episodes without a live audience for more than a year...
Late Night Jokes Flow
Over This Presidential Photo
May 5, 2021 6:59 AM CDT
Late Night Jokes Flow Over This Presidential Photo
They 'look like a ventriloquist act,' quips Seth Meyers
- To mark President Biden's 100th day in office, he and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden paid a visit to a couple who know a lot about what they're going through: Former President Carter and his wife, Rosalynn. Last Thursday's meeting at the Carters' home in Plains, Ga....
May 4, 2021 11:30 AM CDT
Conan: My Show Ends Next Month
O'Brien promises final stretch will be light on Trump jokes
- Conan O'Brien fans can mark the calendar: June 24 will be his final
show on TBS. The late-night host confirmed on Monday that he is indeed leaving after 11 years, reports Deadline . O'Brien will be shifting to a weekly format on HBO Max, which he referred to...
Colbert: 'He'll Have
to Butt-Dial Reporters
From a Landline'
Apr 29, 2021 7:34 AM CDT
Colbert: 'He'll Have to Butt-Dial Reporters From a Landline'
Late-night hosts lapped up Giuliani raid
- Rudy Giuliani is a favorite target of late-night hosts even when he's not being raided by federal agents —and they didn't hold back on Wednesday night. Stephen Colbert, who unveiled a new Giuliani title card with a fart sound effect, per Vulture , noted that the raid "...
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
Apr 14, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
News on rare development of blood clots after vaccination catches attention of Colbert et al
- On Tuesday, the FDA and CDC recommended a "pause" of the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine amid reports of rare blood clotting. Six women between the ages of 18 and 48 developed clots within a few weeks after receiving the J&J dose, out of nearly 7 million doses...
Late Night Responds
to Biden's First Presser
Mar 26, 2021 7:55 AM CDT
Late Night Responds to Biden's First Presser
President, compared to an 'old-timer football coach,' takes flak on immigration
- Late night hosts joked about the president's age and finger guns as well as his predecessor Thursday following Joe Biden's first press conference since taking office. "Normally, when a 78-year-old answers an hour of questions, they're getting a physical," quipped
host Jimmy Fallon....
Late Night Has
on Royal Hubbub
Mar 10, 2021 8:47 AM CST
Late Night Has Some Thoughts on Royal Hubbub
Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, and Meyers tag-team against Buckingham Palace, Piers Morgan
- Buckingham Palace finally spoke up on Tuesday after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah , noting the royals were "saddened" by the Sussexes' claims of racism and other challenges they'd faced. The palace also assured the public that those claims would be taken "very seriously"...
Late Night Blasts
Ted Cruz Photo Op
Feb 23, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Late Night Blasts Ted Cruz Photo Op
'Most people just drove away when he tried showing them his vacation photos'
- Late-night hosts who were on vacation during Ted Cruz's Cancun trip last week couldn't have been happier with the Texas senator's weekend photo op. Cruz had shared photos showing him meeting with first responders and putting water in people's vehicles with the hashtag #TexasStrong, which only...
Goes to Town
on Ted Cruz
Feb 19, 2021 6:52 AM CST
Jimmy Kimmel Goes to Town on Ted Cruz
'There he is, snake on a plane right there!'
- Jimmy Kimmel dedicated a huge portion of his opening monologue Thursday to Ted Cruz's trip to Mexico in the midst of disaster in his home state. "The hypocrisy is off the charts!" said Kimmel, who's made no secret of his dislike of the Texas senator. "...
Late Night Has Beef
Pouncing on Texas Windmills
Feb 18, 2021 7:23 AM CST
Late Night Has Beef With Conservatives Pouncing on Texas Windmills
Hosts ridicule idea that renewable energy is to blame for blackouts
- Many late night hosts are taking time off for Presidents' Day, but not Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah, both of whom took issue Wednesday with the wrongful blame being placed on renewable energy as Texas' power grid is overwhelmed.
"I know people were praying for Texas to go blue,
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Suspected 'Mass Fentanyl Poisoning Event' Kills 9 in Florida
How Parade Shooting Suspect Managed to Buy 5 Guns
Scathing Obit: 'It Will Be Challenging to Miss Lawrence'
Boys 'Shouldn't Have Been Able to Physically Do What They Did'
Amazon Prime Rolls Out a Big 'Thank You' to Customers
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.