Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
fast food industry
Stories 1 - 20 |
Look to Block
Sep 8, 2022 2:10 AM CDT
Restaurant Owners Look to Block Landmark Law for California Fast-Food Workers
Move would give more than 500K workers more power, protections
Restaurant owners moved Wednesday to at least temporarily block a nation-leading new California law giving more power to fast food workers, the AP reports. The owners want the state's voters to ultimately decide the law's fate. A coalition calling itself Protect Neighborhood Restaurants filed a referendum request...
Is This Goodbye to the
$1 McDonald's Soda?
Jul 4, 2022 8:10 AM CDT
Is This Goodbye to the $1 McDonald's Soda?
Prices are going up at some locations
- Sad news for fans of the seemingly ubiquitous $1 any-size McDonald's beverage: Inflation may be putting an end to it, or at least to its ubiquity. Franchisees tell the
Wall Street Journal
some owners have decided to get rid of the dollar deal even though the fast food company...
Strangers Shower Loyal
Burger King Worker With $270K
Jun 30, 2022 7:10 PM CDT
Strangers Shower Loyal Burger King Worker With $270K
Kevin Ford hasn't missed a scheduled shift with HMSHost in 27 years
- A fast-food worker who never missed a single day of work over a 27-year career has just been awarded a $270,000 bonus—all thanks to the kindness of strangers. Kevin Ford, 54, made a splash on social media last month when he shared a video of himself unwrapping the...
Taco Bell's New Menu Items
Feature 'Nostalgic' Ingredient
Jun 30, 2022 2:44 PM CDT
Taco Bell's New Menu Items Feature 'Nostalgic' Ingredient
Giant Cheez-It cracker is the base for test-drive of limited-edition tostada, Crunchwrap Supreme
- If Taco Bell happens to be sold out of the newly revived Mexican Pizza, no need to write a sad country song about it, as Dolly Parton might be wont to do . Instead, try the restaurant chain's two new menu items, both of which incorporate a Cheez-It cracker that'...
Russian McDonald's Are No
More, but Now There's This
Jun 22, 2022 8:40 AM CDT
Russian McDonald's Are No More, but Now There's This
Rebranded restaurants opened to great demand, says new CEO
You can't get a Big Mac in Russia anymore, but you can get a burger at Vkusno & tochka—and plenty of people apparently did on opening day. About 50 of the successor restaurant to McDonald's opened in the Moscow area over June 12 and 13 under...
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where
Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
May 19, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
Chain, along with Wendy's, is accused of false advertising
- Earlier this year, three law firms accused Burger King of making its burgers look way better in advertisements than they are in reality. Now the trio is going after McDonald's and Wendy's with the same accusation, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The new lawsuit alleges that Wendy's...
That Drive-Thru Order
May Contain More Than
You Bargained For
Mar 26, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
That Drive-Thru Order May Contain More Than You Bargained For
Consumer Reports finds excessive amounts of 'forever chemicals' in some fast-food wrappers
- You might want to dump those Mickey D's fries onto a plate as soon as you get home. Consumer Reports released an analysis Thursday on packaging at fast-food restaurants and supermarket chains, with a concerning find: Many of the wrappers that hold the fare we pick up at the...
Rapper Settles Beef
With McDonald's Via
Harsh New Arby's Ad
Mar 22, 2022 7:11 AM CDT
Rapper Settles Beef With McDonald's Via Harsh New Arby's Ad
Pusha T says he didn't get paid enough for 'I'm Lovin' It' jingle; hence, the 'Spicy Fish Diss Track'
- Not since Paul Marcarelli defected from Verizon to shill for Sprint has there been such a brand betrayal. In the early aughts, a one Terrence LeVarr Thornton (better known as rapper Pusha T) claims he penned McDonald's famous "I'm Lovin' It" jingle, and he apparently isn't...
American in Russia Has No
Plans to Close His Papa John's
Mar 15, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
American in Russia Has No Plans to Close His Papa John's
Colorado native Christopher Wynne owns company that oversees franchisees
- Last week, Papa John's joined the companies that are suspending corporate ties with Russia over the invasion of Ukraine. As Fox Business reports, that means no "operational, marketing, and business support to, and engagement with, the Russian market." Russians themselves probably haven't noticed much of a...
Feb 21, 2022 7:27 AM CST
Carl Icahn Takes On McDonald's Over Pig Treatment
Financier buys small stake, wants to make moves over its treatment of pigs used for pork
- Carl Icahn holds a small stake in McDonald's, but the financier has two things he wants now that he's a player in the company's machinations: two people of his choice named to the Mickey Dee's board, as well as an improvement in how the company treats...
If You Can Eat
a Taco a Day,
Taco Bell Has
a Tempting Offer
Jan 10, 2022 9:30 AM CST
If You Can Eat a Taco a Day, Taco Bell Has a Tempting Offer
Get the 'Taco Lover's Pass' via the chain's app and enjoy a taco a day for 30 days, for a total of $10
- Could you eat a taco a day for a whole month? What if we said you could do so for just a ten-spot? If that thought (and price) appeals to you, there's a subscription you may want to check out, courtesy of Taco Bell. "Fans whose New Year'...
KFC on New Chicken-Free
Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Jan 6, 2022 2:07 PM CST
KFC on New Chicken-Free Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Chain's Beyond Fried Chicken is a plant-based chicken alternative created with Beyond Meat
- As 2022 kicks into high gear, KFC has a "Kentucky Fried Miracle" to announce: its Beyond Fried Chicken, a plant-based chicken nugget alternative created in partnership with Beyond Meat, per a release from KFC parent company Yum Brands. Starting Monday and for a limited time, the fast-food chain will...
In-N-Out Slams 'Invasive'
Closure of 2nd Bay Area Site
Oct 27, 2021 10:00 AM CDT
In-N-Out Slams 'Invasive' Closure of 2nd Bay Area Site
Health officials shutter Pleasant Hill eatery, alleging workers didn't check customers' vax status
A second In-N-Out Burger location in the Bay Area has been temporarily closed after workers allegedly didn't follow local COVID protocols by checking customers' vaccination status. Contra Costa County officials say this particular In-N-Out, located in Pleasant Hill, has already been hit with four citations and fines totaling...
Aug 31, 2021 3:06 PM CDT
Short-Staffed Restaurants' Solution? 14-Year-Olds
With adult workers scarce, they're turning to young teens
- With fast food restaurants across America short of workers—some switched jobs while on furlough; others are reluctant to return during the latest COVID wave—many are trying to attract employees who were too young to work when the pandemic began. A sign reading "Do you have a 14...
Fast Food Giant's Fries
Are About to Be Transformed
in case you missed it
Aug 29, 2021 5:16 PM CDT
Fast Food Giant's Fries Are About to Be Transformed
Wendy's vows that its new french fries will stay hotter, crispier longer
- In recent taste tests , Wendy's french fries have done ... OK, but not great. Those mediocre rankings may soon change, as the fast-food chain has announced it's bestowing upon its fries what CNN Business calls "a makeover for the COVID era." Wendy's President Kurt Kane revealed...
Milkshake Shortage Blamed
On COVID, Brexit Issues
Aug 24, 2021 5:52 PM CDT
Milkshake Shortage Blamed On COVID, Brexit Issues
A shortage of truckers in the UK is snagging McDonald's supply chain
- People in the UK can’t get a McDonald’s milkshake, and Brexit and COVID share the blame. The fast food joint isn’t the only restaurant suffering supply chain woes; just the latest. "Like most retailers, we are currently experiencing some supply chain issues, impacting the availability of...
'We All Quit,'
Jul 13, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
'We All Quit,' Burger King Marquee Sign Announces
9 employees in Lincoln, Neb., call it quits over work conditions
- Visitors to a Burger King in Lincoln, Neb., may have come for a burger, but stayed for the sign Saturday. "WE ALL QUIT. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE," read the marquee sign beneath the Burger King logo, a photo of which has now gone viral. Former general manager Rachael...
McDonald's Comes In
Last in Fast-Food Survey
in case you missed it
Jul 10, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
McDonald's Comes In Last in Fast-Food Survey
Chick-fil-A took top spot for 7th year in a row
- For restaurants and diners alike, the 2020-2021 period was a time like no other—but customer ratings of their experiences at fast-food restaurants remained surprisingly unchanged. The American Customer Satisfaction Index says that in its annual survey, Chick-fil-A took the top spot for the seventh year in a row, with...
Sep 16, 2020 8:30 AM CDT
Cuddle With This Giant Chicken McNugget for $90
3-foot body pillow part of McDonald's 'lit' promotion with rapper Travis Scott is straining supply chain
- "We've created a program that’s so compelling to our customers that it's stretching our world-class supply chain, and if demand continues at these levels, more restaurants will break supply," reads a recent memo sent by McDonald's to franchisees and employees around the nation. That...
Item Is Simply
Sep 15, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Taco Bell's Newest Menu Item Is Simply Intoxicating
Chain's Canadian outpost to offer 'Jalapeno Noir' red wine for $20 a bottle
- Starting five years ago, Taco Bell crossed over into boozy beverages, offering liquor-spiked Mountain Dews and punches , margaritas, and even its first branded lager , which seem to make sense with such fare. Now the fast-food chain has an alcohol addition that's slightly more upscale (and "democratizing," per...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After Serving 8 Years, Infomercial Pitchman Could Be Jailed Again
A Sleeping Giant Awakes, With Plenty of Spectators
Protesters Cheered Iran's World Cup Exit. Then Bullets Rained
On First Day in US, a Surprise Event for William and Kate
After Broadcaster Mocks Him, NHL Player Has Classy Response
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.