Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
President Trump 2020
Stories 1 - 20 |
Intelligence Report Says
2 Countries Tried to
Sway 2020 Election
Mar 16, 2021 3:58 PM CDT
Intelligence Report Says 2 Countries Tried to Sway 2020 Election
But there is no sign Russia or Iran tried to hack voting systems, officials say
- Russia tried to boost Donald Trump's re-election chances and Iran tried to damage them, but there is no sign those countries or any others interfered with voting systems in the 2020 election, according to a newly declassified intelligence report. The report from the Director of National Intelligence states that...
Mike Lindell Is
'Begging to Be Sued'
Feb 8, 2021 6:03 PM CST
Dominion Says Mike Lindell Is 'Begging to Be Sued'
Company has sued Powell and Giuliani over election fraud allegations so far
- Dominion Voting Systems has already filed defamation lawsuits against Sidney Powell and Rudi Giuliani, lawyers who backed former President Trump's false claims of election fraud and named the company in their allegations. The company has said more lawsuits are on the way, and it has dropped more than a...
Goya Censures CEO Who
Said: 'There Is a War Coming'
Jan 27, 2021 3:45 AM CST
Goya Censures CEO Who Said: 'There Is a War Coming'
Robert Unanue has backed Trump's claims about the election
- Robert Unanue, the chief executive of Goya, will no longer be allowed to speak to the news media without the approval of the company's board of directors. On Friday, the board voted to censure Unanue, CNN reports, after repeated comments supporting President Trump's unproven claims of election fraud....
Murkowski: No, I'm
Not Switching Parties
Jan 22, 2021 3:40 PM CST
Murkowski: No, I'm Not Switching Parties
Alaskan senator didn't vote for Trump but says a Democrat is 'not who I am'
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski didn't vote for Donald Trump in November, and she doesn't always agree with what goes on in the Republican Party. But she still won't switch sides. "I can't be somebody that I'm not," she told reporters Friday. If she'd...
'a Very Good
Jan 10, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Toomey Calls Resignation 'a Very Good Outcome'
Republican senator says Trump's conduct is impeachable
- President Trump has lost the support of another Republican senator in his struggle to remain in office after the mob attack on the Capitol last week. "I do think the president committed impeachable offenses," Sen. Pat Toomey said, the Hill reports. In an interview on Fox News, the...
Jan 9, 2021 1:30 PM CST
Trump May Have Leaned on Georgia Investigator
Legal experts say the call might have violated the law
- President Trump told Georgia's lead elections investigator last month that he'd be "a national hero" if he would "find the fraud" in Cobb County's voting results. Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said that the call was placed Dec. 23 but that he didn't know...
As Georgia Votes,
Both Races Look
Jan 5, 2021 12:34 PM CST
As Georgia Votes, Both Races Look Like Toss-Ups
Republicans count on big turnout in Senate runoffs
- Republicans will probably need a large Election Day turnout to win the Senate runoffs in Georgia, according to the University of Virginia's Center for Politics . The site still considers both races toss-ups. Election Day turnout over 4 million would bode well for Republicans, allowing them to erase any deficit...
Will Object to
Jan 5, 2021 6:52 AM CST
Kelly Loeffler Will Object to Election Results
Senator has been hedging for a while on what she'll do come election certification day
- On the eve of her own re-election battle, Sen. Kelly Loeffler is confirming she will join the lawmakers challenging the electoral results when Congress meets to certify the presidential election Wednesday. The Georgia senator, one of two Republicans attempting to fend off Democratic challengers in Tuesday's runoff election, announced...
Ahead of Trump Protests,
DC Calls Out National Guard
Jan 4, 2021 6:50 PM CST
Ahead of Trump Protests, DC Calls Out National Guard
Mayor warns violence won't be tolerated
- Bracing for possible violence, the nation's capital has mobilized the National Guard ahead of planned protests by President Trump's supporters in connection with the congressional vote to affirm Joe Biden's election victory. Trump's supporters are planning to rally Tuesday and Wednesday, seeking to bolster the president'...
Trump's Georgia Phone Call
Was Legally Murky: Experts
Jan 4, 2021 6:55 AM CST
Trump's Georgia Phone Call Was Legally Murky: Experts
But almost certainly won't be prosecuted, they say
- When the
published its scoop on President Trump's leaked phone call with Georgia's secretary of state , the newspaper noted the POTUS may have been skating on thin ice, legally speaking, with his attempts to get Brad Raffensperger on board with overturning Joe Biden's win in...
Trump Supporters Plan
a Virtual Inauguration
Dec 21, 2020 6:55 PM CST
Trump Supporters Plan a Virtual Inauguration
More than 60K sign up, but there's no indication the president is involved
- With the US Capitol grounds otherwise occupied that day, supporters are planning a virtual inauguration for President Trump on Jan. 20. More than 60,000 people have indicated on the Facebook event page that they're going, the Hill reports. It's scheduled for noon EST, which is when President-elect...
LLC Clouded Details
of Trump Political Spending
Dec 18, 2020 5:05 PM CST
LLC Clouded Details of Trump Political Spending
Jared Kushner put Lara Trump on the board of the pass-through
- More than $700 million in President Trump's political spending since 2019 was funneled through a limited liability corporation, shrouding details about where the money went. Jared Kushner, who was behind American Made Media Consultants, installed Lara Trump, who's married to the president's son Eric, and Mike Pence'...
Biden Says After
Dec 14, 2020 7:50 PM CST
Democracy Won, Biden Says After Electors' Vote
President-elect asks the nation to unite and heal
- Addressing the nation shortly after the Electoral College confirmed his election victory, President-elect Joe Biden appealed for unity and tried to convince President Trump's supporters that "it is time to turn the page." Biden celebrated the US system of government's survival in the face of Trump'...
GOP Leader on Trump Gambit:
'I Can't Stand for That. I Won't'
Dec 14, 2020 6:55 PM CST
GOP Leader on Trump Gambit: 'I Can't Stand for That. I Won't'
President wanted a new lineup of Michigan electors
- President Trump had the leaders of Michigan's House and Senate, both Republicans, over to the White House last month. Trump wanted a GOP slate of electors to replace the ones committed by the Nov. 3 election results to voting for Joe Biden. House Speaker Lee Chatfield and Senate Majority...
This Should Be Milestone
Day for Joe Biden
Dec 14, 2020 6:53 AM CST
This Should Be Milestone Day for Joe Biden
Electoral College meets to formally cast their votes for the presidency
- Monday is a significant day in the US on two fronts: Not only do COVID vaccinations begin but the Electoral College meets. The latter is the next big step in the selection of the president, and one with added significance in 2020 because of President Trump's continuing challenge of...
Supreme Court Rejects
Texas Election Suit
Dec 11, 2020 5:52 PM CST
Supreme Court Rejects Texas Election Suit
Texas lacks standing to object to other states' voting procedures, court says
- The Supreme Court on Friday afternoon rejected a lawsuit backed by President Trump to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's election victory. The decision ends a desperate attempt to get legal issues rejected by state and federal judges before the nation's highest court, the AP reports. The court's order...
Texas Suit Signs Up More
Than 100 House Republicans
Dec 10, 2020 6:45 PM CST
Texas Suit Signs Up More Than 100 House Republicans
The four states sued record their objections at the Supreme Court
- Scores of House Republicans, including some—but not all—of the biggest names in the caucus have signed onto the Texas lawsuit seeking to overturn President Trump's election loss. Reps. Steve Scalise and Jim Jordan were among the more than 100 members who signed the amicus brief, the Hill...
Star Drops Trump Suit Over
'Rockin' in the Free World'
Dec 8, 2020 3:32 PM CST
Star Drops Trump Suit Over 'Rockin' in the Free World'
President, whose rallies have played the song, said he 'didn’t love it anyway'
- Neil Young has dropped his copyright infringement lawsuit against President Trump, whose rallies have played songs including "Rockin' in the Free World" and "Devil’s Sidewalk." Young, who said Trump rallies have used his songs since 2015 without a license, filed the suit in New York after...
Dec 8, 2020 2:25 PM CST
Fired Election Security Boss Sues Trump Campaign
Krebs' filing accuses diGenova, campaign, and Newsmax of conspiracy and defamation
- "He should be drawn and quartered," Joe diGenova said last week of Chris Krebs, until recently the cybersecurity official in charge of the nation's election security. "Taken out at dawn and shot." Krebs' transgression, in diGenova's eyes, was contradicting President Trump's claim that...
Another Positive Test
Worries White House Staff
Dec 8, 2020 1:04 PM CST
Another Positive Test Worries White House Staff
Reports say attorney Jenna Ellis has coronavirus
- Jenna Ellis, a lawyer on President Trump's election team, is not the most popular person in the White House right now. She's told associates that she's tested positive for the coronavirus, Axios reports. CNN also reports that she tested positive. It's not clear when she got...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Ukrainians Flee Recaptured City
Florida Beaches Run Short of Sand
Irish Court to Elon Musk: No, You Can't Fire This Exec
Huge Fatal Landslide Blamed on Ill-Advised Development
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.