Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
President Trump 2020
Stories 21 - 40 |
Trump Makes 'Extraordinary'
Request of Pa. Lawmaker
Dec 8, 2020 3:50 AM CST
Trump Makes 'Extraordinary' Request of Pa. Lawmaker
He asks state House speaker to help him overturn results of presidential election
- For the third time, President Trump is directly intervening in an attempt to overturn a state's election results. This time, as the
reports, the POTUS has twice called Pennsylvania's House speaker, Bryan Cutler, to ask him for help reversing Joe Biden's win in the state....
in Latest Recount
Dec 7, 2020 5:33 PM CST
Georgia's Results 'Remain Unchanged' in Latest Recount
State again certifies Biden's victory
- President-elect Joe Biden has again won Georgia's presidential election. The state finished its second recount , after it was requested by President Trump's campaign, last week. On Monday, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger recertified Georgia's results, the Hill reports. "It’s been 34 days since the election...
In Georgia, Loeffler
Won't Say Trump Lost
Dec 7, 2020 12:19 AM CST
In Georgia, Loeffler Won't Say Trump Lost
Senator debates her Democratic opponent in runoff election
- Sen. Kelly Loeffler repeatedly refused to acknowledge that President Trump lost reelection in November, as she debated her Democratic opponent, Rev. Raphael Warnock, ahead of twin Georgia runoff elections that will determine which party controls the Senate. Asked specifically about President-elect Joe Biden's victory in Georgia and whether she...
Calls for 'Martial Law'
Dec 5, 2020 11:30 AM CST
Calls for 'Martial Law' Spark Outrage
A former GOP lawmaker says it's 'utterly insane'
- Michael Flynn and a top Pentagon nominee are under fire for backing conspiracy theories that urge President Trump to overturn the 2020 election results by declaring martial law, CNN reports. They claim without evidence that Trump won in "landslide fashion" and Joe Biden's victory was fraudulent. "I...
Dec 4, 2020 4:20 PM CST
Conway: Biden 'Looks Like' the Winner
Former aide defends Trump's challenge of election results but says nation 'will move forward'
- A longtime member of President Trump's inner circle said Friday that she expects the Electoral College to award Joe Biden a majority of its votes and a peaceful transition to the new president to follow. "We, as a nation, will move forward, because we always do," Kellyanne...
Wisconsin High Court
Dec 3, 2020 4:08 PM CST
Wisconsin High Court Turns Back Trump Suit
But legal challenge will now shift to lower courts
- A split Wisconsin Supreme Court on Thursday declined to hear President Trump's lawsuit attempting to overturn his election loss to Joe Biden in the battleground state, sidestepping a decision on the merits of the claims and instead ruling that the case must first wind its way through lower courts....
Another State Makes
Biden's Win Official
Nov 30, 2020 1:43 PM CST
Another State Makes Biden's Win Official
Arizona certifies results
- Another state has certified Joe Biden as its winner. Arizona on Monday made the results official, with Biden winning by more than 10,000 votes, or about 0.3% of the 3.4 million votes cast, reports Axios and the AP . That leaves Wisconsin as the last state yet to...
Hard to Get
sunday talk shows
Nov 29, 2020 1:25 PM CST
Trump: 'It's Hard to Get Into the Supreme Court'
The president addresses whether he can take his election case to the high court
- President Trump struck a somber note Sunday about his attempt to overturn the 2020 election results, CNBC reports. "Well, the problem is, it's hard to get into the Supreme Court," he said on Fox News'
Sunday Morning Futures
. "I've got the best Supreme Court advocates,...
Big Donor on Election Fraud
Suits Wants His Money Back
Nov 29, 2020 10:55 AM CST
Big Donor on Election Fraud Suits Wants His Money Back
Fred Eshelman sues, saying True the Vote made 'empty promises'
- Fred Eshelman kicked in $2.5 million to support lawsuits claiming fraud in the presidential election. The North Carolina investor regularly asked True the Vote, which said it was pressing the lawsuits on behalf of President Trump's cause, for progress reports. The group had detailed a plan that included...
Pa. Court Rejects GOP
Bid to Chuck the Election
Nov 29, 2020 6:03 AM CST
Pa. Court Rejects GOP Bid to Chuck the Election
Another legal defeat for President Trump's team
- Pennsylvania's highest court on Saturday night threw out a lower court's order preventing the state from certifying dozens of contests on its Nov. 3 election ballot in the latest lawsuit filed by Republicans attempting to thwart President-elect Joe Biden's victory in the battleground state. The state Supreme...
Nov 28, 2020 7:45 AM CST
Milwaukee County Finishes its Recount
Biden's lead widens, but Trump campaign could take the totals to court
- After eight days of counting nearly 460,000 ballots by hand, Milwaukee County confirmed that President-elect Joe Biden received the most votes there in the presidential election. President Trump picked up 125 votes in the recount, but Biden picked up more—257. That put the totals at 317,527 votes...
Trump Loses Again
on Pennsylvania's Count
Nov 27, 2020 1:55 PM CST
Trump Loses Again on Pennsylvania's Count
President tries to attach new string for leaving the White House
- Two days after President Trump told Pennsylvania legislators "We have to turn the election over," federal appeals judges rejected the notion. A three-judge panel of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday found no merit in Trump's argument to overrule a US district court's decision...
Lawyer Fired by Trump
Files Election Fraud Suits
Nov 26, 2020 3:35 PM CST
Lawyer Fired by Trump Files Election Fraud Suits
Sidney Powell sues in Michigan and Georgia, which already certified results
- Sidney Powell has filed lawsuits in Michigan and Georgia claiming election fraud, despite her having been publicly disowned by the Trump campaign. The suits blame supposed vote-counting inaccuracies on voting machines, mail-in ballots, and former Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, Bloomberg reports. Powell posted the suits, which were filled with...
Trump: We're Still Fighting
Nov 24, 2020 6:41 AM CST
Trump: We're Still Fighting
'Will never concede to fake ballots'
- Even though the White House made a big concession to Joe Biden on Monday on his presidential transition, that doesn't mean President Trump is done trying to overturn the election results in court. Trump's legal team is again focusing on Pennsylvania, where it asked a federal appeals court...
GSA Boss Wants
Nov 23, 2020 7:15 PM CST
GSA Boss Wants Law Changed
Saying she tries 'to do what is right,' Emily Murphy puts her dilemma in personal terms
- After it somehow fell to a nationally pressured appointee of President Trump to effectively declare the winner of the presidential election, Emily Murphy explained her delayed decision in personal terms. "I have always strived to do what is right," the GSA boss told President-elect Joe Biden on Monday...
Trump, GSA Tell Biden
to Start the Transition
Nov 23, 2020 5:40 PM CST
Trump, GSA Tell Biden to Start the Transition
Agency head says she wasn't pressured by White House to delay
- Emily Murphy, administrator of the General Services Administration, announced Monday afternoon that she had determined that President-elect Joe Biden is the "apparent winner" of the Nov. 3 presidential election, clearing the way for federal agencies to cooperate with Biden's team on the transition. In a tweet, Trump endorsed...
Nov 23, 2020 4:48 PM CST
Michigan Confirms Results
Republican who voted with Democrats to certify Biden's win says 'the law is pretty clear'
- After listening to three hours' worth of public comment and receiving a recommendation from the state Bureau of Elections to approve, a Michigan board voted to certify President-elect Joe Biden's Nov. 3 victory in the state. One Republican member voted with the two Democrats to confirm the certified results...
Gets the Boot
Nov 23, 2020 2:22 AM CST
Controversial Trump Lawyer Gets the Boot
Sidney Powell cut by campaign
- A controversial member of President Trump's legal team has been shown the door. Sidney Powell, the lawyer called out by Tucker Carlson over her refusal to present evidence of her claim that Dominion voting machines switched millions of votes from Trump to Biden, is now "practicing law on...
'I've Had It!'
Recount Gets Ugly
Nov 22, 2020 2:30 PM CST
'I've Had It!' The Wisconsin Recount Gets Ugly
At least 2 Trump observers are escorted out
- Wisconsin recount observer Ardis Cerny stretched her neck as far as she could toward a Plexiglas divider separating her from two vote counters, eagle-eyeing them as they scrutinized ballot papers one by one. When one tabulator told the ardent supporter of President Trump she was leaning too far over a...
Not Yet, Putin Says
of Congratulating Biden
Nov 22, 2020 11:30 AM CST
Not Yet, Putin Says of Congratulating Biden
Russia wants to see 'legitimate, legal' confirmation of the election results
- Don't read anything into Russia's reluctance to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden, Vladimir Putin said Sunday. That process is just a formality, the Russian leader said on state TV, Bloomberg reports. But he specified that his recognition does have prerequisites. "We will work with anyone who has the...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
After Backlash, Rittenhouse's Student Status Changes
FTC Orders Walmart, Amazon to Explain 'Sky-High Prices'
Calls for Chris Cuomo to Be Fired After Documents Released
Moderna CEO Predicts 'Material Drop' in Vaccine Effectiveness
A Model Died After an LA Party. Now Her Friend Is Brain-Dead
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.