Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Liz Cheney Now
Has a Bestselling Book
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 AM CST
Liz Cheney Now Has a Bestselling Book
'Oath and Honor' soars to No. 1 on Amazon bestseller list, temporarily sells out
- Liz Cheney may not yet know if she's going to throw her hat in the ring for the 2024 presidential race, but in the meantime, she can bask in the success of her new book. The former GOP congresswoman's
Oath and Honor: A Memoir and a Warning
Publisher of Meadows Memoir
Wants Its Money Back
Nov 4, 2023 8:30 AM CDT
Publisher of Meadows Memoir Wants Its Money Back
All Seasons Press sues ex-White House chief of staff, accusing him of lying about the 2020 election
- As he remains tied to legal wranglings regarding multiple cases against former President Donald Trump, Mark Meadows now has a new issue to contend with—an irate publisher. Insider reports that on Thursday, All Seasons Press pulled
The Chief's Chief
, the memoir penned by the former White House chief...
Him for Death
Oct 30, 2023 1:57 PM CDT
Singer Says Carrie Fisher's Daughter Blames Him for Death
'You're Beautiful' performer James Blunt says he'd do drugs with Fisher in 'different approach' to her addiction
- Carrie Fisher died almost seven years ago, but another celebrity is now saying that Fisher's daughter blames him for the
actor's death. "You're Beautiful" singer James Blunt is out with a new memoir,
Loosely Based on a Made-Up Story
, and in it, he addresses...
Reading of Spears
Oct 27, 2023 12:47 PM CDT
Michelle Williams' Reading of Spears Memoir Is Getting Attention
Actor is making headlines for her reading of audiobook, especially one Timberlake snippet
- Britney Spears' new memoir continues to make headlines , and now the audiobook for
The Woman in Me
, released Tuesday, is making news of its own. It's narrated by Oscar-nominated actor Michelle Williams, whose readings are now going viral, particularly one snippet involving Spears' ex, Justin Timberlake. That clip, per...
More Big Reveals
Oct 25, 2023 6:11 AM CDT
More Big Reveals From Britney Spears' Memoir
Further details on her abortion, her friendship with Madonna, and that snake from MTV's VMAs
- Britney Spears' memoir,
The Woman in Me
, was released Tuesday, and some of the buzzier nuggets had already been circulating in advance—including the revelation that the singer had an abortion years ago when she was dating Justin Timberlake. More details are now out on that latter disclosure, per
Will Smith Reacts
to Jada's Memoir
Oct 16, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Will Smith Reacts to Jada's Memoir
'If I had read this book 30 years ago, I definitely would have hugged you more'
- So how does Will Smith feel about Jada Pinkett Smith's upcoming memoir , which reveals the couple secretly separated in 2016 ? That's just one of the book's reveals—it also delves into struggles in Pinkett Smith's past, including her challenges as a teen in Baltimore, her...
How Sex on the
Jun 9, 2023 11:54 AM CDT
How Sex on the
Set Helped Elliot Page
Trans actor opens up about family estrangement, intense societal pressures in new memoir
- Elliot Page found his breakout role in 2007's
and nearly quit show business as a result. Under the media's gaze, the Canadian actor was "made to feel that I was inadequate, erroneous, the little queer who needed to be tucked away," the 36-year-old writes in...
Liz Cheney Has a 'Warning'
Apr 18, 2023 1:55 PM CDT
Liz Cheney Has a 'Warning'
Ousted House Republican's memoir, 'Oath and Honor,' is out in November
- Former Rep. Liz Cheney has a memoir and a "warning" coming out this fall. In
Oath and Honor: A Memoir and a Warning,
she'll write about her estrangement from former President Trump and the Republican Party in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 siege of the US Capitol,...
Sam Neill Makes Big Reveal in
Memoir: 'I'm Not Off the Hook'
Mar 18, 2023 7:15 AM CDT
Sam Neill Makes Big Reveal in Memoir: 'I'm Not Off the Hook'
'Jurassic Park' actor will need chemo for life in blood cancer battle, though he's now in remission
- Sam Neill's memoir,
Did I Ever Tell You This?
, will be released Tuesday, but the
got an advance copy, and one line in particular jumped out: "The thing is, I'm crook. Possibly dying. I may have to speed this up." In a sit-down with Neill...
Isn't Who You
Think She Is
Jan 27, 2023 11:38 AM CST
Pam Anderson Isn't Who You Think She Is
'LAT' op-ed says new memoir, documentary show a survivor who doesn't dwell on the past
- Prince Harry's memoir has been all the rage this month, but another one is about to drop that's already stealing away some of those headlines.
, penned by
star Pamela Anderson, is set for release on Tuesday, as is
Pamela: A Love Story
, a complementary documentary...
Had a Very Good
Jan 20, 2023 9:09 AM CST
Had a Very Good First Week
Prince's memoir sold more than 3.2M copies worldwide
- If Prince Harry was worried that leaks of his new memoir ahead of its Jan. 10 release would hurt sales, he needn't have fretted.
ended up selling upward of 3.2 million copies around the globe in its first week, and the AP notes the book will probably...
Harry's Much-Leaked Memoir
Breaks a Record Anyway
Jan 11, 2023 6:32 AM CST
Harry's Much-Leaked Memoir Breaks a Record Anyway
For first-day sales of nonfiction books in the UK
- The early leak of Prince Harry's memoir didn't stop it from breaking the UK record for first-day sales of a nonfiction book, which it did on Tuesday when it was released. "We always knew this book would fly but it is exceeding even our most bullish expectations,...
For the Palace,
'Truth Didn't Matter'
Jan 10, 2023 7:35 AM CST
Prince Harry: For the Palace, 'Truth Didn't Matter'
He describes falsities, Charles planting unflattering stories about his sons
- Then-Prince Charles awoke his 12-year-old son to tell him his mother had died in a car crash—but he didn't hug him. "He wasn't great at showing emotions under normal circumstances. How could he be expected to show them in such a crisis?" Prince Harry writes in...
Harry Talks Losing His Virginity,
Using Psychic to Talk to Mom
Jan 6, 2023 8:45 AM CST
Harry Talks Losing His Virginity, Using Psychic to Talk to Mom
War kills, bigotry, 'the other woman' also come up in memoir 'Spare'
- To say Prince Harry opens up in his new memoir is surely an understatement. In addition to revealing a physical altercation with his brother , he discusses feeling the "absence of love and affection in our home" as a child, using cocaine at 17, losing his virginity in a field...
Pence: 'We Will Have Better
Choices' Than Trump
Nov 17, 2022 7:10 PM CST
Pence: 'We Will Have Better Choices' Than Trump
Former VP says voters want 'new leadership' in 2024
- Former Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday that voters are "looking for new leadership" following the disappointing midterm elections for Republicans, who are now openly debating whether his onetime boss, Donald Trump, should maintain a leading role in the party. In an interview with the AP , Pence implicitly positioned...
Prince Harry's Memoir
Gets a Fitting Title
Oct 27, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Prince Harry's Memoir Gets a Fitting Title
Book will be called 'Spare,' a reference to his position as younger brother to a future king
- Prince Harry's memoir—which he once promised to be an "accurate and wholly truthful" account of his life, including "the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned"—is coming Jan. 10. On Thursday, his publishers announced it would be called
, an apparent nod to...
Posthumous Memoir Reveals
Paul Newman Nobody Knew
Oct 18, 2022 4:26 PM CDT
Posthumous Memoir Reveals Paul Newman Nobody Knew
It's 'surprising for its candor and vulnerability,' writes NYT's Dave Itzkoff
- Paul Newman has a posthumous memoir, and it reveals a man “dogged by self-doubt, perpetually questioning his choices, and plagued by past mistakes,” according to Dave Itzkoff of the
New York Times .
As Itzkoff notes, the book is not a product of Newman “sitting down at a...
Jolie Tipped Off Photog
for First Brangelina Scoop
Sep 8, 2022 9:20 AM CDT
Jolie Tipped Off Photog for First Brangelina Scoop
'Rolling Stone' co-founder Jann Wenner dishes celebrity tales in memoir out Tuesday
co-founder Jann Wenner has a lot of celebrity anecdotes—some of which he's exposing in an upcoming memoir. Perhaps the juiciest tidbit to come out of
Like a Rolling Stone
involves the 2000s love triangle that was Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie. Wenner, who formerly...
Hunter Biden's 'Ultra-Private'
Ex-Wife Finally Opens Up
Jun 1, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Hunter Biden's 'Ultra-Private' Ex-Wife Finally Opens Up
Kathleen Buhle releases her memoir, 'If We Break,' on June 14
- If the name Kathleen Buhle doesn't ring a bell, perhaps the 53-year-old's former name will: Kathleen Biden. The ex-wife of Hunter Biden is a couple weeks away from releasing
If We Break,
reported in January would mark the first time Buhle spoke publicly about the...
Conway Spills on George,
Kushner, Trump in New Book
May 23, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
Conway Spills on George, Kushner, Trump in New Book
'America will survive. George and I may not,' ex-WH counsel writes in 'Here's the Deal,' out Tuesday
- Kellyanne Conway has a new book coming out this week, and one of the people she goes after most is the one she lives with. "I had two men in my life," Conway writes in
Here's the Deal
, due out from Simon and Schuster on Tuesday, per...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Evert Reveals 'Diagnosis I Never Wanted to Hear'
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.