Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump
Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Dec 23, 2020 8:33 AM CST
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Eric Coomer says he's had to go into hiding due to conspiracy theories about election 'rigging'
- A high-ranking employee for a company that provided election equipment and software in 28 states has been subjected to harassment and death threats so alarming that he was forced to go into hiding a week after the election. Now, Eric Coomer says he wants his life back, and he's...
Hotel That Had American Jailed
Is Furious With Tripadvisor
Nov 11, 2020 12:48 PM CST
Hotel That Had American Jailed Is Furious With Tripadvisor
Sea View Resort and Spa given 'one-of-a-kind' warning label
- American Wesley Barnes was made to apologize for his unkind reviews of a Thai resort hotel so as to avoid years in jail . But if the Sea View Resort and Spa in Koh Chang celebrated a victory, it was premature. Now that charges have been dismissed and Barnes has left...
American Escapes Jail Time
After 'Stilted' Apology to Resort
Oct 9, 2020 11:23 AM CDT
American Escapes Jail Time After 'Stilted' Apology to Resort
Wesley Barnes had faced years behind bars for trashing Thai resort online, violating defamation law
- Looks like Wesley Barnes won't see jail time after all. The American living in Thailand had complained online , including on the Tripadvisor site, about the Sea View Koh Chang resort, airing grievances about his stay there over the "unfriendly staff" and accusing the resort of "modern-day slavery"...
Tripadvisor Review Could
Land American in Jail
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 3, 2020 2:00 PM CDT
Tripadvisor Review Could Land American in Jail
Thailand resort sues Wesley Barnes after he posts slams online
- Wesley Barnes did not enjoy his stay at the Sea View Resort in Thailand, as he made very clear in online reviews. Now the American faces two years in prison on defamation charges as a result, reports AFP . It appears the review that got Barnes into potentially deep trouble was...
She Claimed Politician Was a
Pedophile, Now Owes $625K
Sep 22, 2020 12:51 PM CDT
She Claimed Politician Was a Pedophile, Now Owes $625K
Australian MP's accuser is unapologetic, to say the least
- Internet trolls, beware: A conspiracy theorist who claimed a politician was involved in a pedophile ring has been ordered to pay more than half a million dollars. Last month, Anne Webster, a first-term Australian MP, and her husband sued Karen Brewer over a series of Facebook posts that claimed Webster...
Moves to Help
Sep 9, 2020 2:08 AM CDT
Justice Dept. Moves to Help Trump With Accuser's Lawsuit
Or, as accuser E. Jean Carroll puts it, 'TRUMP HURLS BILL BARR AT ME'
- President Trump might be getting some help from the Justice Department with the lawsuit one of his accusers filed against him last year. E. Jean Carroll, who says Trump raped her at a Manhattan department store in the 1990s, sued him for defamation over his public denial of ever having...
to Devin Nunes:
Jun 25, 2020 9:40 AM CDT
Parody Cow to Devin Nunes: 'Good Moooos'
Judge rules congressman can't sue Twitter over insulting accounts
- A judge has delivered a blow to California Rep. Devin Nunes in ruling that he can't sue Twitter over insults posted by a fake internet cow . In a Friday decision, Judge John Marshall of Virginia wrote that Twitter was "immune from the defamation claims" under a federal law...
Not Going After
May 27, 2020 1:51 PM CDT
Tulsi Gabbard Not Going After Clinton Anymore
She drops defamation suit against the former secretary of state
- "Plaintiffs Tulsi Gabbard and Tulsi Now, Inc. dismiss this action." So reads the Wednesday court filing that puts an end to Gabbard's defamation suit against Hillary Clinton. Gabbard sued Clinton in January over Clinton's late 2019 suggestion that the then-2020 candidate was a "Russian asset....
Trump Campaign Sues
Over Russia Op-Ed
Feb 27, 2020 1:00 AM CST
Trump Campaign Sues
Over Russia Op-Ed
Essay claimed Trump had deal with Putin to defeat Clinton in 2016
- The campaign to reelect President Trump is suing the
New York Times
for defamation, saying it was responsible for an essay by a former executive editor for the newspaper that claimed the campaign made a deal with Russian officials to defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016. In the lawsuit filed in...
to Lady Gaga
About Katy Perry
Just Cost Her
Feb 7, 2020 8:47 AM CST
Kesha's Text to Lady Gaga About Katy Perry Just Cost Her
Judge rules 32-year-old singer defamed music producer Dr. Luke by claiming he'd raped Perry
- A legal battle that's been raging for six years between Kesha Rose Sebert (aka singer-songwriter Kesha) and music producer Dr. Luke (full name: Lukasz Gottwald) just earned a notch for Gottwald. Kesha, now 32, had filed a 2014 lawsuit against Gottwald, accusing him of verbal abuse and sexual assault,...
Hillary Clinton Just Got
Sued for $50M for Defamation
Jan 22, 2020 9:50 AM CST
Hillary Clinton Just Got Sued for $50M for Defamation
Tulsi Gabbard is not having that Russian asset accusation
- Remember that time Hillary Clinton called a presidential candidate in her own party a Russian asset , and then everyone had a good chortle and ate scones and jam together ? No? Well, neither does the aforementioned presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, who's now suing Clinton for defamation and $50 million...
Judge Won't Halt
Trump Accuser's Lawsuit
Jan 10, 2020 8:11 AM CST
Judge Won't Halt Trump Accuser's Lawsuit
E. Jean Carroll celebrates as NY judge rejects motion to dismiss
- A judge has denied President Trump's motion to dismiss a defamation lawsuit brought by writer and accuser E. Jean Carroll. The president's lawyers argued he couldn't be sued in New York because his denial of Carroll's claim that he raped her in a Manhattan department store...
Hits JLo Company
Jan 8, 2020 2:05 AM CST
Strip-Club Host Hits JLo Company With Staggering Lawsuit
Samantha Barbash makes good on her promise to sue over 'Hustlers'
- The woman who inspired Jennifer Lopez's turn in
is suing the movie's production companies for an eye-popping $40 million, the Wrap reports. Samantha Barbash claims the producers defamed her and disregarded her civil rights. "My client is offended that the defendants used her likeness to make...
Will Cost Woman $200K
Jan 4, 2020 1:00 PM CST
Social-Media Posts Will Cost Woman $200K
Noelle Halcrow mounted a 'relentless' social-media campaign, judge says
- A Vancouver woman owes her ex-boyfriend $200,000 after defaming him with what a judge called a "relentless" and "malicious" social-media campaign, the CBC reports. The ruling went against Noelle Halcrow, who had posted over 85 messages calling ex-boyfriend Brandon Rook a "no-good drunkard" and "down-and-out...
for $100K Over
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 AM CST
Alex Jones, Infowars Hit for $100K Over Sandy Hook
Judge orders conspiracy theorist to pay court costs, legal fees to family of slain Newtown boy Jesse Lewis
- Alex Jones and his Infowars website haven't even gone to trial yet regarding a lawsuit brought against him by a Sandy Hook family, but the case has already put him nearly $130,000 in the hole, not counting his own expenses. Per the Daily Beast , in addition to an...
Dec 6, 2019 5:30 PM CST
Musk Wins Defamation Suit From Cave Explorer
Tesla CEO said 'pedo guy' tweet didn't really mean 'pedophile'
- Elon Musk did not defame a British cave explorer when he called him "pedo guy" in an angry tweet, a Los Angeles jury found Friday. Vernon Unsworth, who participated in the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach trapped for weeks in a Thailand cave last year, had...
Who Says She Had
Affair With Trump,
Sues Fox News
Dec 5, 2019 4:00 PM CST
Karen McDougal, Who Says She Had Affair With Trump, Sues Fox News
Tucker Carlson defamed her by referring to extortion, lawsuit says
- Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model who says she had an affair with Donald Trump before he was president, filed a defamation suit Thursday against Fox News. McDougal received $150,000 that Michael Cohen, Trump's lawyer, has said came from him. In December 2018, Fox host Tucker Carlson said...
Elon Musk Will
Have His Day
Dec 3, 2019 8:43 AM CST
Elon Musk Will Have His Day in Court
Tesla CEO to testify this week in trial tied to 'pedo guy' defamation lawsuit brought by British diver
- Elon Musk has made at least a few tweets he probably regrets (or maybe not ), but one in particular will see him in court this week for a defamation trial. In October, a judge rejected Musk's attempts to nix the lawsuit brought against him by British diver Vernon...
Sues City, Mayor
Nov 19, 2019 7:17 AM CST
Meteorologist Fired for Racial Slur Sues City, Mayor
Jeremy Kappell claims defamation from the city of Rochester, NY, and Mayor Lovely Warren
- He's already sued the TV station that fired him for uttering a racial slur on the air in January; now a meteorologist has filed a lawsuit against the city of Rochester, NY, and its mayor. Per the
Democrat and Chronicle
, Jeremy Kappell is suing the city and Mayor Lovely...
Nov 11, 2019 10:10 AM CST
Tulsi Gabbard's Lawyers to Clinton: Take It Back
They want Clinton to retract her comments about the 2020 candidate
- The Tulsi Gabbard-Hillary Clinton beef now includes lawyers. Attorneys for the 2020 hopeful on Monday sent a letter to Clinton demanding that she "immediately" retract her "defamatory" comments on Gabbard; they want a verbal retraction, as well as one posted to Twitter, reports the
. The comments in...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
Topless Anti-Russia Protester Crashes Cannes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.