Charlie Sheen had a bad reaction to some medicine, which caused him to trash a hotel room and have a hooker-related meltdown? Suuuuuure. The New York Daily News rounds up more ridiculous celebrity excuses:
- Britney Spears: Why did she drive with a 4-month-old baby on her lap? Because that’s how she was brought up: “We’re country.”
- Tatum O’Neal: She was really, really upset after losing her Scottish terrier … so upset that she bought crack cocaine.
- Nicole Richie: After trying to enter a highway through the exit ramp, she admitted being under the influence of marijuana and Vicodin. Why? “I have really bad menstrual cramps.”
- Eddie Murphy: No no no, he wasn’t picking up a transvestite prostitute to engage in any sort of illegal activity. He was just being nice and offering the hooker a ride.
- Ashlee Simpson: Why did she need a pre-recorded vocal track for her performance on Saturday Night Live in 2004? A bad case of acid reflux.
for the complete list. Want more Charlie Sheen? Click here
for a roundup of the hilarious Twitter reactions to his hotel room incident. (Read more entertainment