The Out 100 list is here, celebrating Ricky Martin—who came out in March—as entertainer of the year. More from the list:
- Johnny Weir: The glamorous Olympic figure skater is named diva of the year.
- Rachel Maddow: The newsmaker of the year says the tragedy of AIDS in the 1980s led her into the areas of activism and politics.
- Nate Berkus: The Oprah Winfrey Show alumni launched his own TV project in May, and is named stylemaker of the year.
- Scissor Sisters: This band makes the list while celebrating the success of its third album, which harkens "back to the gay heyday of pre-AIDS New York City."
- Prabal Gurung: Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Demi Moore, and other celebrities have worn his designs.
- Chely Wright: She became the first major country music star to come out, in May.
- Katie Miller: She withdrew from West Point because she could not be honest there about her sexuality, and is now studying political science at Yale while fighting to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell.
for more. (Read more LGBT