Happy Meals may come with fruit now, but that doesn't mean gut-busters have been wiped from menus. And while Applebee's Provolone-Stuffed Meatballs dish is the stuff of legend, the Daily Beast also ferrets out a few surprises on its list of worst new fast food:
- California Pizza Kitchen's Caramelized Peach Salad With Grilled Chicken Breast: Seems like a cruel trick, but this entree salad with seemingly harmless peaches and a light vinaigrette actually has 1,187 calories.
- Denny's Meat and Potatoes Sandwich: No surprise here—a cheddar bun, filled with prime rib, French fries, cheese, gravy, and mayo. For extra carbs, you get a side of mashed potatoes, and a total 1,025 calories
- Applebee's Bruschetta Topped Chicken Salad: Another disguised offender with 1,110 calories, and 3,100 mg of sodium.
- Olive Garden's Carbonara Ravioli with Chicken: Pan-seared chicken with cheese-filled pasta packs 1,390 calories before any mention of unlimited breadsticks.
- Perkins' Banana 'n Strawberry French Toast Platter: Breakfast starts and almost finishes the day's caloric intake, with 1,410 calories.
- TGI Fridays' burgers: Fridays' burger menu starred prominently on this list—the Kansas City BBQ Burger (1,380), the New York Cheddar and Bacon Burger (1,500), and even worse, the Southwest Burger (1,690 calories).
For the rest of the list, click here.
(Read more Applebee's