The only thing worse than buying a lemon is buying a used lemon. Here's a list of 2012's worst used cars compiled by Consumer Reports and courtesy of ABC News.
- Audi Q5 (V6): Reported problems in 2002-2011 included engine cooling, body integrity, and especially the audio system.
- BMW 535i: The 2008-2011 models showed technical difficulties in the fuel system and the electrical system.
- Cadillac STS: "A total nightmare," says Consumer Reports. Production was halted after the 2011 model.
- Dodge Grand Caravan: Once top of the line in its category, the old Grand Caravans are riddled with problems in their brakes, climate system, and body integrity.
- Ford Thunderbird: The faux sports car was taken out of production in 2005 after troubles with the engine, electric system, and transmission.
Check out the whole list here
. (Read more cars