Patriots' Moss Denies Battery Accusation

Calls claim by Florida woman 'accident,' says she wants money
By Sam Gale Rosen,  Newser Staff
Posted Jan 16, 2008 4:37 PM CST
Patriots' Moss Denies Battery Accusation
New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss stands on the field while the team stretches before practice begins at the NFL football team's facility in Foxborough, Mass., Wednesday afternoon, Jan. 16, 2008. Earlier in the day Moss answered reporter's questions concerning allegations that he committed...   (Associated Press)

(Newser) – New England receiver Randy Moss today said an incident in which a Florida woman is accusing him of battery was "an accident" and that the accusations are financially motivated, the Boston Globe reports. "I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner," said Moss, whose Patriots host San Diego on Sunday for berth in the Super Bowl.

"They're false allegations, something I've been battling for like the last couple of days of threats going public if I didn't pay X amount of dollars," said Moss, telling the Associated Press that the accuser has been a friend for 11 years. "This young lady by no means is hurt. I didn't hurt her." (Read more Randy Moss stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X