Elin Nordegren gave a rare public speech Saturday—because she graduated Rollins College with a bachelor's degree in psychology, and won an award for her 3.96 GPA, People reports. The 34-year-old started classes on the Florida campus in 2005, and took some time off when her kids were born—and when then-husband Tiger Woods' cheating scandal erupted. She even referred to that period during her speech, calling it "the wild storm of my personal life" and joking that she "probably should have taken more notes" in her Communication and the Media class. Five more celebs who just earned their degrees:
- Lakers guard Jodie Meeks graduated Saturday from the University of Kentucky, where he spent three years playing for the Wildcats before leaving for the NBA in 2009. He had been attending classes every off-season to finish his degree in business marketing, the Los Angeles Times reports. "It's gratifying to myself and my family to see me walk across that stage," Meeks said last week. "You never know how long your career will last. Once you have a degree, you have it forever."
- That's Dr. Puff Daddy to you. Rapper Sean Combs was awarded an honorary doctorate in the humanities from DC's Howard University, which he attended for two years before dropping out in 1990, Rolling Stone reports. "Ain't no homecoming like a Howard homecoming," Dr. Combs said while giving the commencement address Saturday.
- Earlier this month, fellow rapper LL Cool J also got an honorary degree; his was a Doctor of Arts from Boston's Northeastern University—and his daughter graduated with honors during the same ceremony, Vibe reports.
- Singer-songwriter Grace Potter will receive an honorary bachelor of arts degree from New York's St. Lawrence University this Sunday, the Rutland Herald reports. Potter, who formed her band during her two years at the university, will also speak at commencement.
- Led Zeppelin rocker Jimmy Page got an honorary doctoral degree in music Friday from Boston's Berklee College of Music, Rolling Stone reports. "Music has so much power across so many avenues," he said at the ceremony. "To be in a position to do the thing you’re best at, which is making music, and bringing joy and pleasure to other people, it can’t be much better than that. I wish to pass that on to all of you."
(Read more Elin Nordegren