X

He Proposes, Accidentally Sets House on Fire

... while cooking her birthday breakfast
By John Johnson,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 20, 2015 3:30 PM CST
He Proposes, Accidentally Sets House on Fire
   (Shutterstock)

(Newser) – On his girlfriend's birthday yesterday, a New Jersey man did three memorable things: First he proposed. Second, he set about cooking her a birthday breakfast. Third, he set the house on fire while doing the second thing, reports NJ.com. Luckily, everybody got out OK, though the second and third floors of the house suffered extensive fire damage, reports the Press of Atlantic City.

story continues below

Isaiah Cox explains that he had just started cooking when he went into another room to check on his crying infant son. "It took about a minute, but when I got back the cabinets were on fire," he says. "I was so confused I forgot to grab the fire extinguisher that was right there when you enter the kitchen." For the record, the story doesn't mention whether his girlfriend said yes. (Read more fire stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X