Celebrity relationships are often blink-and-you-miss-them moments, so it's refreshing when celebs like Ben Affleck admit that keeping a marriage going, especially in Hollywood, takes a lot of work (albeit "the best kind of work.") Below are seven famous couples who've reportedly used therapy as a tool to keep their relationship working:
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard: The Veronica Mars actress recently confessed that she and Dax, who've been married since 2013, go to couples counseling as a way of preventing problems from bubbling up in their relationship: "You do better in the gym with a trainer; you don't figure out how to cook without reading a recipe. Therapy is not something to be embarrassed about," she told Good Housekeeping.
- Beyonce and Jay Z: Even a couple who's "crazy in love" can use a little help, it seems. The power couple reportedly have seen a therapist "for a long time" and even kept up with their weekly sessions via Skype while on tour.
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel: Earlier this year, the singer revealed that she and her husband of six years are both fans of therapy. Josh is "not afraid ... he doesn't feel like he's not man enough" for counseling, she said.
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson: After a heated argument at a restaurant, Jessica reportedly asked Eric to attend couples counseling with her in order to work on their communication skills, reports OK!
Click for seven more celebrity couples who've gone to counseling.
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden: They have only been married for a few months, but according to reports, the actress and her rocker husband thought it would be a good idea to start attending couples counseling as a "preventative measure." "They didn’t know each other very long before getting married, and they want to avoid any potential stumbling blocks that may pop up," said a source to Star magazine.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: After the birth of their daughter, North, in 2013, it was reported that Kim and Kanye sought out therapy in order to help them adjust to parenthood.
- Pink and Carey Hart: The singer and her motocross racing husband famously split in 2008 and then reconciled a year later, and Pink once told Redbook that she and Carey "are couples-therapy people. We do it for maintenance, not problems."
(Read more celebrity couples