X

9 Treated for Burns in Fireworks Misfire

Show in Colorado has a gaffe
By Newser Editors,  Newser Staff
Posted Jul 4, 2015 11:47 AM CDT

(Newser) – The first big fireworks fail of the holiday is out of Avon, Colorado, where an accident during a show last night left nine people with minor burns. It happened about 17 minutes into the festivities, when a shell apparently exploded in its tube instead of soaring into the sky, reports ABC News. “The misfired shell caused the rack of 5” shells to tip in two directions causing two to three shells to cross into the crowd,” says a statement from the town manager. All of those injured were treated and released at the scene. See this Instagram video, or others in the video gallery. (Read more fireworks stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X