Ted Cruz's botched hug might be getting more attention than his concession speech on Tuesday night. Cruz managed to elbow his wife, Heidi, in the head while moving in to hug his father, Rafael. This has not gone unnoticed:
- Christina Cauterucci, Slate: "Cruz's awkward physicality ... was a sore spot throughout his campaign. It feels right that Cruz's run ended not with a bang, but with a failed attempt at intimacy."
- Ashley Feinberg, Gawker: "This cringe-inducing moment of oblivion is the perfect coda to Ted Cruz’s campaign—deeply uncomfortable, borderline sociopathic, and embarrassing for everyone involved."
- Philip Bump, Washington Post: "When it rains."
- Jeff Darcy, Cleveland.com: "It epitomized a campaign filled with sharp elbows thrown by the Cruz and Trump camps."
- Catherine Garcia, the Week: "If you ever find yourself standing on a stage with Ted Cruz, run—don't walk—away as fast as you can for your own protection, lest you become the latest person to get hurt."
(Read more Ted Cruz