Hillary Clinton on Tuesday released an 11-page candidate financial disclosure form she filed with the FEC earlier this week, the AP reports. The release came just hours after Donald Trump put out a statement describing his personal wealth at $10 billion, and Clinton took the opportunity to sting Trump for refusing to release his tax returns, a theme she's repeated in recent days. Last year, Clinton released her own family tax returns covering 1977 to 2014. Some revelations in her latest disclosure:
- In 2015 she earned more than $5 million in royalties from her book, Hard Choices, and about $1.5 million in speaking fees before she launched her presidential campaign.
- Clinton made at least 94 appearances before corporate and other special interests between 2013 and 2015, earning more than $21.6 million. Her speeches to Wall Street interests have spurred questions about her own lack of transparency, leading to repeated calls from her Democratic rival, Bernie Sanders, for transcripts.
- A review of federal records, regulatory filings, and correspondence by the AP shows that almost all the 82 corporations, trade associations, and other groups that paid for or sponsored Clinton's speeches have actively sought to sway the government—lobbying, bidding for contracts, commenting on federal policy, and in some cases contacting State Department officials or Clinton herself during her tenure as secretary of state.
- Bill Clinton reaped more than $5 million from banking, tech, and other corporate interests through last November. Bill Clinton also made an undisclosed amount of money last year consulting for two international interests—the Dubai-based Varkey GEMS Foundation and Laureate Education Inc., a global for-profit education firm.
- Earlier Tuesday, Trump announced he had submitted his own candidate financial disclosure form to the FEC, saying it showed "a tremendous cash flow" and growing revenues from his businesses. According to Trump, over the last 17 months his businesses' revenues grew by $190 million and he earned $557 million in income.
(Read more Hillary Clinton