"Netflix and chill" is out; Netflix and (shudders) pee is in. In a survey of 37,000 adults around the world conducted a few months ago, Netflix found 7% of people admit to streaming movies or TV shows while in a public restroom, Quartz reports. Overall, the company found 67% of people stream content while outside their homes. Here are some of the other notable numbers:
- The most popular places to watch Netflix outside the home are on buses, planes, and the commute.
- 26% of people say they've streamed movies or TV shows while at work.
- 20% of people admitted to crying while watching Netflix in public.
- 17% say they've missed their stop while commuting because they were distracted by a movie or TV show.
- 45% of people watching Netflix outside their homes have caught someone sneakily watching along with them.
- 11% say they've had a TV show or movie spoiled by someone watching it in public.
- 27% of people say a stranger has interrupted their Netflix viewing to talk about what they're watching.
- And finally, only 18% admit they're embarrassed about watching Netflix in public.
(Read more Netflix