John Goodman spoke out on the Roseanne controversy Wednesday but stayed very diplomatic. "I wasn't gonna get an Emmy anyway," the 65-year-old actor told Entertainment Tonight when asked about the hit ABC show being cancelled because of co-star Roseanne Barr's offensive tweet. He declined to comment at length, saying he hadn't been following the news and would "rather say nothing than cause more trouble." When asked about rumors that he could star in a spin-off, Goodman, who played Barr's on-screen husband, said: "Then you've heard more than I have." In a tweet Wednesday, Barr said it was a shame ABC had "thrown out" co-stars Goodman and Laurie Metcalf, "two of the greatest actors in the world."
In another tweet Wednesday, Barr told her followers that their support made her "feel like fighting back." I will examine all of my options carefully and get back to U," she wrote. Her dozens of retweets in the following hours included attacks on George Soros, the "liberal media," the Democratic Party, and Ambien, which fired back at her after she blamed the drug for her racist tweet against former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. Despite her request Wednesday for fans not to "start all that boycott stuff," she also retweeted a call for a boycott of Disney, ABC's parent company. The AP reports that Roseanne was the most-watched comedy on TV last week, though nobody at the time knew that it would be the show's final episode. It was watched by 10.58 million people, behind only NCIS. (Read more Roseanne Barr stories.)