President Trump said his Supreme Court pick will "go very quickly," Democrats will "get beaten so badly," and Harley-Davidson "shouldn't play cute" because "Harley is an American bike." And that's before he warned that MS-13 could threaten the entire country if Democrats abolish ICE. "Well I hope [Democrats] keep thinking about it," he said on Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo, per Fox News. "Because they’re going to get beaten so badly. You know ICE, these are the guys that go in and take MS-13, and they take them out. Because they're much tougher than MS-13, like by a factor of 10. And these are the ones—you get rid of ICE, you’re going to have a country that you’re going to be afraid to walk out of your house." (See video here.) In other highlights:
- Abortion: The right to abortion "could very well end up" being decided state-by-state if Trump's Supreme Court pick is seated, he said, but he "probably" won't ask the nominee to say ahead of time whether Roe v. Wade should stand. "But I'm putting conservative people on."
- Waters + Pelosi = Crime: "Between Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi, and getting rid of ICE and having open borders, and the biggest thing you have open borders," said Trump. "All it’s going to do is lead to massive, massive crime. That’s going to be their platform, open borders which equals crime. I think they’ll never win another election. So I’m actually quite happy about it."
- Harley, Pt. 1: "They made this deal at the beginning of the year, long before they ever heard of the word tariff," said Trump of Harley-Davidson's decision to move some production outside the US. "And I don’t think they should do it. I think that Harley is an American bike. It’s an American motorcycle and they should build them in this country. They shouldn’t play cute."
- Harley, Pt. 2: "I guarantee you everybody that ever bought a Harley Davidson voted for Trump," he added. "I don’t know if you know that. I would have to—they call them bikers for Trump. There’s hundreds. And they’re very unhappy about it."
- Sanctioning Europe: Trump said Washington will "absolutely" hit European companies with sanctions if they deal with Iran, per the Hill. "Yes, of course. That’s what we’re doing. Absolutely."
- Unrequited Love: "The European Union is possibly as bad as China, just smaller. It’s terrible what they do to us," said Trump regarding EU trade policies, the Hill reports. "I love those countries, Germany, and all of the countries. Scotland. ... But they treat us very badly. They treat us very unfairly."
- Stop It, OPEC: Trump was asked if anyone is manipulating oil markets, Reuters reports. "OPEC is and they better stop it because we’re protecting those countries, many of those countries," he said. "OPEC is manipulating."
Trump tweeted Saturday that he asked Saudi Arabia's king to boost oil production, and "he has agreed!"
(Read more President Trump