First Noah Woods saved his sister, pulling her out a window during a house fire last weekend in Georgia's Bartow County. Then he went back for the family dog. Have we mentioned Noah is 5 years old? Fire officials say the blaze in Noah's Kingston home started Sunday in the bedroom he shares with his 2-year-old sister, Lilly, per WXIA. When Noah woke up to see what was going on, he got himself and Lilly out through the bedroom window. But per WINK, Noah wasn't done with his rescuing tasks: He went back inside and saved the family dog as well. After getting safely back outside, he ran next door to his uncle's house, who then alerted the other members of the family still inside the burning home.
"Because of his quick actions, he alerted the rest of the family members, so a total of eight family members were able to get out of the house with only minor injuries and smoke inhalation," Bartow County Fire Chief Dwayne Jamison tells WXIA, adding to CNN that Noah's actions were "extraordinary." Noah himself suffered burns on his hands; the fire also singed his hair. "We thank God for our Noah and his heroic actions," reads a GoFundMe that as of Saturday morning had raised nearly $25,000 for the family, which says the home was a "total loss." "If it wasn't for Noah, we may not be here today." Bartow County Commissioner Steve Taylor proclaimed Friday "Noah Woods Day" in Noah's honor, per ABC News. Fire officials, who suspect the fire was started by an overstressed electrical outlet in the children's bedroom, say there were no functional smoke detectors in the home. (Read more uplifting news stories.)