X

Jackie Chan Has to Deny a Coronavirus Rumor

I'm not sick or quarantined, says action star
By Newser Editors,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 28, 2020 2:20 PM CST

(Newser) – Jackie Chan is in fine health, thank you very much. The 65-year-old action star had to go online to deny rumors he has the coronavirus and is under quarantine, reports the Hong Kong Standard. "Firstly, I’d like to take this opportunity to say 'thank you' for everybody’s concern!" he wrote on his website. "I’m very healthy and safe, and haven’t been quarantined. ... Your love and concern is so heartwarming." Apparently, people have been sending him masks and other items, and Chan says those will be donated to health organizations.

The source of the rumor might be Chan's post earlier this month that a movie of his, Vanguard, was being yanked from China as part of that nation's restrictions on public gatherings, including at theaters. As the Hill notes, Chan at the time offered a reward of 1 million yuan, the equivalent of about $140,000, to anyone who produced a vaccine. "Science and technology is key to overcoming the virus, and I believe many people have the same thought as me and hope that an antidote can be developed as soon as possible," he wrote. (Health officials in Hong Kong say a dog may have tested positive.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.