Eddie Van Halen, who died Tuesday at age 65 of cancer, is being mourned across the world of entertainment. The AP and other outlets round up reactions to the Van Halen guitarist's death:
- “Heartbroken and speechless. My love to the family," tweeted Sammy Hagar.
- “Sad to hear Eddie Van Halen has passed away. A guitar innovator with a fierce spirit of musical and technical exploration. Prayers and thoughts with his family and friends," Yusuf/Cat Stevens tweeted.
- “Rest in peace guitar legend Eddie Van Halen. Broken heart We will miss you," tweeted Billy Idol.
- “Two of the best hours of my life were spent chatting with Eddie Van Halen. A great musician, yes - also a funny and lovely guy who will be missed terribly. Sending love to Janie, Wolf, Alex & all those who loved him," Jimmy Kimmel tweeted.
- “My heart is broken. Eddie was not only a Guitar God, but a genuinely beautiful soul. Rest in peace, Eddie!," Gene Simmons tweeted.
- “I’m so grateful Wolfie and I were able to hold you in your last moments. I will see you in our next life," Van Halen's ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli wrote on Instagram.
- “Crushed. So (expletive) crushed. RIP Eddie Van Halen. You changed our world. You were the Mozart of rock guitar. Travel safe rockstar," tweeted Nikki Sixx.