The Dallas Cowboys nearly blew a big lead today, and the Indianapolis Colts overcame one against the winless Houston Texans:
- The Cincinnati Bengals whittled down the Cowboys' 17-point lead in the fourth quarter, but blew it when receiver Miles Austin couldn't catch an endzone pass, Dallascowboys.com reports. Cowboys 31, Bengals 22.
- The Colts scored 21 points in just over 2 minutes in the fourth quarter, beating the Texans 31-27. Peyton Manning threw two TDs and linebacker Gary Brackett returned a Houston fumble for another score, USA Today reports.
- New coach Jim Zorn led the Redskins to a 23-17 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, improving the team’s record to 4-1. Clinton Portis ran for 145 yards and one touchdown, USA Today reports.
- Solid defense and a late touchdown drive kept the Tennessee Titans undefeated. The Titans rallied to beat the Baltimore Ravens, 13-10.
- The Miami Dolphins upset the defending AFC West champion San Diego Chargers 17-10. The victory marks the first back-to-back wins for Miami in nearly 2 years.
See more scores by clicking on the USA Today
(Read more NFL