It's an inevitability of any election season: Some phrases will get bandied around so much that the hapless American, simply trying to do his civic duty by paying attention, will be crushed under the sheer weight of political verbiage. The Red Eye lists the worst offenders:
- Change: As in, change the channel now.
- Hockey mom: We're not in Alaska any more.
- Joe the Plumber: He's not a licensed plumber, not named Joe.
- Straight talk: A political oxymoron.
- Maverick: James Garner is not running.
- Pitbull: Some imagery is just not politically savvy.
- Undecided: Increasingly becoming a decision.
- Joe Six-Pack: Highly insensitive to beer-swilling liberal elites.
- Game-changer: Games can change for the worse.
- My friends: How many Americans has John McCain even met?
For the full list, click below.
(Read more John McCain