The Detroit Lions today achieved the perfect record that last season eluded the New England Patriots—only perfectly losing at 0-16, reports the AP. In other NFL games:
- The Minnesota Vikings secured their place in the playoffs as a walk-off field goal from Ryan Longwell put them 20-19 over the Giants.
- A year after finishing 1-15, Miami clinched the AFC East title with a 24-17 win over Brett Favre and the Jets.
- Philly clinched an improbable playoff berth, plowing over Dallas 44-6.
- Another field goal with seconds left made the Carolina Panthers the NFC South champions with a 33-31 victory over the New Orleans Saints.
- The Oakland Raiders smashed Tampa Bay’s slim chances of making the playoffs with a 31-24 win.
- The Bears' playoff hopes were dashed as Andre Johnson scored two touchdowns to propel the Houston Texans to a 31-24 win over Chicago.
For more scores, click on the USA Today link below. (Read more NFL