Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Teen Sues School District for
$13.5M Over Pizza Incident
in case you missed it
Jan 8, 2022 12:05 PM CST
Teen Sues School District for $13.5M Over Pizza Incident
Teen alleges his football coaches forced him to eat a pepperoni pizza in violation of his religion
- An Ohio teen who was forced to eat an entire pizza containing pepperoni remnants—in violation of his beliefs as a Hebrew Israelite, which prohibits the consumption of pork—has sued as promised . In a suit filed Wednesday in the US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the...
Man Who Stuffed Razor Blades
in Pizza Dough Is Sentenced
Dec 3, 2021 7:30 AM CST
Man Who Stuffed Razor Blades in Pizza Dough Is Sentenced
Nicholas Mitchell to serve nearly 5 years in prison for effort to sabotage former employer
A man who admitted to planting razor blades in pizza dough sold at a Maine-based supermarket chain was sentenced to 4 years and nine months in prison and ordered to pay nearly $230,000 in restitution on Thursday. "My intentions were never to harm anybody, only to disrupt...
Led to Pig's Blood Pizza
Aug 17, 2021 5:00 PM CDT
'Social Listening' Led to Pig's Blood Pizza
It was a big hit for Pizza Hut Taiwain
- Pizza Hut in Taiwan harnessed the power of social media to create a truly unique pizza topped with preserved eggs and a snack cake made with pig's blood. The "Cilantro Century Egg Pig's Blood Cake Pizza" was invented after the company searched social media for the most...
You'll Never Guess Where
the Best Pizza in the US Is
Jul 17, 2021 12:20 PM CDT
You'll Never Guess Where the Best Pizza in the US Is
Cookbook authors have a surprising announcement after visiting 250 pizzerias
- Who’s going to tell New York? The city that everyone knows has the best pizza in the US, possibly the world, has been dethroned. And you’ll never guess where the best pies are. Modernist Cuisine, the labor of love of former Microsoft chief technical officer Nathan Myhrvold and...
Here's Your New
Apr 13, 2021 8:08 AM CDT
Here's Your New Pizza-Delivery Robot
Domino's is testing service in a single neighborhood in Houston
- Robot pizza delivery is here, at least for a limited few. Domino's Pizza is testing a service that allows customers in Houston's Woodland Heights neighborhood to have their pizza delivered by autonomous vehicles created by robotics company Nuro. These were the first completely autonomous vehicles approved by the...
Pizza Hut's New Offering
Puzzles Some, Pleases Others
Jan 29, 2021 5:05 PM CST
Pizza Hut's New Offering Puzzles Some, Pleases Others
'Detroit-style pizza' is gaining popularity
- Pizza Hut this week rolled out a new menu item after more than a year of development, reports
. It's called Detroit-Style Pizza. If that has you wondering what exactly Detroit-style pizza is, you're not alone, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The newspaper talks to locals and...
Pizza Shop Owner Fends Off
Robber in the Perfect Way
Jul 13, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
Pizza Shop Owner Fends Off Robber in the Perfect Way
He threw a pizza at the guy
- The suspect is described as a white male, with a machete, though he might have cheese, sauce, and maybe some pepperoni in his hair. Police in Delaware say the owner of a pizza shop foiled a robbery by, yes, throwing a pizza at the intruder, reports the
Delaware News Journal
9 Years of Unwanted Pizza
Deliveries Driving Man Crazy
in case you missed it
Jun 14, 2020 10:04 AM CDT
9 Years of Unwanted Pizza Deliveries Driving Man Crazy
Jean Van Landeghem says he cringes at the sound of a scooter
- It's a good problem to have—until it isn't. The Brussels Times has the odd story of Jean Van Landeghem, a 65-year-old man living in Turnhout, Belgium, who has for the last nine years been getting pizzas he hasn't ordered. The orders come at all hours (that...
May 16, 2020 8:15 AM CDT
You've Had Papa John's. Now Visit 'Papa Castle'
PJ's John Schnatter gives brief virtual tour of his Kentucky mansion
- If you've ever wanted to take a peek inside John Schnatter's "Papa Castle," here's your chance. The ex-Papa John's CEO, who was forced to step away from the company in 2018 after using the n-word in a conference call, offered a brief virtual tour...
Papa John's Founder Walks
Back Big Pizza-Eating Claim
Feb 13, 2020 6:09 AM CST
Papa John's Founder Walks Back Big Pizza-Eating Claim
John Schnatter didn't 'eat' 40 pizzas in 30 days, he 'had' 40 pizzas in 30 days
- Back in November, ousted Papa John's founder John Schnatter said he'd eaten 40 of his former company's pizzas in 30 days—or so we all thought. He's now playing a bit of a semantics game with his original wording, and he may get off on a...
Papa John's Ousted CEO:
'It Just Doesn't Taste as Good'
Nov 27, 2019 1:30 AM CST
Papa John's Ousted CEO: 'It Just Doesn't Taste as Good'
John Schnatter says he's eaten 40 pizzas in the last 30 days
- The ousted founder of Papa John's is feeling angry, disappointed—and possibly bloated. In an interview with WDRB , John Schnatter said he has eaten 40 Papa John's pizzas in the last 30 days, and it's not as good as it was when he was running the company....
20 Injured When
Pizza Place Explodes
Jul 6, 2019 12:35 PM CDT
20 Injured When Pizza Place Explodes
2 are seriously hurt in Florida blast
- Twenty people were injured after a vacant pizza restaurant exploded in a South Florida shopping plaza Saturday, according to police. The blast sent debris flying along a busy road in Plantation, west of Fort Lauderdale in Broward County, the AP reports. The restaurant was destroyed, and nearby businesses were damaged....
First, Impossible Burger.
Now, Impossible Pizza
May 20, 2019 7:38 AM CDT
First, Impossible Burger. Now, Impossible Pizza
Little Caesars is first national pizza chain to offer a faux-meat topping
- The meat-substitute movement has entered the world of pizza. Little Caesars is the first national chain to offer a faux-meat topping—Impossible Sausage, reports Business Insider . It will be available on the $12 Impossible Supreme Pizza in select locations for a trial run, per
. The plant-based "sausage" comes...
Apr 1, 2019 3:40 PM CDT
Nigerian Official Makes Bizarre Pizza Claim
Involving British Airways
- It made the BBC's list of legitimate stories that you might mistake for April Fools' pranks: Nigeria's minister of culture last week made the bizarre claim that some Nigerians are ordering pizza from London via cellphone in the morning and that the pies are then flown in via...
He Refused to Go Back to
Prison—Until the Pizza Arrived
Mar 1, 2019 11:30 AM CST
He Refused to Go Back to Prison—Until the Pizza Arrived
Florida suspect nabbed after 4-hour standoff
- "Never underestimate the power of pizza with flavored crust." That's according to Florida's Pensacola Police Department, whose promise of pizza convinced a suspect to surrender Tuesday, thereby ending a four-hour standoff. Cops responding to a report of a possible battery arrived at a home around 10am...
Man Bush Implores
'Both Sides' to
Jan 19, 2019 8:30 AM CST
Pizza Delivery Man Bush Implores 'Both Sides' to End Shutdown
George W. fed his own Secret Service detail while calling for end of shutdown
- As the country awaits President Trump's "major announcement" on the partial government shutdown, an ex-president got to work feeding those affected by it.
reports on a Friday Instagram post from George W. Bush, showing him delivering pizza to his Secret Service detail; nearly 6,000 Secret...
Science Solves How to
Make Great Pizza at Home
Nov 7, 2018 9:05 AM CST
Science Solves How to Make Great Pizza at Home
If you can follow directions, an electric oven will do fine: scientists
- Not all scientific research takes place in labs. Just ask food anthropologist Sergio Grasso and physicists Andrey Varlamov and Andreas Glatz, who had the tough job of sampling Margherita pizzas across Rome in the lead up to their paper , "The Physics of Baking Good Pizza." The pizzaiolos of...
Papa John's Lays the Blame
at the Feet of Papa John
Aug 8, 2018 1:24 AM CDT
Papa John's Lays the Blame at the Feet of Papa John
Company blames founder for 10.5% sales drop
- Sales were way down at Papa John's outlets across the country in July—and "Papa John" himself is the reason why, the company says. President and CEO Steve Ritchie revealed Tuesday that sales were down 10.5% in July, and said "results have been challenged by recent...
Sports Teams Dropping
Papa John's Like It's Hot
Jul 17, 2018 3:25 AM CDT
Sports Teams Dropping Papa John's Like It's Hot
Source says founder John Schnatter regrets resignation
- Papa John's founder has stepped down as chairman and been kicked out of his office at company headquarters—but the company is still experiencing fallout from John Schnatter's use of a racial slur . Since the former CEO admitted using the n-word during a conference call, numerous professional and...
Jul 12, 2018 12:36 AM CDT
Papa John's Is Now Papaless
Founder John Schnatter resigns as chairman
- Papa John's says founder John Schnatter has resigned as chairman of the board. The company made the announcement late Wednesday, hours after Schnatter apologized for using a racial slur during a conference call in May, the AP reports. The apology came after
cited an anonymous source saying the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Mass Killer Gives Nazi Salute at Parole Hearing
Skier May Face Manslaughter Charges After Deadly Collision
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
Giant Swing in Polls Doesn't Bode Well for Democrats
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.