Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on
Queen's Balcony for Celebration
May 6, 2022 12:55 PM CDT
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on Queen's Balcony for Celebration
Neither will Andrew at Platinum Jubilee, as all 3 no longer have royal duties
- In June, the United Kingdom will celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee , a commemoration of her status as the only British monarch ever to have put in 70 years on the throne. And there will be four very special guests in attendance: Prince Harry, his wife Meghan Markle, and their...
Royals Release New Photos
as Charlotte Turns 7
May 2, 2022 1:10 PM CDT
Royals Release New Photos as Charlotte Turns 7
Princess is the spitting image of dad Prince William
- New photos of Princess Charlotte have been released to mark the British royal's seventh birthday—and apart from her full head of hair, she continues to bear a very strong resemblance to father Prince William. The photos, showing Charlotte in a field of bluebells near her family's country...
New Photo of Queen Elizabeth
Marks Her 96th Birthday
Apr 21, 2022 12:40 AM CDT
New Photo of Queen Elizabeth Marks Her 96th Birthday
She's spending her birthday at Sandringham, in a cottage favored by her late husband
- Queen Elizabeth II turned 96 Thursday, and to mark the occasion, the Royal Windsor Horse Show released a new photograph of the monarch ahead of the big day. The picture shows Elizabeth in between her two ponies, Bybeck Nightingale and Bybeck Katie, at Windsor Castle, the
reports. The ponies...
Harry, Meghan Reunite
With Queen, Prince Charles
Apr 15, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Harry, Meghan Reunite With Queen, Prince Charles
It's been more than 2 years since Markle has set foot in the UK
- Earlier this year, Prince Harry, who now lives in California with Meghan Markle and their two children, noted that security concerns were keeping them from visiting the UK. Those fears appear to have been allayed, at least enough to allow him and Markle to make a pit stop outside of...
'Vote of Support'
to Prince Andrew
Mar 29, 2022 11:51 AM CDT
Queen Gives 'Vote of Support' to Prince Andrew
He escorted Queen ahead of Tuesday's memorial service for Prince Philip
- Queen Elizabeth II shrugged off recent health issues to attend a memorial service for her husband, Prince Philip, at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday, entering the cavernous church through a side door to shorten the distance to her seat. The monarch entered the abbey on the arm of her second son,...
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince
Philip's Memorial Service
Mar 12, 2022 7:00 AM CST
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince Philip's Memorial Service
Prince slammed for 'snubbing' queen, whom rep says he hopes to visit soon
- Prince Harry said earlier this year he wouldn't be returning to the UK anytime soon, due to a lack of security detail for him and his family, and he apparently meant it—even if it means he'll miss his grandfather's memorial service. Per
, a spokesman for...
Feb 18, 2022 11:36 AM CST
UK Government: Harry's Police Request Is 'Unmeritorious'
Prince wants to be able to personally pay for police protection when in the UK
- Lawyers for Prince Harry told a court hearing on Friday that the British royal is unwilling to bring his children to his homeland because it is not safe. Harry has launched a legal challenge to the UK government’s refusal to let him personally pay for police protection when he...
Camilla's Future Title
Feb 5, 2022 5:25 PM CST
Queen Announces Camilla's Future Title
King's wife will become queen consort, Elizabeth announces
- The British royal family, whose titles and honorifics have been the subject of debate recently—especially those of Prince Harry , Meghan Markle , and Prince Andrew —settled on a future one Saturday. In a message marking her 70th anniversary on the throne, Queen Elizabeth II announced it's her wish...
Tells Judge He
Wants Jury Trial
Jan 26, 2022 4:32 PM CST
Prince Andrew Tells Judge He Wants Jury Trial
Filing denies allegations in Virginia Giuffre's lawsuit, seeks dismissal
- Britain's Prince Andrew issued fresh denials in a court filing Wednesday in which he "demands a trial by jury" in the sexual assault lawsuit facing him in New York. The document answers accusations in Virginia Giuffre's suit, CNN reports. The denials respond to accusations that Andrew conspired...
Queen Offers Minimum Wage
to Future Employee
Jan 21, 2022 9:20 AM CST
Queen Offers Minimum Wage to Future Employee
Royal family head needs part-time housekeeper
- The matriarch of the Royal Family has a stamp collection worth more than $135 million —but plans to pay her future housekeeper minimum wage,
reports. Queen Elizabeth II is advertising for a part-time housekeeper on the Royal Household’s jobs board, seeking someone who will work 20...
Ruling Puts Prince Andrew
on Path to Civil Trial
Jan 12, 2022 4:23 PM CST
Ruling Puts Prince Andrew on Path to Civil Trial
Judge decides Giuffre's earlier settlement doesn't keep royal from being sued
- Britain's Prince Andrew has almost run out of possibilities for keeping Virginia Giuffre's sexual abuse lawsuit against him from going to trial. US District Judge Lewis Kaplan in New York on Wednesday turned down Andrew's request to dismiss the case because of the terms of a 2009...
Harry and Meghan's
Holiday Card Has
Dec 23, 2021 2:08 PM CST
Harry and Meghan's Holiday Card Has Special Surprise
The world gets its first look at their daughter, Lilibet 'Lili' Diana
- Six months after the birth of Lilibet "Lili" Diana, the world is getting its first look at the British royal. The daughter of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, born June 4 , is included in a family photo on the couple's holiday card, shot by photographer Alexi Lubomirski over...
Markle Wins Another Round
in Battle Against Tabloid
Dec 2, 2021 11:53 AM CST
Markle Wins Another Round in Battle Against Tabloid
Duchess say it's time to reshape industry
- Meghan Markle has won another round in her yearslong legal battle against the
Mail on Sunday
—but publisher Associated Newspapers might take the case to Britain's top court before it agrees to pay the duchess damages and print a front-page apology. The Court of Appeal in London ruled in...
Book: Prince Charles
Wondered About Archie's Skin
Nov 29, 2021 3:09 AM CST
Book: Prince Charles Wondered About Archie's Skin
A rep for the prince denies the allegation
- When Meghan Markle told Oprah Winfrey there was some concern among the royal family about how dark the skin of her and Prince Harry's son Archie might be, she didn't say who exactly was concerned. According to a new book, it might have been Harry's own father,...
Nov 29, 2021 12:05 AM CST
Barbados to Officially Drop Monarchy
Country will swear in first-ever president
Barbados will, late Monday night, swear in its first president, thus officially ousting Queen Elizabeth II as head of state and cutting the island country's last imperial link to Britain after Britain colonized it in 1627. Prince Charles will be present at the ceremony, CNN reports. Barbados will...
Queen's 12th Great-Grandchild
Is Here, and Finally Has a Name
Oct 1, 2021 1:56 PM CDT
Queen's 12th Great-Grandchild Is Here, and Finally Has a Name
Princess Beatrice, husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome new daughter Sienna Elizabeth
- Britain's Princess Beatrice and her husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, have named their newborn daughter Sienna Elizabeth. In a tweet Friday, Beatrice revealed the name—in full, Sienna Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi—alongside a picture of the newborn's footprints, per the AP . Sienna Elizabeth is Queen Elizabeth II's 12th...
Judge: Prince Philip's Will to Be
Kept Under Wraps for 90 Years
Sep 17, 2021 7:24 AM CDT
Judge: Prince Philip's Will to Be Kept Under Wraps for 90 Years
Even then, it may not see the light of day
- If you've been dying to know who's going to get Prince Philip's hunting apparel, 13,000 books , and autographed pictures of himself, you'll be waiting till around the year 2111. Andrew McFarlane, a judge at London's High Court, has ruled that the will of the...
Harry? Not on
Sep 15, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
Pettiness From Royals Toward Harry? Not on His Birthday
Upbeat greetings poured in from the queen, William and Kate, Charles and Camilla for prince's 37th
- Earlier this summer, things still seemed tense between Prince Harry and his family back home across the pond. But the UK royals have apparently put any lingering hostilities on the back burner, at least for the day: Harry's 37th birthday on Wednesday. First came a tweeted birthday greeting from...
Sep 11, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Sex Abuse Case Against Andrew May Have Just Advanced
Legal team for accuser says papers in civil case were delivered to prince's UK residence on Aug. 27
- The civil case against Prince Andrew by a woman who claims he sexually abused her when she was a minor can't go forward until a US judge determines that legal papers have been served upon the prince. Now, it looks like that initial step may have been taken. The...
UK's Plan for Dealing With
Queen's Death Leaked
in case you missed it
Sep 5, 2021 7:15 AM CDT
UK's Plan for Dealing With Queen's Death Leaked
It's called 'Operation London Bridge'
- Politico says it has obtained the British government's plans for dealing with an event that hasn't happened in almost 70 years—the death of a reigning monarch. The leaked plan, called "Operation London Bridge," describes the day of Queen Elizabeth II's death as "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
'She Is Gone,' Texas Man Sobbed Into Phone
19 Elementary School Students, 2 Adults Dead in Texas Shooting
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
Senator's Angry, Heartbroken Speech on Texas School Shooting Goes Viral
Details Emerge About Teen Shooter in Texas
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.